Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Still no additional push for me after my first one failed. That push expired on 01-14-22 and OTA info via widget still gives the same push, dates, failure status.

Really wish we could force request the updates ourselves!
When I had 1.7.1 fail I contacted Ford and they said the window would open up again in 2 weeks. Then while I was waiting it just installed one day. So who knows lol.
Sponsored

Tim H

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ionic
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Where do you go to see what software version has been installed? Under software updates the only thing my car states is that everything is up-to-date. It doesn't say what software version has been installed. And since I don't have this latest game that was mentioned, I'm assuming I don't have the latest software update.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where do you go to see what software version has been installed?
Short answer, you can only see what the latest update was that was installed. Even then sometimes you can’t see that.

When was your car built?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Can confirm that Google Maps does fill the whole screen. When I first got the update Google Maps didn't resize. Now it is thank god.

Can also confirm that Waze makes use of expanded CarPlay as well.
Yes, Google Maps and Waze both look great in expanded view now!
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 2.3.0 Is out 1FFD9C55-5771-4EBF-A7AC-2424DABC36B8

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Are you always in Florida or just visiting? Saw you popping up on Plugshare reviews a lot!
Just visiting in Marco. We start back Wednesday.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Yes, Google Maps and Waze both look great in expanded view now!
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 2.3.0 Is out 1FFD9C55-5771-4EBF-A7AC-2424DABC36B8
I'm loving the expanded CarPlay. I did have one hiccup though: From time to time I've had both Google Maps and Waze freeze or lag like crazy when expanded. It usually sorts itself out after 5 minutes or so. Only happens through wireless CarPlay. Used it today with no problems.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Is it weird I just look at Plugshare around me for fun or does everyone do that? Haha
I mainly look for new chargers in the areas I am interested in, but it is nice to see a Mach-E having used the same site I am.

I should clarify and say used the same EVSE or DC Charger location I am.

Last edited:

Tim H

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ionic
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Short answer, you can only see what the latest update was that was installed. Even then sometimes you can’t see that.

When was your car built?
My car was scheduled to be built the week of 11 July 2021 if I'm remembering correctly. It was delivered to the dealership in mid September.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car was scheduled to be built the week of 11 July 2021 if I'm remembering correctly. It was delivered to the dealership in mid September.
Ok so you have the latest software for your car. The games and a few other small things have not been released yet for the late 2021 builds. The early 2021s are playing catch up right now.

ckelley87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold: 2021 Premium Extended RWD, Job 1
Country flag
I'm loving the expanded CarPlay. I did have one hiccup though: From time to time I've had both Google Maps and Waze freeze or lag like crazy when expanded. It usually sorts itself out after 5 minutes or so. Only happens through wireless CarPlay. Used it today with no problems.
Did you update your iPhone to 15.2.1? Apple fixed some issues with responsiveness of third-party apps in CarPlay.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Got a notice while driving the update failed :(. Doesn't show as stuck in the settings screen but it no longer shows what version I have, just says system is up to date. The update failed message, which was gone once I cleared it from the screen, said the car would try to update again next time there was an OTA push, which I assume means for the next release but perhaps they give the same release another shot?
Notice this afternoon update now installed successfully (ironically, I was parked in same lot and download finished while shopping in same story)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Got the update notification a few minutes after arriving home tonight.

Caution: if you're going to play Blocks for 45 minutes in your driveway with the car "running" (started with headlights on but in Park), and your not in the vehicle's preferred charge window, unplug from the EVSE. Otherwise you'll run your 12V down to 8.7V like I did. ?

SYNC started to shut down to save battery and I started getting warnings about the headlamps. Oopsies...
Sponsored