First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ah, that explains it. There was an early TSB for a PCM update that fixed the issue of the 12V battery not charging while the car was plugged in. Your warm climate is probably what's been keeping you from having a dead LVB before now.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...uring-the-high-voltage-charging-process.4922/
Yeah @benk016 reminded me about this, too. I completely forgot about that TSB.

Initially I was hoping it'd push OTA but now, 10 months later, it seems that won't happen. My recall/update appt is in late February.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ok, so the 3rd (4th) try at the 2.3 PowerUp failed last night and I think I can rule out the Wi-Fi versus cellular as Iā€™ve had Wi-Fi turned off in the car since the last failed try and cellular connection in my garage is excellent. According to Widget Tool (many thanks to @tonesto7 !) deployment expiration time is 2022-01-25 20:01:49 and the latest status timestamp is 2022-01-18 22:52:01 The Final Consumer Action is, as always General Failure Will Retry and the OTA alert status is UPDATE UNSUCCESSFUL

Sigh. Any thoughts? It would be nice if I knew how to pass this information on to @Ford Motor Company because it might be helpful for troubleshooting?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Ok, so the 3rd (4th) try at the 2.3 PowerUp failed last night and I think I can rule out the Wi-Fi versus cellular as Iā€™ve had Wi-Fi turned off in the car since the last failed try and cellular connection in my garage is excellent. According to Widget Tool (many thanks to @tonesto7 !) deployment expiration time is 2022-01-25 20:01:49 and the latest status timestamp is 2022-01-18 22:52:01 The Final Consumer Action is, as always General Failure Will Retry and the OTA alert status is UPDATE UNSUCCESSFUL

Sigh. Any thoughts? It would be nice if I knew how to pass this information on to @Ford Motor Company because it might be helpful for troubleshooting?
I would assume Ford is already collecting debug info from both successful and failure OTAs.

I had an open communication with Early Access for other issues and let them know as well that mine failed initially though. First time we've seen so many failures on an OTA that I've seen.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I would assume Ford is already collecting debug info from both successful and failure OTAs.

I had an open communication with Early Access for other issues and let them know as well that mine failed initially though. First time we've seen so many failures on an OTA that I've seen.
Trust me - no, itā€™s not! And Iā€™m not making any assumptions about Ford collecting or doing anything with data, given the limited improvements and continued schedule slips.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I think 1.7.1 had an awful lot of failures. At least 2.3.0 seems to fail cleanly. A lot of the 1.7.1 failures left the cars in a weird in-between state.
True. Should have clarified that this is the first time I've seen so many "clean" failures as you've said. With actual notification of a failure and actual attempts to install after a failure.

Maybe they did actually learn from the 1.7.1 issues in that regard?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Maybe they did actually learn from the 1.7.1 issues in that regard?
It seems so. I really don't understand how it's even possible for a Sync update to be stuck in a weird state. The APIM module does A/B updates, so rolling back to the last known good state should always be possible.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Any GT's get this yet?
Ford's gotta get updates to finish in under five seconds before they can be qualified for that model.

I'm hopeful for you that the planned 2.0T update will make you smile.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Welp according to the API mine still hasnā€™t been pushed out, maybe they are taking their time on this one like 1.7.1.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It seems so. I really don't understand how it's even possible for a Sync update to be stuck in a weird state. The APIM module does A/B updates, so rolling back to the last known good state should always be possible.
Actually, my Sync system has never been in a ā€œweirdā€ state. The only ways I know that an update has failed are:
The telltale that system update stops reporting PowerUp version and simply begins reporting system up-to-date, and Widget Tool.
With 1.7.1, I had parts of 1.7.1 while the system was still just saying system up-to-date.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Actually, my Sync system has never been in a ā€œweirdā€ state. The only ways I know that an update has failed are:
The telltale that system update stops reporting PowerUp version and simply begins reporting system up-to-date, and Widget Tool.
With 1.7.1, I had parts of 1.7.1 while the system was still just saying system up-to-date.
My 1.7.1 installed successfully but it always showed up to date on the sync screen. I got all notices on the app though saying it was successful. What were you missing from 1.7.1?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My 1.7.1 installed successfully but it always showed up to date on the sync screen. I got all notices on the app though saying it was successful. What were you missing from 1.7.1?
Honestly, itā€™s been a while and Iā€™m not sure. It did ultimately rolll over to 1.7.1 on the screen. I just checked through all my messages in the app to confirm and Iā€™ve never received a message in the app notifying me of a successful OTA/PowerUp ?ā€ā™‚

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yeah @benk016 reminded me about this, too. I completely forgot about that TSB.

Initially I was hoping it'd push OTA but now, 10 months later, it seems that won't happen. My recall/update appt is in late February.
That TSB is for not charging the LVB while the HVB is charging. Sounds like your car isn't charging the LVB while outside the schedule. Two different things. The module update might address both things though?

I would think if your car had the specific issue noted in the TSB then you would have experienced issues a long time ago.

I wonder if all the previous TSB issues are rolled up in the 21P22 update?
Sponsored