Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
tl:dr - 1622 miles over six days. Great trip with lots of beautiful scenery. Efficiency all over the place (up and down mountains and hills). Plug-and-Charge worked great. Over 100 degree temps in NorCal, but no overheating issues. Trip home (on a Monday) saw surprisingly busy EA stations. Would definitely do it again...can't wait for more trips! Also, we shot a lot of video, so we'll be putting a couple of videos together soon...er, maybe by Summer's end...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3352s Home Start

So Julie and I finally got our first road trip in or Mach-E over the last weekend in June. We've had a couple of day trips - out and back without needing to charge - but this would be our first really long trip where we needed to plan, etc. So of course we first turned to ABRP to plot out our legs, and would go from there. Our first leg was from Beaverton (PDX suburb) to Bend, OR, where we would stay for a couple of days. Keep in mind ABRP has us programmed as starting with 80% battery and desiring to arrive with at least 15% battery, but I found it funny that it had us stopping for a charge on our first leg, despite the mileage being way under...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland ABRP PDX 2 Bend

But we started with 100% battery, so we didn't have any problems making it to Bend without needing to charge. We actually did make two stops...the first one was at Mt. Hood as Julie had an idea for our 2022 Holiday card, but we needed snow. Timberline Lodge is on the way, so we made a stop there...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3361s Mt Hood

Then we did actually stop in Madras to check out the chargers. They were slower ChargePoint (62.5kw) chargers and only 2 of 4 were available. We just made a note and moved on...

Not sure what our efficiency was. We planned to keep track with the trip meters, but we were also taking notes in a logbook and frankly forgot to reset each drive. Suffice to say we were all over the board depending on which mountain we were going up or down. I'll just say we saw a lot in the 3-3.5 range through Oregon (slower speed limits) and high 2s-low 3s in California (higher speeds and wind).

We got to Bend without issues and had enough charge to tool around the city a bit. We stopped at the last Blockbuster in the world (holy time warp Batman!) and went for an evening hike up Pilot Butte. End of day one we were exhausted...but in a good way.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3132s Blockbuster

The plan for day two was a day trip to the Painted Hills in Mitchell, OR...about 87 miles from Bend. ABRP said no stops needed (good thing, no fast chargers on the route!) and they were right. We charged up in the early AM at the only EA station around...at a Walmart. It was a very positive experience, plug-and-charge worked perfectly, we had a nice chat with an ID.4 owner, and we helped a woman fast charge her Kia Soul EV for the first time (she always charges at home). I didn't get any shots of the Mach-E there, but here are our shiny mugs...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3497s Bend EA Mornin

The drive out (through hills and forests) was as beautiful as they get and the Painted Hills are amazing...highly recommend if you get a chance. If there's a downside its that the roads around the Painted Hills aren't paved, so after a couple of hours of driving around them, the Mach-E was a dirty, dirty girl...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3532s Painted Hills 01

On the way back, we stopped at a "you-spray-it" car wash to get rid of the dust. We had planned to leave pretty early the next day, so we decided to grab some Olive Garden and eat dinner in the car while we charged up again for the next day's travel. Walmart was much busier, and we had our only "failure" when I tried to charge at a station with a broken plug. But we were able to maneuver into another spot before another ID.4 arrived to take it. Plug-and-charge worked perfectly at that one and before long all three working stations were full at around 4:30 PM. After 27 minutes of charging we headed back to the hotel and capped our evening with a walk down to the Deschutes River.

