Our "Valentine" was delivered yesterday

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Rapid Red FE, so named after the day. Not sophisticated car-wise, never having driven a Tesla, for instance. Based in Los Angeles, CA.

Dealer experience was ok, the guys were very

AH FIGURED OUT HOW TO EDIT THIS SO HERE IS THE STORY:

Rapid Red FE, so named after the day. Not sophisticated car-wise, never having driven a Tesla, for instance. Based in Los Angeles, CA.

Sorry guys, first I dropped my phone and somehow the thread got commited, then I had to run. But to continue the story...

First look, the car is IMPRESSIVE. Nice lines, great color, solid interior. Tried to go thru ChasingCoral's checklist, but my patience ran out after the second or third bullet. The dealer guys were enthusiastic, but like us all, they were doing all this for the first time. Both the salesguy Joseph and the finance guy knew a lot about the car. I checked and the car had 21 miles on it. Hmm....

I opted for Ford Options for four years, thinking that's about as long as I would hold this car in case someone else came up with a game changer EV. Else I could always take the "own" option and pay Ford off for the "residual". I was somewhat taken aback when I found out that Ford would charge their 2.4% on the ENTIRE car price, not just on the difference with the residual. But I wrote that off to my own ignorance, considering they did not give me any hassles on price, X-plan, deposit, etc.

Joseph had me download FordPass (I had it before, but given the advice in this forum, uninstalled it) and configured it for me. Other than the ratty reception from my provider ATT, FordPass worked fine. He set up Paak and it has worked really well for me so far (day 2). Car turns on on approach, locks when I leave, just as promised. Joseph also walked me through the console and car settings to the point where I was overwhelmed.

Beautiful car with sexy (!) curvy lines to pull the eye in. Exterior presents SO much better than the pictures. Inside, this thing is ROOMY. When Ford said SUV, they really meant it. Coming from a Camry and Landcruiser, I could feel that this car is somewhere in between. So many jeejaws, I just gave up on trying to get it all in. Someone with a sense of car designed the interior, with everything in reach of the driver in a non-intrusive way. So loved that.

Started the thing up and man, that one-pedal driving took a bit of getting used to. I tooled around the parking lot a bit, then drove around the block. Slowly I started losing that instinctive going-to-the-brake pedal for stopping. Soon I was driving, and then (I must confess) flying on the road. Went up the hills of Palos Verdes in full accelerator: boy, this pony can pull! Took the curves like the Mustang she is. Mind you, this is a heavy car and I could feel the weight just like my Landcruiser. But where I had to slow down to navigate curves on the Cruiser, I just gave Valentine her head. And that turned quite a few heads too! At one stop light, lady waved down my window to tell me "with that color, hope you got lots of money for tickets". Now where was she when I was young?

So overall, this is a true SUV, but also a true Mustang. I have not encountered any of the issues others talk about here, perhaps because it's only been a day, perhaps because this is California. I end with the obligatory picture, please forgive the old guy standing next to the young pony. My excuse is my dog was sick so no time to change or comb my hair.

mustang-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

?

Reactions: UW2

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

I think they got him before he could finish!

OP
OP

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

(3rd try)
Revised story upthread, apologies

Last edited: