Deleted member 3663

All I know is since this update my phone keeps disconnecting now.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I do not get any of the info in the picture on the app, just the top row of remote start. Nothing about windows or liftgate. Is that because I do not have Paak enabled?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I do not get any of the info in the picture on the app, just the top row of remote start. Nothing about windows or liftgate. Is that because I do not have Paak enabled?
I believe so.. I have never gotten a prompt to set up paak and I don't have those buttons either

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Was that trip flag mileage below the range on the little screen all along? I never noticed it before the update. It is like a mileage from my home to work, even though I have not set that as the trip.

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I apparently got it too. Yesterday I was parked waiting for the wife and using the owner’s manual to learn about the trip odometer. It said I needed to click/touch the six dots. What six dots? Later while driving the six dots appeared where I normally see my initials as the user. All of these changes are out of our control, we just have to go with the flow.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Vague update messages like this generally mean very little changed; my guess is that none of the bugs people noticed or cared about were fixed and no new features were added.
I am guessing that this is nothing more than a placebo release verifying the update process with live production cars. Often software providers will have to release an update that is nothing more than updates to the update mechanism so that the next update will operate properly. Not that I know about this working for a large software company that does massive updates all the time or anything :)

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I am guessing that this is nothing more than a placebo release verifying the update process with live production cars. Often software providers will have to release an update that is nothing more than updates to the update mechanism so that the next update will operate properly. Not that I know about this working for a large software company that does massive updates all the time or anything :)
It updated the GWM (it was a 101mb update) which is the module in charge of pushing all OTA updates to other modules in the vehicle. So it appears it was an update to setup for future OTA updates.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
It updated the GWM (it was a 101mb update) which is the module in charge of pushing all OTA updates to other modules in the vehicle. So it appears it was an update to setup for future OTA updates.
Ah yes, the recursive update update.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I haven't received any update.. strange
I haven't either, then again I haven't received a car yet either so that might have something to do with it

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I received it and didn't notice until I actually ran my VIN in PTS. It isn't very obvious unless you're looking for it. If you use the app often you may see it when you scroll down.

It is a slow rollout of updates though so be patient. Unfortunately this update really doesn't fix anything though.
Sponsored