greenwindwill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
God damn it! I looked at it the first day they got it and they said Ford wasn't allowing test drives. I guess they are now... Good to know!
They’ve either 1) changed their policy or 2) made an exception for me because they have acknowledged messing up my order. Regardless, can’t see why you wouldn’t be able to test drive it at this point.
Sponsored

greenwindwill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
Oh, and there is talk of being able to take it home for an extended amount of time. I.e. 24 hours. You should push for that!

OP
OP
PrimeFuture

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
They’ve either 1) changed their policy or 2) made an exception for me because they have acknowledged messing up my order. Regardless, can’t see why you wouldn’t be able to test drive it at this point.
I just texted Jason, the salesguy I've been talking to, and he said they were waiting until they got insurance on the car. So I guess they have it now.

What's your delivery date by the way? Mine is 2/22 - 2/28, so I'm eagerly awaiting my Mach-E!

greenwindwill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
I have a build date of 5/24... They messed my order up. I ordered back in September. When did you order?

texfan

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator; Buick Enclave; FE Mach E
Country flag
Just figured it'd be cool to start connecting with other Houstonians who order the Mach-E. Figure once we have our cars it'd be fun to take our cars around town to show them off.
I've got a build date of 1/26/21 for my Premium Carbonized Grey AWD SR. Russell & Smith is my Houston dealer. ETA is showing by 3/7 so could be any day now!

machwee

First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Just got my email! "Complete Purchase"!!! I guess the train has left the station, literally.
The delivery date is no longer shown, I guess the countdown is days now.

texfan

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealership, Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston, told me they're getting two dealer models this week. Hoping to schedule a test drive ASAP even before my Mach-E gets here.
Hmmm...reading about so many deliveries throughout the country. But haven't heard about (nor seen) any deliveries in Houston. What's up with that! My dealer (Russell and Smith) says I'm #2 on their list of "first" car deliveries (1/26 build date). Wonder why it's taking sooo long for deliveries to start around here? Has anyone seen a Mach-e on the streets of Houston yet?

machwee

First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Hmmm...reading about so many deliveries throughout the country. But haven't heard about (nor seen) any deliveries in Houston. What's up with that! My dealer (Russell and Smith) says I'm #2 on their list of "first" car deliveries (1/26 build date). Wonder why it's taking sooo long for deliveries to start around here? Has anyone seen a Mach-e on the streets of Houston yet?
I pickup up my car on Friday at Maxwell Ford (Austin). They said mine was the third delivery.
They had one on the showroom floor that someone didn't take. They weren't letting anyone sit in it or drive it (including staff). I don't know if they had another buyer lined up. They didn't have a dealer model.
My salesman had never sat in one until he got in mine and had never driven one. It wasn't the smoothest handoff. No one knew anything about the car. They gave me printouts of the initial setup instructions.

I got the home charger. I was surprised they had one in stock. Just got it installed last night and haven't used it yet but didn't have any trouble getting it set up and ready to go. I'm trying to get the battery down to around 20% before charging. I did one overnight "leave by" charge with the 240 plug this weekend. We did a couple of day trips this weekend and the battery usage was better than I expected. If you drive in the unbridled mode and push it hard it does suck power but that's expected.

I love, love, love the car. It's super comfortable to drive and it's fast. I'm overwhelmed with the many things I love about it. I'm a nerd and it pushes all my buttons in a good way. I've found some quirks but they are minor and some are probably user errors.
It's going to take a while to learn all the bells and whistles. I've read most of the user manual but it still takes some effort to find where all the options are in the display and how to use them.
The adaptive cruise control is a really interesting experience. You have to hold the steering wheel while it's driving and moving the steering wheel.

texfan

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I pickup up my car on Friday at Maxwell Ford (Austin). They said mine was the third delivery.
They had one on the showroom floor that someone didn't take. They weren't letting anyone sit in it or drive it (including staff). I don't know if they had another buyer lined up. They didn't have a dealer model.
My salesman had never sat in one until he got in mine and had never driven one. It wasn't the smoothest handoff. No one knew anything about the car. They gave me printouts of the initial setup instructions.

I got the home charger. I was surprised they had one in stock. Just got it installed last night and haven't used it yet but didn't have any trouble getting it set up and ready to go. I'm trying to get the battery down to around 20% before charging. I did one overnight "leave by" charge with the 240 plug this weekend. We did a couple of day trips this weekend and the battery usage was better than I expected. If you drive in the unbridled mode and push it hard it does suck power but that's expected.

I love, love, love the car. It's super comfortable to drive and it's fast. I'm overwhelmed with the many things I love about it. I'm a nerd and it pushes all my buttons in a good way. I've found some quirks but they are minor and some are probably user errors.
It's going to take a while to learn all the bells and whistles. I've read most of the user manual but it still takes some effort to find where all the options are in the display and how to use them.
The adaptive cruise control is a really interesting experience. You have to hold the steering wheel while it's driving and moving the steering wheel.
That's awesome news...glad to hear someone in Texas has gotten delivery of their car. Still no sightings in Houston though. What configuration did you order? What was your build date? Did you get the Ford branded charger? Hope my dealer has one of those in stock too....I've got my 60A electrical ready and waiting in my garage!

machwee

First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
That's awesome news...glad to hear someone in Texas has gotten delivery of their car. Still no sightings in Houston though. What configuration did you order? What was your build date? Did you get the Ford branded charger? Hope my dealer has one of those in stock too....I've got my 60A electrical ready and waiting in my garage!
Premium, RWD, STD battery, blue. Ordered in June. Build date was originally 12/26 but got moved out two weeks and the actual completion date was 1/21 (my build date was never updated again, my guess is it was in production during that time).
I did get the ford charger. I wanted specific OTA updates plus hopefully improvements and optimizations. I had my own electrician do the wiring. I got both the 240 plug and the wall wiring. I didn't know how long it would take before the wall charger was ready and "working". If I have charger issues I'll report them here.

texfan

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Premium, RWD, STD battery, blue. Ordered in June. Build date was originally 12/26 but got moved out two weeks and the actual completion date was 1/21 (my build date was never updated again, my guess is it was in production during that time).
I did get the ford charger. I wanted specific OTA updates plus hopefully improvements and optimizations. I had my own electrician do the wiring. I got both the 240 plug and the wall wiring. I didn't know how long it would take before the wall charger was ready and "working". If I have charger issues I'll report them here.
So finally today at lunchtime I'm driving by Helfman Jeep on Kirby...and there sits a Rapid Red FE. Owner was there showing car to Helfman manager....he took delivery on or about Feb 22 (I think). Car looked really nice and the Rapid Red was stunning. I changed my original order from Rapid Red to Carbonized Grey!! Is it too late to change back?

OP
OP
PrimeFuture

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
I just got an email from Ford pushing my delivery date back to 3/12 - 3/18. Then got a second email saying I'm getting an extra 250 kWh of free charging.

texfan

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just got an email from Ford pushing my delivery date back to 3/12 - 3/18. Then got a second email saying I'm getting an extra 250 kWh of free charging.
I heard from my dealer today and confirmed that my car is in transit and due at Houston ramp on 3/7. So maybe early next week I can take delivery! I haven't looked forward to a new car this much since I took European delivery of a '95 911 Cabriolet in Stuttgart. Still need a name though.

Missle Toad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
List your vehicles
Occupation
Rabble rouser
Country flag
I'm up in Kingwood. I'm going to test drive the Mach-E after I drive the VW ID.4. I'll try to decide after that.
Sponsored