OTA Power-up 2.5.1 rolling out

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
People with FDRS--- Out of curiosity, are you jumping straight to updating via FDRS or waiting to see if the OTA process works? I'm usually a couple of weeks behind the first to report a new OTA, and I've resisted the urge to do the updates myself. Ideally, I want to get off of the FDRS subscription model.
I have a years' subscription, and by god I intend to use it!
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Is there a worry about the LVB being drained during an update? 145 minutes is a long time for the screen to be on, should we plug in?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Still nothing new scheduled for me per the Widget ?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Is there a worry about the LVB being drained during an update? 145 minutes is a long time for the screen to be on, should we plug in?
Mine was plugged in, but while it was in the update process FordPass said it was unable to charge.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Don't believe screen stays on. But these are the types of real world tests that are the point of the early access program before full scale roll out

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Don't believe screen stays on. But these are the types of real world tests that are the point of the early access program before full scale roll out
My car was also plugged in (note it only took 70 minutes, not the 145 it said it would) but I also checked in on the car occasionally.

Every once in a while the instrument panel would come on and then off. The main screen remained "black" but the backlight was on.

I wasn't able to get to my EVSE to see if the car was drawing any current....

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Just curious, those who have been getting these updates .. how often are you checking "connected services" online? Or are you more patient then the rest of us?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Every once in a while the instrument panel would come on and then off. The main screen remained "black" but the backlight was on.
Someone in the FB group just posted that theirs was updating and it looked like their center screen was on with a progress bar.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Nothing showed up in FDRS for my Job 1 (build date 4/15/21) this evening. I'll check again this weekend.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Someone in the FB group just posted that theirs was updating and it looked like their center screen was on with a progress bar.
I didn't see a progress bar. Just the initial "Preparing Update" followed by blank screen. I checked in on it about 3-4 times during the update.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Just had this pop up about 20 minutes ago:

Ford Power-Up 2.5.1

Some minor fine-tuning to keep everything up to date.

As a result of these updates you may see a message in your screen behind the steering wheel, stating, “Reverse Brake Assist not available. See manual”. This message is accurate but will clear in just a couple minutes into your drive, and the feature will then be available.

Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E™ vehicle. Enjoy.
I just took delivery of a 2022 GT late last night and I'm trying to determine what the software level is on the car. Do you know where can I find this? I've looked in the user manual and haven't found anything on the topic. Also, in the SYNC4A Settings/System Updates section there are choices to enable/disable Auto Updates, Scheduled Updates, etc. All it says is that the system is up to date but doesn't show what level the software is. I checked the online HTML version the 2022 manual and it has the following (which do not match what I'm seeing at all):

"Scheduling an Over the Air System Update
Make sure vehicle connectivity and automatic updates are switched on.

Using the Settings Menu
  1. Access the vehicle drawer on the touchscreen.
  1. Press SETTINGS.
  1. Press System Updates.
  1. Press Schedule Updates.
  1. Use the controls to set the time and day of the update.
  1. Save the schedule."
Sponsored