[OTA] Power-Up 2.8.3 for 2021 Job 2 cars

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I wonder when people that insisted that Ford had forgotten about Job 2 vehicles, that they were never going to update Job 2 cars, etc. are going to admit they were wrong, and maybe even delete their threads.

I'm not holding my breath.
Or maybe they were right, got Ford’s attention and this is the result?

The world may never know.
Sponsored

pclarkjr

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I believe I have 2021 Job 2, how can I get this update? The normal way or Do I need to be in “early access” ? I have my car set on the update schedule for Sundays overnight, any way to manually push an update? New to this

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I believe I have 2021 Job 2, how can I get this update? The normal way or Do I need to be in “early access” ? I have my car set on the update schedule for Sundays overnight, any way to manually push an update? New to this
I just got it today. I’m early access.

Not sure what’s in the update, but hopefully some bug fixes:

Ford Mustang Mach-E [OTA] Power-Up 2.8.3 for 2021 Job 2 cars BCBA9476-680F-46B9-B571-1C7C5C807C1E

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
Not EA, RWD, Premium.

Got 2.8.2 today, hoping to get 2.8.3 soon.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
So for a '21 Job 2 car...this brings them to parity with Job 1 cars for the APIM.

Is that it?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Does it also include the charging curve update?
Yes, I just have no insight on the plans of actually sending that OTA. Very good chance it will come with the recall software update.
It has been confirmed in another thread that cars with the recall OTA also get the charge curve improvement. It was confirmed with people testing the DCFC charging speed before and after the recall OTA.

So great news for everyone waiting for this!

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
It has been confirmed in another thread that cars with the recall OTA also get the charge curve improvement. It was confirmed with people testing the DCFC charging speed before and after the recall OTA.

So great news for everyone waiting for this!
Excellent. So sounds like everyone should be on par software-wise once the recall update id deployed OTA to everyone which should be ~by end of July?

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Excellent. So sounds like everyone should be on par software-wise once the recall update id deployed OTA to everyone which should be ~by end of July?
Not necessarily. 2.8.3 which is the SYNC update hasn't even gone out to most EA yet so count on August.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not necessarily. 2.8.3 which is the SYNC update hasn't even gone out to most EA yet so count on August.
And it depends on how your define "on par software-wise". There are software updates people have applied using the Ford update tool FDRS that may or may not be delivered via OTA. So if you mean everyone will be "on par" regarding OTAs, hopefully one day - maybe this year!

a4tech

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '21
Country flag
Would You be able to share VIN to see which part number does 22095 REV 421 has ?

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
On another thread (and I can not find it) someone wrote that you had to have three bars on your AT&T cellular service to initiate an OTA? I can not find a way to see the signal strength? Is this true or can I rely solely on WIFI?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On another thread (and I can not find it) someone wrote that you had to have three bars on your AT&T cellular service to initiate an OTA? I can not find a way to see the signal strength? Is this true or can I rely solely on WIFI?
I have seen posts from people who have watched the OTA download through their WiFi network. So if that is accurate, WiFi should be just fine.
Sponsored