Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Country flag
Did anyone get the OTA update that was pushed out today? I haven't discovered any bug fixes yet since then, but I'll keep an eye out. I really wish Ford would post a change log of what was actually fixed instead of these generic and useless messages like "Refinements, bug fixes". I'm sure most people couldn't care less of about that level of detail, but I some of us want to know which of the annoying issues was "fixed" with the update. Oh well, I guess we'll find out together what actually changed ?.

Screenshot_20210408-145047.png
Screenshot_20210408-145532.png
I work for a software developer, we have to list what's changed, our customers have to remain ISO compliant and need to verify the software. I'm surprised a company the size of Ford doesn't do this. And as a QA, when I receive my car and it has OTA updates, that will drive me crazy not knowing what was fixed.

OP
OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I work for a software developer, we have to list what's changed, our customers have to remain ISO compliant and need to verify the software. I'm surprised a company the size of Ford doesn't do this. And as a QA, when I receive my car and it has OTA updates, that will drive me crazy not knowing what was fixed.
I agree. I suspect they do have every change documented in detail, but it is for internal use only. To that point, it would be fairly trivial to take the developer change logs and adapt them for customers. It would go a long way toward customer satisfaction.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Am I the ONLY one to have NEVER gotten an update???

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I have come to believe that the update changed nothing operational, and that any perception that it did is just a placebo effect.
What is ironic is that my wife got her mme just recently about 3 weeks ago and she got an update. It never showed on her ford pass app but it did in the car under updates. On my FE all it says is up to date. I had called the OTA department roughly 2-3 weeks ago and they said that I was up to date. I do not understand. My only concept is that if the cars that were held in Kansas for all of that time were given the updates and the ones now maybe were rushed through to get them delivered??? Probably I am way off base but I find this just plain crazy. I looked at her settings and it has no planned day of the week for updates just like mine so that whenever one comes we can get it.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
starting to think nothing was updated other than a notification was sent that an update occurred. 5 pages of what may or may not have been updated. lol

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
can someone confirm, will the OTA updates work on a car in an enclosed garage?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I had called the OTA department roughly 2-3 weeks ago and they said that I was up to date.
The update is still rolling out. You'll get it. But don't get your hopes up that it will change anything.

can someone confirm, will the OTA updates work on a car in an enclosed garage?
Sure, as long as the car has WiFi or Cellular connectivity.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
nope.... android, and most of the business/engineering sw I use is MS/Linux.
I'm basing my expectation on what I would consider 'good practice' for ANY product software updates:

- a website/forum hosted by developer to submit bugs and enhancement requests
- a searchable 'knowledge base' for known issues, when and if fixed in what patch
- downloadable/self-installable patch releases if they aren't 'pushed' out.
Let me quote typical Apple release notes for you:
“Performance enhancements and bug fixes”
“This release contains bug fixes and performance enhancements.”
“This release contains important security updates and performance enhancements, and is recommended for all users.”
Those are your three choices, unless you’re getting something announced at an Apple Event. Then you’ll get all kinds of documentation announcing the new version of <whatever>os and it’s new features and capabilities.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
What is ironic is that my wife got her mme just recently about 3 weeks ago and she got an update. It never showed on her ford pass app but it did in the car under updates. On my FE all it says is up to date. I had called the OTA department roughly 2-3 weeks ago and they said that I was up to date. I do not understand. My only concept is that if the cars that were held in Kansas for all of that time were given the updates and the ones now maybe were rushed through to get them delivered??? Probably I am way off base but I find this just plain crazy. I looked at her settings and it has no planned day of the week for updates just like mine so that whenever one comes we can get it.
How do you contact the “OTA department”?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
How do you contact the “OTA department”?
There is no OTA Department - at least not anywhere you can call. CSRs say a lot of stupidly inaccurate stuff. One of the ones I reached was convinced I hadn’t received the update because I hadn’t scheduled a specific time to receive my updates.

I do know that some CSRs were selected to receive special “Mach E Training” - possibly the beginning of a MME helpdesk, but I highly doubt this training will even bring them up to speed with most users of this forum, let alone enable them to help us.
Sponsored