The plan for day three was to drive from Bend, OR to my brother and sister-in-law's house in Copperopolis, CA. So of course we had that leg plotted out on ABRP...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland ABRP Bend 2 Copper

For sure we knew we'd need to stop in Klamath Falls, OR...but from there we thought we might be able to stretch some of the other stops. ABRP wanted us to only charge so much in Klamath Falls because a) the chargers are slow (more 62.5kw ChargePoint chargers) and b) they charge ($) by the minute instead of the kWh. But since we got up early and left without breakfast, by the time we got to Klamath Falls we were ready to eat. So we took our time and found a neat cafe downtown and brought it back to the car to eat. We decided to just relax and let the car charge to 80%...a 47 minute session! ..made worse by the fact that when we got there I couldn't get the ChargePoint app to work, so after a few minutes of fumbling around with that, I just used my credit card to pay. But really, since we weren't in a hurry, the time flew by and, surprisingly it was the cheapest session of the trip! ..well, besides the free ones, as we still had some of our free kWh from Ford. :p

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3607s Klamath Falls 02

Since we charged there to 80%, we didn't have to stop at the ChargePoint suggested by ABRP north of Shasta, and instead made it all the way to Anderson, CA...south of Redding. And holy hell was it hot there! But the stations were empty, so we pulled in and got plugged in. Plug-and-charge worked perfectly. While doing that a woman in a Kona EV pulled up and was trying to make a charger work. We didn't think much of it, so we made our way into the store for refreshments, etc. But while Julie was in a Starbucks line, I checked the Ford app for an update, and it said something to the effect of "charge connection failure", so I headed back out to the car. It turns out this woman couldn't figure out any of the chargers...and she tried them all, including the other plug from ours! Well of course this stopped our charge session...very frustrating, but all I had to do was unplug and plug in again and plug-and-charge worked perfectly. Again. I didn't get a picture of this woman, but she will be in the video...stay tuned for that.

So once again ABRP suggested we stop just before Sacramento, but after doing our own math we thought we could make it to Stockton...and we did...with 14% of battery left! It's a lot easier to run it down that low when you're in an area highly populated by DC fast chargers. But also the Stockton Walmart had 8 EA stations, where most other stops had only 4, so we felt confident this one wouldn't be a failure. But once again it was super hot (over 100 degrees) and our flaps were open and the car's fans were blowing like crazy trying to keep it cool. Because of this we decided not to charge to 80% like everywhere else and instead give us just enough charge (with a little comfort buffer) to make it to my brother's house. By this point in the trip, we were feeling pretty confident on the Mach-E's capabilities and trusting the range. And once again we were not disappointed as we got there no problem. My brother has solar panels and two Tesla Power Walls...so plenty of electricity and we were able to charge up while there...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3657s GT Home

My brother and his wife are Tesla M3 owners, but they really liked the MME. I chauffeured everyone around the next day (Saturday), while we took the Tesla up to Bear Valley for a hike around Alpine Lake on Sunday and the MME charged up for the trip home Monday. A couple of beautiful days with family, despite the heat!

Monday arrived and we got up very early to get a start on what would be along day of driving...about twelve hours in all. This is a bit longer than I like to travel in a day, but we had to do it. So once again we turned to ABRP for suggested stops...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland ABRP Copper 2 PDX

...but once again ABRP has us leaving with 80%, and we charged to 95% at my brother's, so we planned to stop in Willows, CA first...quite a bit further than ABRP suggested. As it turns out, we were able to make it even further, all the way up to Anderson, CA where we stopped on the way down. We felt we knew this station, so even thought we had to run the battery down to 13% this time, we felt confident we'd be okay. When we pulled up, there was another Rapid Red MME charging, and a third Rapid Red MME parked just a few spots away! So we pulled in and plugged in, and as expected plug-and-charge worked perfectly again. We said hello to the other MME owners, and as we were chatting a Leaf pulled up for the Chademo station, then shortly after a Rivian R1T pulled up. It was then that I realized I was parked at one of the 350kw stations...oops! Oh well, I'll be more conscious of that next time. But suddenly all the stations were full. Then five minutes before leaving an Ioniq 5 showed up and had to wait for a charge. Oy! ..is this our future?!?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3752s Anderson Safeway 02 full stations

