Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
That's hardly a new feature nor is it unique to Tesla. My 15-year-old Tacoma does that.
Oops, never tried to imply that it was unique to Tesla. I only have experience with that in my Tesla so I'm just comparing it with a situation I'm familiar with. I'm sure a lot of other models do that, so I was just wondering if Ford implemented it for this specific car.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Hey, it comes with a FRUNK button? :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Other Methods of Entry Into Mach-E : Phone as Key (Paak) and Door Code 20210128_135913 copy
ok that was a very good job with an excellent turnaround time. you get today's Great Post (TM)(R)(C)(XYZ) award. it's like a ticket, but a positive one.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
you could always keep a key fob in the glove compartment in a Faraday bag so you always have it but you have to make the effort to get it out. There's plenty of options on Big River etc. for this.
Now a Faraday bag is something I can speak to, having used one for years. The F-150 crowd uses them when they go hiking, biking etc., and don't want to take the fob with them. They hide the bag & fob in the many hiding places on their F-150, and use the keypad for entry.

I use mine for completely putting the truck to sleep in my garage, by making it think that I left with the fob. You test it by trying to start the truck, it tells you "No fob found".

And they are cheap! I use these, they are the smallest I could find, and they work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Faraday-Ba...546374?hash=item5dc051d2c6:g:Z-MAAOSwUvlgDUo-

I use it

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It may be that there is a place you can hide the fob-in-a-bag well enough that it won't be easily found - the glove compartment doesn't count. :) I don't have my car yet to play around and see.
Put it in the frunk?

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
There's always a choice. I don't let anyone drive any of my cars, no matter what.
Neither do I. Only my wife and I drive our cars and park them, too. I have never needed or will need a valet.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Oops, never tried to imply that it was unique to Tesla. I only have experience with that in my Tesla so I'm just comparing it with a situation I'm familiar with. I'm sure a lot of other models do that, so I was just wondering if Ford implemented it for this specific car.
All Fords with the door key pad will lock by just touching the 7-8 and 9-0 keys simultaneously with two fingertips. The car will soundly lock and flash the parking lights as a confirmation. I do this because it is simple and easier than taking out the fob and pressing the Lock button. It also saves the fob battery. This is a conscient act, so I will always remember that the car is locked.

If you have never done this, visit your Ford dealer and ask permission to test it on one of the demo vehicles. You may like it as much as we preset Ford owners do!

Last edited:

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if I'll be able to pair the 1995 Mustang GT remote I found a few weeks ago to use as a spare fob. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Other Methods of Entry Into Mach-E : Phone as Key (Paak) and Door Code 20210128_135913 copy
e
I expect it to not pair because it may have a different frequency.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I expect it to not pair because it may have a different frequency.
I was being a bit facetious - even if it's the same frequency, I'm sure security has progressed at least a little tiny bit in 26 years as far as fob-to-car communication is concerned. ?

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
I wonder if using the valet key lock-outs access to some function, i.e., reviewing or changing personal info or settings?

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
No, because it takes more work and energy to remove and replace the hubcap on any car. One idea would be modifying the fob with a slide switch to disconnect the cell and prevent the car from detecting it if left inside. Then use the door keypad to lock when leaving, and to unlock when returning.
Sponsored