exfordguy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lincoln Aviator. 202Mach-E Premium.
Occupation
Retired from Ford IT
Country flag
There is no OTA Department - at least not anywhere you can call. CSRs say a lot of stupidly inaccurate stuff. One of the ones I reached was convinced I hadn’t received the update because I hadn’t scheduled a specific time to receive my updates.

I do know that some CSRs were selected to receive special “Mach E Training” - possibly the beginning of a MME helpdesk, but I highly doubt this training will even bring them up to speed with most users of this forum, let alone enable them to help us.

I actually started a bit of a !@#$ storm after calling the help desk number that was included in the email about the additional 250 kwh. After waiting for a half hour, I finally got to talk to one of their CSR's. I was looking for some definitive answers on when the FCCS was going to be available, and what alternative solutions were approved for use with the Mach-E should it turn out to be an extended wait. His answer was "we don't know" to both questions. I sent a mini rant to a guy I hired at Ford who is now relatively high up in the company. Within a half hour I was talking to the manager of the help desk, who basically admitted that they have a lot of work to do in that area. They've always had the dealers between them and the end customer. The whole direct customer interaction thing is going to take them a while to get the hang of. ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I actually started a bit of a !@#$ storm after calling the help desk number that was included in the email about the additional 250 kwh. After waiting for a half hour, I finally got to talk to one of their CSR's. I was looking for some definitive answers on when the FCCS was going to be available, and what alternative solutions were approved for use with the Mach-E should it turn out to be an extended wait. His answer was "we don't know" to both questions. I sent a mini rant to a guy I hired at Ford who is now relatively high up in the company. Within a half hour I was talking to the manager of the help desk, who basically admitted that they have a lot of work to do in that area. They've always had the dealers between them and the end customer. The whole direct customer interaction thing is going to take them a while to get the hang of. ?
The way companies can be put on blast with ease on social media these days, they probably should get on their customer service ASAP. Either that, or have a really good PR team on standby for the clean up ?.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
for the "approved EVSE" question, even if you got a "real" answer, it would be meaningless. There's too many options, and too much weirdness being seen in some places like the ongoing "Illinois apparently doesn't know how to do 240V" problem, and a lot of units are software updatable. It would be like the Sync phone compatibility lists, which were outdated before the cars even shipped.

this is not in any way excusing anything - just explaining that the question has a proper answer and it's not a list, it's "as long as it's J-1772, it should work" and that's that.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
As far as the OTA department I called ford and was connected to the help desk. I asked about OTA and was sent over to another place and the guy answered OTA department. I asked why I had yet to see an update. He asked for my vin number and I gave it to him. He told me exactly when I picked it up which is common stuff but he said I just verified your vin with the OTA system and you are correct you have not gotten one however your car is currently up to date.

I did not call my dealer. I called Ford support. They had a division specializing in the MME. Granted all they could do was read the manual. When I got specific I was transferred and yessss they answered OTA. I called on Sunday about something and they once again said that the department I needed closed at 5pm EST and it was called internal diagnostic systems or something like that. She said they had very specific departments handling very specific aspects of the MME. She was willing to give me the toll free number but I had nothing to write on and she could not email.

I think too many people are underestimating fords commitment to this car.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So One thing I have noticed since the OTA, I have been using the memory buttons to re-load my profile to get my sound settings to come back.

Since the update, when I do this, I now get the below popup message on the big screen twice in a row after doing this. I had never seen this message until after the OTA.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Update 4/8/2021 - Have You Noticed What's Changed? 20210414_103446

OP
OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
So One thing I have noticed since the OTA, I have been using the memory buttons to re-load my profile to get my sound settings to come back.

Since the update, when I do this, I now get the below popup message on the big screen twice in a row after doing this. I had never seen this message until after the OTA.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Update 4/8/2021 - Have You Noticed What's Changed? 20210414_103446
I've been getting a few odd ball alerts like the 911 assist from time to time when I use the seat memory toggle to reload my profile too. I didn't have the issue prior to the update, however I also wasn't toggling my profile regularly either.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
As far as the OTA department I called ford and was connected to the help desk. I asked about OTA and was sent over to another place and the guy answered OTA department. I asked why I had yet to see an update. He asked for my vin number and I gave it to him. He told me exactly when I picked it up which is common stuff but he said I just verified your vin with the OTA system and you are correct you have not gotten one however your car is currently up to date.

I did not call my dealer. I called Ford support. They had a division specializing in the MME. Granted all they could do was read the manual. When I got specific I was transferred and yessss they answered OTA. I called on Sunday about something and they once again said that the department I needed closed at 5pm EST and it was called internal diagnostic systems or something like that. She said they had very specific departments handling very specific aspects of the MME. She was willing to give me the toll free number but I had nothing to write on and she could not email.

I think too many people are underestimating fords commitment to this car.
Who did you call at Ford and what was the magic phrase you used to get transferred to the OTA department? Do you have a number?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Did anyone get the OTA update that was pushed out today? I haven't discovered any bug fixes yet since then, but I'll keep an eye out. I really wish Ford would post a change log of what was actually fixed instead of these generic and useless messages like "Refinements, bug fixes". I'm sure most people couldn't care less of about that level of detail, but I some of us want to know which of the annoying issues was "fixed" with the update. Oh well, I guess we'll find out together what actually changed ?.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...pdate-and-i-gotta-say-i’m-not-thrilled….6122/