The rest of the trip home we did actually follow ABRP's suggestions, stopping in Yreka, CA and Southerlin, OR before making it home. But we were able to eliminate that one early stop, so we had that going for us. Interestingly, the family in the Rivian R1T were also going the same way, and we saw them at the next two stations. At Yreka, I left the 350kw station open, but they didn't charge any faster than we did...not sure if the station was bad or if they just don't have a great charge curve? Either way, we arrived almost the same time, but Julie and I left a few minutes before them...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3764s Yreka

Our last stop was another EA station, but not at a Walmart! Can you believe there's an EA station at a Dairy Queen?!? Once again, we arrived a few minutes before the Rivian family, but left them a 350kw station (even though we took one ourselves...not on purpose, it's just those are the ones that are easiest for us to pull into). Despite the heat we were not craving ice cream, but instead wanted something more substantial...burgers and dogs...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland IMG_3813s DQ

After 27 minutes of charging we took off for our last leg of the journey...and it felt like the longest. The MME is a very comfortable cruiser, but as I mentioned above I'm just not good for a journey that long. We did use BlueCruise a bit, which helped, and for sure the adaptive cruise was a big help all week. But 670 miles in one day is just over my limit of "comfortable".

But the MME was terrific all the time. I won't say it was a stress free trip...I was a little concerned with the heat and the potential for this "stop safely now" thing that's happening with some folks. But with every mile we got more confident and were able to just relax and enjoy the drive. We certainly learned a lot and look forward to our next trips!

FWIW we shot a lot of video and I'll be making some videos over the coming weeks. If you're interested just search "The Mach-E Files" on YouTube...I've got four "episodes" up already.

And I'm sure I've forgotten things I wanted to include in this write-up, so if you have any questions just fire away!

Cheers!

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
FYI here's a spreadsheet of our charges and some other data. It's missing some data points...what can I say, we were just enjoying our time more than keeping track of everything! But it might be interesting to some....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 12.18.08 PM copy

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
They're coming, I promise! ..it'll just be a bit...hopefully before summer's end. I can't decide if I want to do a "First Road Trip" video or "Charging" video first...

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
tl:dr - 1622 miles over six days. Great trip with lots of beautiful scenery. Efficiency all over the place (up and down mountains and hills). Plug-and-Charge worked great. Over 100 degree temps in NorCal, but no overheating issues. Trip home (on a Monday) saw surprisingly busy EA stations. Would definitely do it again...can't wait for more trips! Also, we shot a lot of video, so we'll be putting a couple of videos together soon...er, maybe by Summer's end...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our First Road Trip - Portland to Bend to NorCal to Portland Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 12.18.08 PM copy

So Julie and I finally got our first road trip in or Mach-E over the last weekend in June. We've had a couple of day trips - out and back without needing to charge - but this would be our first really long trip where we needed to plan, etc. So of course we first turned to ABRP to plot out our legs, and would go from there. Our first leg was from Beaverton (PDX suburb) to Bend, OR, where we would stay for a couple of days. Keep in mind ABRP has us programmed as starting with 80% battery and desiring to arrive with at least 15% battery, but I found it funny that it had us stopping for a charge on our first leg, despite the mileage being way under...

But we started with 100% battery, so we didn't have any problems making it to Bend without needing to charge. We actually did make two stops...the first one was at Mt. Hood as Julie had an idea for our 2022 Holiday card, but we needed snow. Timberline Lodge is on the way, so we made a stop there...

Then we did actually stop in Madras to check out the chargers. They were slower ChargePoint (62.5kw) chargers and only 2 of 4 were available. We just made a note and moved on...

Not sure what our efficiency was. We planned to keep track with the trip meters, but we were also taking notes in a logbook and frankly forgot to reset each drive. Suffice to say we were all over the board depending on which mountain we were going up or down. I'll just say we saw a lot in the 3-3.5 range through Oregon (slower speed limits) and high 2s-low 3s in California (higher speeds and wind).

We got to Bend without issues and had enough charge to tool around the city a bit. We stopped at the last Blockbuster in the world (holy time warp Batman!) and went for an evening hike up Pilot Butte. End of day one we were exhausted...but in a good way.

