Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I feel like that'd be a pretty big change since that is what the car looks for too. I did link someone to the widget on Twitter and Mike Levine was tagged too so maybe it's my fault lol.
Don't feel too bad. A LOT of people have been bringing these up to anyone who would listen
Sponsored

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select Dual Motor Standard Range
Country flag

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine failed and got rolled all the way back to stock release from May.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Today I saw the little update check mark in the car on the Sync screen. I clicked on it and....... 'system up to date'. Booo!

I'm still in double fail for OTA 2.3.0. Says it's still in OTA Retry Pending status...maybe third time is a charm?

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 2.3.0 Is out 1643121033522

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select AWD SR
Country flag
Finally got my 2.3.0 update today. Decided this morning to turn off WiFi and when I took the car out a few hours later, the update was complete. Loving the full screen CarPlay!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This morning when I went on the Ford.com site, did my network view, it appeared that maybe I had rec'd 2.3 overnight. It was different than the prior day, and when I cut and pasted the message, it said 2.3 in the text.

When out, powered the car up, and I clicked on the checkmark, got an up to date message, then got a failure message. Last firmware notes said I got 2.1. Today's note says 2.1, but when I log in now I get "Update Unsuccessful" and "General Failure Will Retry".

Looks like the deployment was 1/24 - 1/31, so perhaps the retry will happen soon?

FordPass hasn't told me anything.

It shouldn't be this hard...

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
Today I saw the little update check mark in the car on the Sync screen. I clicked on it and....... 'system up to date'. Booo!

I'm still in double fail for OTA 2.3.0. Says it's still in OTA Retry Pending status...maybe third time is a charm?

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power Up 2.3.0 Is out 1643121033522
Curious (since the widget got cut off from OTA info)...where are you pulling this from?

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
Oddly, I had the successful download icon when I got in the car and also got the successful update message when I clicked on it, but I'm definitely not on 2.3. And in the Software Update menu it still simply just says that I'm up to date, as it has since the first failed install. Hey, thanks! The widget OTA info would sure come in handy about now...

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I got the phantom update a few days ago (OTA API isn’t working now, but previously showed a 1/20 to 1/26 deployment window), but tonight, just a few seconds after removing my ODB adapter (which I leave in all the time), SYNC rebooted and I got the full 2.3.0 suite of features.

So it could be a coincidence, but quite suspicious. If you are stuck and have an ODB adapter in, try removing for a few days to see what happens.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
yay 1.6 is finally queued up..... why am i so far behind :(

can anyone point me to the list of which version does what, i've seen some partial lists but they often don't go back before 1.7 lol

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select Dual Motor Standard Range
Country flag
It appears that the phantom update is an update to the TCU (cell modem). Both a cell modem update and an APIM update are included as part of 2.3.0 so seems like people who are seeing success and then a failure are seeing the TCU update successfully but the APIM fail.
Sponsored