GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
Wish we could get Waze turn by turn on the cluster...
Sponsored

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Failed for me too. Says I have to wait for the next one.

20220122_072537.jpg

20220122_072609.jpg
Does that mean the next attempt or the next actual new OTA? Could you imagine if Apple was like “hey sorry, iOS 15.1 failed to install properly, we’ll wait for 15.2 to retry on your phone k bye”

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
Does that mean the next attempt or the next actual new OTA? Could you imagine if Apple was like “hey sorry, iOS 15.1 failed to install properly, we’ll wait for 15.2 to retry on your phone k bye”
I'm not getting these failed update messages, but my first attempt failed on 1.19 per the widget. Based on other reports, we shall see whether it tries again tomorrow (i.e. each 5 days).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Seems to me that we need an update to address all these failed updates! oh wait, that's called an appointment at the dealer.. some things never change.. :rolleyes:
It might be completely normal. There is a list of conditions for the OTA to install and any of those could pause or cancel an update in progress.

Failed updates are 100% fine with me if that means I get to use my car still.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not sure.
As long as the use and function of my car was not compromised then I will happily wait for a better time to try again.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
1.7.1 the last that can be forced by dealers? Why? How much could the total back-end load be for cars in for service? Mine was in earlier this week. So, I go for service, get my car back, and it's UI and software isn't up to date? Who thought that would be a good user experience?
Not sure where you got that. If 2.3.0 has been released for your VIN in the batch that’s out, you have 2.3.0 available to be installed at the dealer.

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drobnxs.com
Vehicles
21 MME, 65 Mustang Too Many to List!
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Not sure where you got that. If 2.3.0 has been released for your VIN in the batch that’s out, you have 2.3.0 available to be installed at the dealer.
Good to know. There has been more than one post saying that 1.7.1 was the last that could be done at the dealer and all future updates had to be OTA.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Apparently it means it will try again later. I noticed the icon again this morning. This time there is a little checkmark next to it. Probably means the update was successful. Will try and look at those screens later today when I have time.

20220124_081235.jpg

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Apparently it means it will try again later. I noticed the icon again this morning. This time there is a little checkmark next to it. Probably means the update was successful. Will try and look at those screens later today when I have time.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 2.3.0 Is out 20220124_081235
Yeah. Check mark is a successful update. You have blocks and tiles and stuff. And perhaps 2.1 patch notes to go with your 2.3 update. ;)