TDAnthony

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER 4x
Country flag
I know that there has been talk about an OTA update allowing the app to pop the frunk, but I recently saw this on on Ford's website:
"There are a couple of other ways to open the front trunk. Use your vehicle’s entry keypad by entering the factory-set code or your personal code, then press 7-8 within five seconds. You can also use your remote key trunk button by pressing it twice."

Curious if it is presently accurate, a planned feature, or neither. Anyone have additional information on popping the frunk using the keypad or fob?
Sponsored

ocdxfv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Toyota Rav4 EV
Occupation
Retired radiology tech
Country flag
I know that there has been talk about an OTA update allowing the app to pop the frunk, but I recently saw this on on Ford's website:
"There are a couple of other ways to open the front trunk. Use your vehicle’s entry keypad by entering the factory-set code or your personal code, then press 7-8 within five seconds. You can also use your remote key trunk button by pressing it twice."

Curious if it is presently accurate, a planned feature, or neither. Anyone have additional information on popping the frunk using the keypad or fob?
Neither works to open the Frunk on my car.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

No electronic methods are live yet. Lots of talk of this on other threads.

PCJohnD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jdickinson.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Personal code +7-8 trick works. Double clicking Trunk Button does not.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Wouldn’t it be nice if a software update made it so that double-clicking the trunk button opened the frunk? Maybe a suggestion for @Ford Motor Company ? ??

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Wouldn’t it be nice if a software update made it so that double-clicking the trunk button opened the frunk? Maybe a suggestion for @Ford Motor Company ? ??
Seems lame they'd say you can do it in their official documentation and then you can't. Hopefully that is coming, when EVERYONE gets the frunk access?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Seems lame they'd say you can do it in their official documentation and then you can't. Hopefully that is coming, when EVERYONE gets the frunk access?
Well, I have no window or frunk access through FordPass. That’s why making it so the key fob’s button works as a double-click would be so great. ??‍♂?

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
Well, I have no window or frunk access through FordPass. That’s why making it so the key fob’s button works as a double-click would be so great. ??‍♂?
We have the same exact car and yours was built after mine. I have it on the Ford pass and on the screen. Your PAAK must not be set up right. Even if you don't use it it has to be set up to work on the Ford pass app.

PCJohnD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jdickinson.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We have the same exact car and yours was built after mine. I have it on the Ford pass and on the screen. Your PAAK must not be set up right. Even if you don't use it it has to be set up to work on the Ford pass app.
The Ford Pass button works, just not reliably.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Your PAAK must not be set up right
His PaaK is setup correctly. I think the car is in fleet mode and he has a ticket open with Ford. They have to resolve it on their end.

The Ford Pass button works, just not reliably.
Not all builds have a working frunk button in FordPass, only the newer builds.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Nope. I have put so many PaaKs into the app and car that Ford locked me out for a few days. PaaK is working fine to unlock, start, etc. the car. FordPass support has been up and down this with me. i have disconnected the 12V battery several times for a minimum of 10 minutes and performed master and Sync resets. Nothing works. FordPass support has escalated and hasn’t found anything that works yet. Several forum members are of the opinion. That there is a back-end problem. FordPass support isn’t being forthcoming with anything in that direction. ???

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
What update have you got? It doesn't work on mine even after my latest update. I have no idea which it is, which pisses me off.