Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
There is no way to tell in the vehicle, because even if it displays the last update, they aren't necessarily sequential.

There is a way to see what the last update is via a PC, I'll find that link and post it.
Try getting the great Widget Tool by tonesto7. He's done a great job and it will even display the OTA info.

It's a long thread, but worth the read. Note: Only for Iphone iPad at this point.
? Scriptable FordPass Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Car icon:

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 2.3.0 Is out IMG_20220107_152629

This leads to:

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 2.3.0 Is out IMG_20220107_152639

However, of course it can't be perfect, because Details gives:

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 2.3.0 Is out IMG_20220107_152842

??

"Blocks" has some nice animations. These little "stupid" games all seem to be poking at different bits of functionality, which is completely reasonable for "walk before you run"... ("trot before you gallop", in this case, I suppose?)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Car icon:

This leads to:

However, of course it can't be perfect, because Details gives:

??

"Blocks" has some nice animations. These little "stupid" games all seem to be poking at different bits of functionality, which is completely reasonable for "walk before you run"... ("trot before you gallop", in this case, I suppose?)
Yeah, these are obviously ways to test out the system for more full-featured stuff.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is this also available in FDRS? I dont have my car here, but dont see it in FDRS offline mode yet.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is this also available in FDRS? I dont have my car here, but dont see it in FDRS offline mode yet.
OTA numbering doesn't match up with updates in FDRS. But there is an APIM update in FDRS that's been hanging around for a while, so it's possible that's the same version.

Where can I find this on the widget?
Widget Settings -> Advanced Info Menu -> View OTA API Info

My status just changed from "queued" to "deploying". Now I'm going to go find a pot of water to watch boil.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I'm interested in what some of this stuff means. Based on the "update now" language it almost sounds like they are giving us the ability to jump the line of their staggered software rollouts if we know there is a line to jump. Unfortunately for those anxious to start doing that, we might have to wait for this powerup to roll out to us in order.?

I don't know about anyone else, but I kind of enjoy these rollouts. Back in the early days of smartphones every software update added interesting or new features, and now its all sort of ho-hum. Now a lot of these features should have been on our cars to begin with, but being they weren't I am enjoying their rollout.
No line jumping.

This update adds in an update schedule. This is so that you can tell the car "only update after midnight on Tuesdays". The "Update Now" button will allow you to override your schedule.

The ability to schedule them is for updates that require the car to sit for an extended period of time.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
No line jumping.

This update adds in an update schedule. This is so that you can tell the car "only update after midnight on Tuesdays". The "Update Now" button will allow you to override your schedule.

The ability to schedule them is for updates that require the car to sit for an extended period of time.
Which sounds like one of those may be coming soon...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My status just changed from "queued" to "deploying". Now I'm going to go find a pot of water to watch boil.
That didn't take long. About a minute after the status in the widget changed to "success", I got a push notification from FordPass reporting the new Power-Up. Now I'm going to go see what version of Sync the car says it has.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
From what I have gathered, this update is the first of a few updates that will bring job 1 cars up to all the software levels required for BlueCruise. Once all the updates are in place the cars will be ready for BlueCruise, but it may not be enabled as soon as you get all the OTA's. It still is a feature that Ford can turn on once they are ready.

I believe they are getting ready to get very aggressive with the OTA's to get the early cars up to date.

Obviously, if some other issue comes up, this schedule could get pushed out again. But things seem to be looking up!
Sponsored