benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Was that trip flag mileage below the range on the little screen all along? I never noticed it before the update. It is like a mileage from my home to work, even though I have not set that as the trip.
Yes, its only there when you use the built in nav. It will either be miles to your destination, or miles to the next charger.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
There are a lot, A LOT, of bugs with the ME. The roll out and testing is a bit too slow for my tastes. Let's get on with it folks! I thought that was what the beta was for.

Jh6284

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The number of issues I’m having is concerning. Ford needs to step up those updates. I guess we are the BETA testing group. Shame on Ford for releasing such unstable software!!

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The number of issues I’m having is concerning. Ford needs to step up those updates. I guess we are the BETA testing group. Shame on Ford for releasing such unstable software!!
I mean its that or we wait another 6 months to a year to take delivery.

To be honest, this is the new normal and I'm ok with it. If you want to be on the bleeding edge of new technology there are going to be some hiccups. Some worse than others...but for the most part I'm really happy with my car. I'd rather it be the way it is right now than have to wait 6 more months to get it.

Though I do agree they need to step the OTA updates up. They have a bunch of updates the dealer can install but they haven't pushed them OTA yet. Why not?

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Did anyone get the OTA update that was pushed out today? I haven't discovered any bug fixes yet since then, but I'll keep an eye out. I really wish Ford would post a change log of what was actually fixed instead of these generic and useless messages like "Refinements, bug fixes". I'm sure most people couldn't care less of about that level of detail, but I some of us want to know which of the annoying issues was "fixed" with the update. Oh well, I guess we'll find out together what actually changed ?.

Screenshot_20210408-145047.png
Screenshot_20210408-145532.png
First of all..... I am SO ANGRY I didnt think of the name that you used for your car first!

Second I have not received my update yet...... Hopefully soon. I just got mine 3 days ago so maybe I am behind others in the rollout.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I received it and didn't notice until I actually ran my VIN in PTS. It isn't very obvious unless you're looking for it. If you use the app often you may see it when you scroll down.

It is a slow rollout of updates though so be patient. Unfortunately this update really doesn't fix anything though.
What is PTS?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
i will assume that, just as my car enjoyed an extended spring break in Sunny Mexico, then a leisurely train ride across the US, the electrons making up my copy of the OTA are being routed by way of the Mars orbiter, then a couple of hops through various Mars rovers, then a trip to the Parker Solar Probe, then way out to New Horizons, back to Juno, then finally home to the DSN, signal cleanup and reconstruction, then off to my car. Should only take a few months ?

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
i will assume that, just as my car enjoyed an extended spring break in Sunny Mexico, then a leisurely train ride across the US, the electrons making up my copy of the OTA are being routed by way of the Mars orbiter, then a couple of hops through various Mars rovers, then a trip to the Parker Solar Probe, then way out to New Horizons, back to Juno, then finally home to the DSN, signal cleanup and reconstruction, then off to my car. Should only take a few months ?
Keep in mind that there may be delays due to the movements of the monoliths currently moving through the desert southwest

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
What is PTS?
"Professional Technician's Society". It is Fords repair backend. You can use OASIS to run vins, view connected car data, workshop manual, wiring diagrams, etc. You can purchase a subscription to the tune of $2600/yr lol. Dealers get better deals per login for each employee.

OP
OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I mean its that or we wait another 6 months to a year to take delivery.

To be honest, this is the new normal and I'm ok with it. If you want to be on the bleeding edge of new technology there are going to be some hiccups. Some worse than others...but for the most part I'm really happy with my car. I'd rather it be the way it is right now than have to wait 6 more months to get it.

Though I do agree they need to step the OTA updates up. They have a bunch of updates the dealer can install but they haven't pushed them OTA yet. Why not?
Agreed. After waiting so long to get the car there is no way I'd want to go back to waiting. I'm sure people that don't have their cars yet would gladly deal with some mostly minor issues and have their car now.

I'm hoping once Ford gets going they establish a regular cadence of bug fixes(with patch notes).

OP
OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
First of all..... I am SO ANGRY I didnt think of the name that you used for your car first!

Second I have not received my update yet...... Hopefully soon. I just got mine 3 days ago so maybe I am behind others in the rollout.
Ah a fellow Trekkie, you can use the name too, I won't judge ?. The name is so fitting for me personally, but also a testament to the car itself with the Mustang name and all.

I've barely had my car for 2 weeks and I just got the update. It seems to be a very long staggered rollout.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I do not get any of the info in the picture on the app, just the top row of remote start. Nothing about windows or liftgate. Is that because I do not have Paak enabled?
They connect via bluetooth you need to have connected (paired) your phones bluetooth to the car once. PAAK I do not think so but fordpass and a bluetooth connection (paired) is required. Paak appears to be it trying to act like a key to start/open it most of the time.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
In the Tesla community, a number of YouTubers have seemingly made a living keeping up with what's different in each version, especially the "fixes and improvements" ones.

There's even a website NotATeslaApp.com specifically for this purpose. Full disclosure, I've collaborated with them for the Voice Commands List portion of the site.

If only there were passionate members of this forum who would do likewise?

Hint... ?
Sponsored