generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Got the update notification a few minutes after arriving home tonight.

Caution: if you're going to play Blocks for 45 minutes in your driveway with the car "running" (started with headlights on but in Park), and your not in the vehicle's preferred charge window, unplug from the EVSE. Otherwise you'll run your 12V down to 8.7V like I did. ?

SYNC started to shut down to save battery and I started getting warnings about the headlamps. Oopsies...
Are you sure it was in Ready mode and not just in Accessory mode? I would have thought the DC/DC converter would have stayed active.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Are you sure it was in Ready mode and not just in Accessory mode? I would have thought the DC/DC converter would have stayed active.
I'm positive... Started with foot on brake and I pressed okay when the shut down warning displayed at 30 minutes.

I guess it won't activate while plugged in but standing by due to charge hours??

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm positive... Started with foot on brake and I pressed okay when the shut down warning displayed at 30 minutes.

I guess it won't activate while plugged in but standing by due to charge hours??
I thought it won‘t go into Ready mode if it’s plugged in. That’s what stops you from driving away with the cord attached, no?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I thought it won‘t go into Ready mode if it’s plugged in. That’s what stops you from driving away with the cord attached, no?
Oh ok, fair point. Still, I'm not quite sure it's accessory mode, either? Maybe some in between mode then?

At any rate, I've got an 8am work meeting tomorrow. To assuage my anxiety, I went ahead and unplugged, started up the car, and monitored voltage for awhile. All is well now, I think.

The car hummed for the first minute or two, perhaps recharging the 12V (A/C is off this time of year). I sat in the car for a couple of minutes and noticed the voltage jump up to low 13's when I started (from the 8.7 or whatever it was when I first hit this issue). Then I shifted out of Park and it jumped up to 14.something volts. I sat there with the pedestrian warning hum for a few minutes more and then called it good enough. :)

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drobnxs.com
Vehicles
21 MME, 65 Mustang Too Many to List!
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Fired the car up today. Briefly saw an upgrade unsuccessful warning before the screen went to something else. Nothing in the Software Updates section. This upgrade system needs to be taken behind the shed and shot, for the good of all.

I'm not that upset at the fact that upgrades don't always succeed. But the cloud of uncertainty this systems architecture creates is inexcusable.

Tomorrow the car goes in for it's 10k service. I really, really, really hope all systems get a successful spanking and the worst of this is behind me!

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Caution: if you're going to play Blocks for 45 minutes in your driveway with the car "running" (started with headlights on but in Park), and your not in the vehicle's preferred charge window, unplug from the EVSE. Otherwise you'll run your 12V down to 8.7V like I did. ?

SYNC started to shut down to save battery and I started getting warnings about the headlamps. Oopsies...
Sounds like you found another programming error. The vehicle should charge the LVB while on plug even outside the charge schedule.

Just like it SHOULD condition the HVB under the same condition.

It looks like Ford has decided that neither battery gets any love outside the charge schedule.....even while plugged in. That is disappointing.

Glad you brought your car back to life. How were you able to determine the LVB voltage?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Have you had any updates done at the dealer? My FE wouldn't charge the 12v while plugged in and had the car on. One of the TSBs addressed it and an update resolved it.

That update actually gave my car the loud fans while L2 charging that I hadn't had before that. And then 2 weeks later the TSB came out for the update for the loud fans.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Glad you brought your car back to life. How were you able to determine the LVB voltage?
Just a cheap cigarette lighter voltmeter. This one, specifically:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VL9JZ0K/

Have you had any updates done at the dealer? My FE wouldn't charge the 12v while plugged in and had the car on. One of the TSBs addressed it and an update resolved it.

That update actually gave my car the loud fans while L2 charging that I hadn't had before that. And then 2 weeks later the TSB came out for the update for the loud fans.
No, have never been back to the dealer since I picked up the vehicle on March 6.

I've been TRYING for 2 months to get the vehicle back there for the glass recalls and software updates... without success, to where I've now got an appointment scheduled at a different dealer, but that is far out (February 23).

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just a cheap cigarette lighter voltmeter. This one, specifically:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VL9JZ0K/

No, have never been back to the dealer since I picked up the vehicle on March 6.

I've been TRYING for 2 months to get the vehicle back there for the glass recalls and software updates... without success, to where I've now got an appointment scheduled at a different dealer, but that is far out (February 23).
Those updates will fix that then.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Those updates will fix that then.
Really? The 21P22 update will allow the vehicle to charge the LVB while on plug outside the charge schedule? Will it also allow battery conditioning on plug outside the charge schedule too? If so, then that would be something worth going to the dealer for. Hmmm...???

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I warned you it was addicting

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Finally see the update is que'd again for me (after the initial failure last weekend). Hopefully it goes successful this time.
Sponsored