methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
My status now reads “expired” in the widget. Did you see that before eventually getting the “ready to install”?
Im not sure I ever saw “expired” as a status with mine.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
just got the update today, the volume from vertical to horizontal, was something i noticed straightaway
Phone volume is more clearly labelled as well when it is being changed:

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 2.3.0 Is out IMG_20220113_184936

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I noticed the update icon on the screen earlier today. I presume it is for this 2.3.0 update (unless there is another one out there already...)

Does anyone have any reason why I should not allow it to install? I think it might be nice to have the full screen CarPlay for those times where my wife uses the car. Other than that, I am not aware of any other improvements.

I will probably execute the installation tomorrow or Sunday unless there is a good reason to wait. Is there?

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I don't give a rats ass what strangers think or don't think. But it's different when it comes to factual information or stating whether my knowledge is relevant. Then I'll stand up for what I know to be true.
Don’t think too much about it. Some of us are professionals in relevant industries, some are enthusiastic hobbyists, and a small minority are opinionated idiots. Just keep it simple, use the “ignore” feature on threads and people, and don’t worry too much about the minds you aren’t going to change.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I noticed the update icon on the screen earlier today. I presume it is for this 2.3.0 update (unless there is another one out there already...)

Does anyone have any reason why I should not allow it to install? I think it might be nice to have the full screen CarPlay for those times where my wife uses the car. Other than that, I am not aware of any other improvements.

I will probably execute the installation tomorrow or Sunday unless there is a good reason to wait. Is there?
I’d go for it as soon as you have a little time. Seems like problems are rare, and the improved update scheduling seems like it is intended to help future updates come in a timely manner.

Frenzyguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
You can't :(.. Ford has to send it to your car. The dealer can give you 1.7.1, but anything newer is OTA only..

For what it's worth, even in the US we haven't gotten the frunk update or the extra battery capacity
It's weird mine is november 30th build date, arrived at dealer on december 27th, still on 2.1 I think and I can open the frunk with the touchscreen button.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Bummer, I think I was paying too much attention to getting it updated, first OTA failure earlier today. Vehicle just says up to date now (no ver #), only widget and website show failure on update.

I drove mine around for about 20 minutes after it queued, it then installed when I got home.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
What about us sad owners that are still stuck from the 1.7.1 update with no OTA updates since?

Had all the other TSB updates done at the dealership, but the APIM will not upload any updates.

Ford says a fix will be available in Feb, 2022.

Will all the Power Up updates be rescheduled for us??

Jim

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
What about us sad owners that are still stuck from the 1.7.1 update with no OTA updates since?

Had all the other TSB updates done at the dealership, but the APIM will not upload any updates.

Jim
Hope so im So jealous of the multiple updates out there and not in my car.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It's weird mine is november 30th build date, arrived at dealer on december 27th, still on 2.1 I think and I can open the frunk with the touchscreen button.
Not weird at all. The later builds haven’t gotten any OTA updates released for them yet.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Jim
Yes, as soon as the fix is applied and it has contacted the mother ship with it's fixed state it will start queuing up updates

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Update failed for me and I believe it is the reason why my android auto wouldn't work at all yesterday wired or wireless. First failed update that I've gotten all previous versions had no problems.
Sponsored