The plan for day two was a day trip to the Painted Hills in Mitchell, OR...about 87 miles from Bend. ABRP said no stops needed (good thing, no fast chargers on the route!) and they were right. We charged up in the early AM at the only EA station around...at a Walmart. It was a very positive experience, plug-and-charge worked perfectly, we had a nice chat with an ID.4 owner, and we helped a woman fast charge her Kia Soul EV for the first time (she always charges at home). I didn't get any shots of the Mach-E there, but here are our shiny mugs...

The drive out (through hills and forests) was as beautiful as they get and the Painted Hills are amazing...highly recommend if you get a chance. If there's a downside its that the roads around the Painted Hills aren't paved, so after a couple of hours of driving around them, the Mach-E was a dirty, dirty girl...

On the way back, we stopped at a "you-spray-it" car wash to get rid of the dust. We had planned to leave pretty early the next day, so we decided to grab some Olive Garden and eat dinner in the car while we charged up again for the next day's travel. Walmart was much busier, and we had our only "failure" when I tried to charge at a station with a broken plug. But we were able to maneuver into another spot before another ID.4 arrived to take it. Plug-and-charge worked perfectly at that one and before long all three working stations were full at around 4:30 PM. After 27 minutes of charging we headed back to the hotel and capped our evening with a walk down to the Deschutes River.

The plan for day three was to drive from Bend, OR to my brother and sister-in-law's house in Copperopolis, CA. So of course we had that leg plotted out on ABRP...

For sure we knew we'd need to stop in Klamath Falls, OR...but from there we thought we might be able to stretch some of the other stops. ABRP wanted us to only charge so much in Klamath Falls because a) the chargers are slow (more 62.5kw ChargePoint chargers) and b) they charge ($) by the minute instead of the kWh. But since we got up early and left without breakfast, by the time we got to Klamath Falls we were ready to eat. So we took our time and found a neat cafe downtown and brought it back to the car to eat. We decided to just relax and let the car charge to 80%...a 47 minute session! ..made worse by the fact that when we got there I couldn't get the ChargePoint app to work, so after a few minutes of fumbling around with that, I just used my credit card to pay. But really, since we weren't in a hurry, the time flew by and, surprisingly it was the cheapest session of the trip! ..well, besides the free ones, as we still had some of our free kWh from Ford. :p

Since we charged there to 80%, we didn't have to stop at the ChargePoint suggested by ABRP north of Shasta, and instead made it all the way to Anderson, CA...south of Redding. And holy hell was it hot there! But the stations were empty, so we pulled in and got plugged in. Plug-and-charge worked perfectly. While doing that a woman in a Kona EV pulled up and was trying to make a charger work. We didn't think much of it, so we made our way into the store for refreshments, etc. But while Julie was in a Starbucks line, I checked the Ford app for an update, and it said something to the effect of "charge connection failure", so I headed back out to the car. It turns out this woman couldn't figure out any of the chargers...and she tried them all, including the other plug from ours! Well of course this stopped our charge session...very frustrating, but all I had to do was unplug and plug in again and plug-and-charge worked perfectly. Again. I didn't get a picture of this woman, but she will be in the video...stay tuned for that.

So once again ABRP suggested we stop just before Sacramento, but after doing our own math we thought we could make it to Stockton...and we did...with 14% of battery left! It's a lot easier to run it down that low when you're in an area highly populated by DC fast chargers. But also the Stockton Walmart had 8 EA stations, where most other stops had only 4, so we felt confident this one wouldn't be a failure. But once again it was super hot (over 100 degrees) and our flaps were open and the car's fans were blowing like crazy trying to keep it cool. Because of this we decided not to charge to 80% like everywhere else and instead give us just enough charge (with a little comfort buffer) to make it to my brother's house. By this point in the trip, we were feeling pretty confident on the Mach-E's capabilities and trusting the range. And once again we were not disappointed as we got there no problem. My brother has solar panels and two Tesla Power Walls...so plenty of electricity and we were able to charge up while there...

