AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I placed my order two weeks ago here in Houston. There has been no activity since - no build date, nothing.
If you just placed your order then you’ll be waiting a while. Most people receiving their MachE’s now ordered in November of 2019.

You may receive a prospective build date but it’s difficult to know when that communication will come considering your vehicle won’t start start down the assembly line for 5-6 months.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I placed my order two weeks ago here in Houston. There has been no activity since - no build date, nothing.
You know many of us reserved a yuear ago, but don't worry now that they are building them it will not take so long. ;)

OP
OP
PrimeFuture

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
My dealership, Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston, told me they're getting two dealer models this week. Hoping to schedule a test drive ASAP even before my Mach-E gets here.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
My build date was 1/19 (pushed from 1/10) but now it's in transit and estimated to arrive between Feb 28th and Mar 6th. I went with Helfman Ford.

machwee

First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Just got word from Ford. Delivery date is sometime between 2/23 - 3/1! Just ordered my Craig's Custom license plate holder too so the dealer doesn't drill holes in the front of my Mach-E. Will definitely post pics once I get the car!
I'd be interested in how well it works and looks. My delivery date is 3/16-23.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You know many of us reserved a yuear ago, but don't worry now that they are building them it will not take so long. ;)
I ordered it the day after I heard of its existance.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you just placed your order then you’ll be waiting a while. Most people receiving their MachE’s now ordered in November of 2019.

You may receive a prospective build date but it’s difficult to know when that communication will come considering your vehicle won’t start start down the assembly line for 5-6 months.
The dealer quoted a 3 month's wait when I ordered it, but I don't know where he got that estimate.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have my order at Planet Ford. I live near Helfman Ford though. I just want to take a test drive one of these days. I don’t expect my car for a few more months.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Just got word from Ford. Delivery date is sometime between 2/23 - 3/1! Just ordered my Craig's Custom license plate holder too so the dealer doesn't drill holes in the front of my Mach-E. Will definitely post pics once I get the car!
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but every delivery so far to "front plate states" has had the front plate holder attached by the factory. I had also ordered a Craig's, but it is looking like our cars will arrive with front plate holders already. If you search the forums, some folks have found "bumper plugs" that are sold to cover the holes in the bumper after removing front plates. HOWEVER, we don't have any reports yet on how the front bracket is attached.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/front-license-plate.1926

Edit: here is a Texan who recently took delivery, front plate holder attached from factory -- https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/jksu’s-premium-std-rwd-shadow-black-black-arrived.3099/post-98733

Last edited:
OP
OP
PrimeFuture

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but every delivery so far to "front plate states" has had the front plate holder attached by the factory.
Well that sucks. I told my dealer long before the car was arriving, so we'll see if they told the factory and got something worked out for me. Not the end of the world if the front license plate holder is drilled in though.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Anyone find a Houston dealer with a demo unit yet?

OP
OP
PrimeFuture

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone find a Houston dealer with a demo unit yet?
Tommie Vaughn Ford in the Heights has a Mach-E but they said Ford isn't allowing test drives in it. So you can go sit in the car, turn it on, play with the touchscreen, all that.

greenwindwill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
Tommie Vaughn Ford in the Heights has a Mach-E but they said Ford isn't allowing test drives in it. So you can go sit in the car, turn it on, play with the touchscreen, all that.
This is not true. I test drove it this past Friday. It’s a fun car! Premium SR AWD white.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
An update for me. I now have a build date of May 24. That's over 5 months from my order date, so the dealers telling people the wait time is 3 weeks need to educate themselves. I ordered mine from AutoNation.

OP
OP
PrimeFuture

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is not true. I test drove it this past Friday. It’s a fun car! Premium SR AWD white.
God damn it! I looked at it the first day they got it and they said Ford wasn't allowing test drives. I guess they are now... Good to know!
Sponsored