Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
It is interesting that the notes on this one says "small changes here and there". The meat of the update must have been in 2.5.1 based on those file sizes, and maybe this one just updates a couple parameters telling the software to go live.
The release notes leave a lot everything to be desired.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Here's a tweet that Levine RT'd:
So some guy named Matt posted this picture on Twitter yesterday but was very evasive when asked if it was HIS car. Then some clown later in the thread responded that, just because it’s called “hands-free” doesn’t mean you should remove your hands from the steering wheel. The moron cautioned all BlueCruise users to keep their hands on the steering wheel at all times so that they can quickly take control.
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Power-up 2.5.1 rolling out 29057DDF-EC26-412A-925F-DD714A00D0D6

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
2.5.1 installed yesterday, and today took the car out for the first time. It was not pleasant.

My wife is very motion sensitive, but for the past two months I've had ACC/Lane Centering and Lane Keep Assist active and it's not been too bad; when we first got the car I has to disable Lane Centering, but after a few OTAs and some tweaking of the settings it was not noticeable to me, maybe slightly to her.

When we got on the interstate today, I turned on ACC and was greeted with a pop-up saying "BlueCruise enabled; be ready to take over control if needed: OK" or something to that effect. I didn't process that the message said "BlueCruise" right away, but (as I think someone else mentioned) it's wasn't really BlueCruise, just the old ACC. When I did realize what it said, I disengaged and turned it on again to double-check but the message didn't pop back up.

What did happen was a very noticeable "jitttering" with Lane Centering; it wasn't abrupt corrections but continuous adjustments. Left, a little more left, right, left, right, some more right, left, etc. I could feel the steering wheel "randomly" moving about every 1/2 second. After about 10 seconds of this I disengaged, and asked my wife to find Lane Centering and turn it off. She asked me if I was doing that or was it the car; I said the car, and she said "yes, if felt like you were fighting it".

I went back into the controls to see if some setting had changed (we lost our charge settings and some other things), but Lane Keep Assist seems set the same as before.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
2.5.1 installed yesterday, and today took the car out for the first time. It was not pleasant.

My wife is very motion sensitive, but for the past two months I've had ACC/Lane Centering and Lane Keep Assist active and it's not been too bad; when we first got the car I has to disable Lane Centering, but after a few OTAs and some tweaking of the settings it was not noticeable to me, maybe slightly to her.

When we got on the interstate today, I turned on ACC and was greeted with a pop-up saying "BlueCruise enabled; be ready to take over control if needed: OK" or something to that effect. I didn't process that the message said "BlueCruise" right away, but (as I think someone else mentioned) it's wasn't really BlueCruise, just the old ACC. When I did realize what it said, I disengaged and turned it on again to double-check but the message didn't pop back up.

What did happen was a very noticeable "jitttering" with Lane Centering; it wasn't abrupt corrections but continuous adjustments. Left, a little more left, right, left, right, some more right, left, etc. I could feel the steering wheel "randomly" moving about every 1/2 second. After about 10 seconds of this I disengaged, and asked my wife to find Lane Centering and turn it off. She asked me if I was doing that or was it the car; I said the car, and she said "yes, if felt like you were fighting it".

I went back into the controls to see if some setting had changed (we lost our charge settings and some other things), but Lane Keep Assist seems set the same as before.
What setting do you have your Lane Keep Assist on? I found mine does this on aggressive. The pop up about BlueCruise only comes on the first time you engage it for that drive until you power off again.

stangmatt21

First Name
Matt | macheauto
Threads
Reaction score
Website
threads.net
Vehicles
'21 GTPE, '22 Lightning, VW R32, '66 Must Conv.
Occupation
Digital Product Manager
Country flag
So some guy named Matt posted this picture on Twitter yesterday but was very evasive when asked if it was HIS car. Then some clown later in the thread responded that, just because it’s called “hands-free” doesn’t mean you should remove your hands from the steering wheel. The moron cautioned all BlueCruise users to keep their hands on the steering wheel at all times so that they can quickly take control.
29057DDF-EC26-412A-925F-DD714A00D0D6.gif
Hi ?, I'm "some guy named Matt" and I wasn't "evasive." No one asked if it was my car, otherwise I would have answered that no it is not. It was from a friend in the Early Access Program.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hi ?, I'm "some guy named Matt" and I wasn't "evasive." No one asked if it was my car, otherwise I would have answered that no it is not. It was from a friend in the Early Access Program.
Hi Matt! Glad to meet you ? thanks for the scoop! Sorry if I sounded excessively skeptical - I tend to have a jaundiced view of most “social media” ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
He means RELIABLE, you need to have Jim Farley call @Jimrpa or else it isn't reliable. Don't you know this by now?!
Oh come on - I’d settle for a call from Bill Ford ?

Jonis

First Name
Jonis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Still on 1.6.x :(
Last updated 2021 08 27….
Sponsored