My brother and his wife are Tesla M3 owners, but they really liked the MME. I chauffeured everyone around the next day (Saturday), while we took the Tesla up to Bear Valley for a hike around Alpine Lake on Sunday and the MME charged up for the trip home Monday. A couple of beautiful days with family, despite the heat!

Monday arrived and we got up very early to get a start on what would be along day of driving...about twelve hours in all. This is a bit longer than I like to travel in a day, but we had to do it. So once again we turned to ABRP for suggested stops...

...but once again ABRP has us leaving with 80%, and we charged to 95% at my brother's, so we planned to stop in Willows, CA first...quite a bit further than ABRP suggested. As it turns out, we were able to make it even further, all the way up to Anderson, CA where we stopped on the way down. We felt we knew this station, so even thought we had to run the battery down to 13% this time, we felt confident we'd be okay. When we pulled up, there was another Rapid Red MME charging, and a third Rapid Red MME parked just a few spots away! So we pulled in and plugged in, and as expected plug-and-charge worked perfectly again. We said hello to the other MME owners, and as we were chatting a Leaf pulled up for the Chademo station, then shortly after a Rivian R1T pulled up. It was then that I realized I was parked at one of the 350kw stations...oops! Oh well, I'll be more conscious of that next time. But suddenly all the stations were full. Then five minutes before leaving an Ioniq 5 showed up and had to wait for a charge. Oy! ..is this our future?!?

The rest of the trip home we did actually follow ABRP's suggestions, stopping in Yreka, CA and Southerlin, OR before making it home. But we were able to eliminate that one early stop, so we had that going for us. Interestingly, the family in the Rivian R1T were also going the same way, and we saw them at the next two stations. At Yreka, I left the 350kw station open, but they didn't charge any faster than we did...not sure if the station was bad or if they just don't have a great charge curve? Either way, we arrived almost the same time, but Julie and I left a few minutes before them...

Our last stop was another EA station, but not at a Walmart! Can you believe there's an EA station at a Dairy Queen?!? Once again, we arrived a few minutes before the Rivian family, but left them a 350kw station (even though we took one ourselves...not on purpose, it's just those are the ones that are easiest for us to pull into). Despite the heat we were not craving ice cream, but instead wanted something more substantial...burgers and dogs...

After 27 minutes of charging we took off for our last leg of the journey...and it felt like the longest. The MME is a very comfortable cruiser, but as I mentioned above I'm just not good for a journey that long. We did use BlueCruise a bit, which helped, and for sure the adaptive cruise was a big help all week. But 670 miles in one day is just over my limit of "comfortable".

But the MME was terrific all the time. I won't say it was a stress free trip...I was a little concerned with the heat and the potential for this "stop safely now" thing that's happening with some folks. But with every mile we got more confident and were able to just relax and enjoy the drive. We certainly learned a lot and look forward to our next trips!

FWIW we shot a lot of video and I'll be making some videos over the coming weeks. If you're interested just search "The Mach-E Files" on YouTube...I've got four "episodes" up already.

And I'm sure I've forgotten things I wanted to include in this write-up, so if you have any questions just fire away!

Cheers!
Wow, awesome road trip and write up! Thank you for the vicarious experience. I've yet to take a gotta-charge-along-the-way roadtrip yet, so your report is great to read. And while I've not actually used ABRP on a trip, I've poked around it quite a bit and I know you can get your planned departure charge level, so that, along with all the other adjustments you can make with the app, should be helpful for a more finely tuned trip plan.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Nice update. Your photos really have me missing my red one.

