Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
So I have figured out that whenever you see this 500 Internal Error message in the backend, it means an update is queued. I've got 3.6.2 queued now for install, just had to turn the car on to get it going.
best MME news all day! thanks.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Well I got 4.1.2 today but can't install. This is what website shows. What does this mean?

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Update Status Hidden in the Ford Website Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 9.07.25 PM
Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Update Status Hidden in the Ford Website Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 9.07.25 PM
Looks like it failed but it pulled in the wrong release note file. I bet if you reboot sync you’ll see the 4.1.1 release notes. It should retry in a week.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
^^^ I received 4.1.1 yesterday.
Looks like you still have 4.1.1 but it’s showing the wrong release notes, and the website backend said the install of 4.1.2 failed for some reason.

mach-e-waiting

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select and 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Re the 4.1.2 Update got mine yesterday Mach-E built Jan 2022
There was no notice in FordPass only the little symbol on the Touch panel
Hit the button there were no instructions about turn off the car etc so I just hit update now
It was "update in progress " for nearly 3 hours and my car has a very fast WiFi connection so I think the Ford server was really slow.

Good News however is the Update to the UI is really nice. Colored icons and the use of the "Volume Know" for setting Fan, Temp, seats etc is just brilliant engineering I think Ford got this one right. The other parts of the UI re design are very well done - clearly Ford has listened to customers.
Extra nice touch : The Temperature setting Digits are larger font -easier to see - Good Job Ford

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
Looks like it failed but it pulled in the wrong release note file. I bet if you reboot sync you’ll see the 4.1.1 release notes. It should retry in a week.
I rebooted Sync today and still hasn't installed. How often does it try again?

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Update Status Hidden in the Ford Website Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 8.49.14 AM

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I rebooted Sync today and still hasn't installed. How often does it try again?

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Update Status Hidden in the Ford Website Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 8.49.14 AM
It takes it a week to retry. Yes, it's annoying. I would turn off Automatic Updates, that way you get the notice in the car to accept it instead of it doing it in the background so you can do it in an area where you have good cell service and have it parked.

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Here is what mine is showing. Last notice of an update I got was 3.6.1. Does this mean that 3.6.2 is in the queue?

1.jpg

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
There was no notice in FordPass only the little symbol on the Touch panel
Here is what mine is showing. Last notice of an update I got was 3.6.1. Does this mean that 3.6.2 is in the queue?

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Update Status Hidden in the Ford Website 1
I believe thats the case, still havent seen anything past 3.5.4 on mine, which happened a month ago

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Mine has:

DisplayOTAStatusReport: null
Error: null

no idea what that means.

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I believe that's the case, still haven't seen anything past 3.5.4 on mine, which happened a month ago
Well, it was in the queue. Once I went out for a drive, it gave me the update icon and installed it while I was at the mall. So getting closer to the big update!

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So I have figured out that whenever you see this 500 Internal Error message in the backend, it means an update is queued. I've got 3.6.2 queued now for install, just had to turn the car on to get it going.
I'm not sure about that. I got this error even though there were no software updates queued, for several days. Also, it wouldn't make sense that the backend server would return 500 for an update queued for the car. This smells more like buggy backend software on Ford's side.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure about that. I got this error even though there were no software updates queued, for several days. Also, it wouldn't make sense that the backend server would return 500 for an update queued for the car. This smells more like buggy backend software on Ford's side.
No I’ve seen it multiple times, on inhibit updates. Basically what I think happens is the car checks in, sees that there is no status, so then it checks another link where the new update is waiting. We used to have access to a widget that showed us this status more easily and this was usually what happened, I honestly had forgot about it doing this because we can’t use that widget anymore.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Mine has:

DisplayOTAStatusReport: null
Error: null

no idea what that means.
Null means there is no data to display. Either you've never gotten an OTA, or it's been so long since you got one that the data has aged off Ford's server.
Sponsored