Cheers!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Wow, awesome road trip and write up! Thank you for the vicarious experience. I've yet to take a gotta-charge-along-the-way roadtrip yet, so your report is great to read. And while I've not actually used ABRP on a trip, I've poked around it quite a bit and I know you can get your planned departure charge level, so that, along with all the other adjustments you can make with the app, should be helpful for a more finely tuned trip plan.
Thanks, we had a great time and it was really a beautiful drive. Other than the whole "stop safely now" recall business going on right now, after our drive I wouldn't hesitate to take another. For sure ABRP is a great tool...heck I play around on that all the time...as in, "I wonder how we would get to Vancouver?" ..or.. "I wonder how we'd get to Banff?" ..or.. "I wonder how we'd get back to Indiana?"
:p

Nice update. Your photos really have me missing my red one.
Thanks, we're so glad we went with red. It's a great looking vehicle in all colors and shades, but we're really into cars with color these days.

Nice write-up! Thanks for sharing! 😊🐩

I charged at many of the same stations at the beginning of May. Loved the DQ station, since it was right at lunch time on the way south and they had outside seating so I could have my new dog with me. My trip is here if you’re interested: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/gt-pe-bay-area-to-washington-and-back.17557/ 😊🐩
I saw your write-up, nicely done! And yeah, we love the DQ stop! ..weirdly it was too hot for ice cream, if you can believe it. But we were definitely happy they had "real food". I forgot to check to see if they have breakfast, as that will be our first (morning) stop going from home to Copperopolis and we'd be there too early for lunch.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
For sure ABRP is a great tool...heck I play around on that all the time...as in, "I wonder how we would get to Vancouver?" ..or.. "I wonder how we'd get to Banff?" ..or.. "I wonder how we'd get back to Indiana?"
:p
Oh I've been known to check out just how many charging stops I'd need were I to decide to drive back to the apartment in NYC where we lived in the 80's... (Answer: a lot!) Also tried to recreate my 1978 11,000 mile five week New Mexico to Alaska and back road trip but ABRP couldn't quiiiiite do that one! 🤣

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I saw your write-up, nicely done! And yeah, we love the DQ stop! ..weirdly it was too hot for ice cream, if you can believe it. But we were definitely happy they had "real food". I forgot to check to see if they have breakfast, as that will be our first (morning) stop going from home to Copperopolis and we'd be there too early for lunch.
Not sure if DQ has breakfast. Bummer if they don’t, since that would schedule out great for you.. coming down from WA, it was perfect for us to stop for lunch. If they don’t, there is a BK on the other side of the freeway. Less convenient for charging, though. 😕🐩

LUV_RED

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E ER RWD, 2018 Volt
Country flag
Nice write up!
Can't wait until I get my Mach-E to take nice drives like that.

FYI, ABRP allows you to change the battery percentage if you know you will start the route above 80%.

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Not sure if DQ has breakfast. Bummer if they don’t, since that would schedule out great for you.. coming down from WA, it was perfect for us to stop for lunch. If they don’t, there is a BK on the other side of the freeway. Less convenient for charging, though. 😕🐩
We're getting pretty adept at getting food before hitting a charging station...e.g. grab some BK on the way in and then hit the charging station. We just have to remember to double check who's open on the way in!

FYI, ABRP allows you to change the battery percentage if you know you will start the route above 80%.
Yep, we play around with that, too. But we just settled on 80% max and 15% min as that's the range we want to stay in. Plus we haven't received our charging update that raises the charge speed above 80%...ours still drops like a rock to 11-12 kw!

Jim In Yakima

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired publisher

Cheers!
Enjoyed this review! Good writer. We drove some of this route going from our home near Mount Rainier to Ashland for the plays. Also used the Dairy Queen stop. Ashland has a number of free 240v chargers, so that was a great bonus in a wonderful town.

OP
OP
Doug&Julie

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
So I had a very busy July and early August for work, but I finally got this put together. If you've got a spare 36 minutes, check it out!

Note: our kWh total at the end isn't accurate...at one station we used (Klamath Falls), we missed the total kWh output....sorry. The rest of the numbers are accurate, though...

Sponsored