jeng

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I took my Mach-E into Ourisman Ford of Alexandra fix an issue with the speakers no longer functioning on Monday (10/04) morning. I dropped of the car, and the service agent give me his direct phone number to call for status updates. He also warned me that it might not be until the next day until a tech would begin diagnosing the issue. In the back of my mind I was sightly concerned, since why did they agree to the appointment if there was a good chance that I won't be worked on until Tuesday. It is also worth noting that in the past service appointments with this dealership it was quite hard to get a hold of service reps over the phone. I have complained about the issue in the customer satisfaction surveys that were sent to me. So getting a direct phone number to the service agent seemed like a step in the positive direction.

The next day, Tuesday, at around 1:30 p.m. I called that direct phone number to get a status update for my Mach-E. I got to the guys voice mail, and I left a message to call me back with an update. At around 3:00 p.m. I didn't receive any calls from the Ourisman Service rep. I called again and got to the guys voice mail again. I preceded to call him five more times through out the remainder of the day, and they all went to voice mail. During one of the last two calls I left my second voice mail message to please call me back with a status update. Oh I also called the Service Department number in between those five calls, I just got someone else's voice mail box.

On the second day, today, I didn't receive any call back. So around 11:00 a.m. I called the service rep again, and you guessed it, I got sent to his voice mail. I called nine more times through out today. Alternating between calling the Service department and the service rep. I got sent to voice mail ALL NINE TIMES. Three of those calls where to the Service Department Manager. I finally went down to the dealership physically to finally get the status of my Mach-E. Guess what. There was no status on my Mach-E. They couldn't find any record of anything done during its two or three day stay there. That was it. I asked for my Mach-E back, and booked an appointment with another dealership. What an astronomically waist of time that was. I have already called Ford, and filed a formal complaint against the dealership. I cannot believe how terribly the Ourisman Ford's Service Department screwed up. They obviously don't care any more, or have too much people to service. Well if that is true, then I will help them out by no longer going there for service and for sales. I think you should do the same.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: Nav

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Josh! You got your car! I remember some DMs during the days leading up to purchase. Feels like so long ago. But wow, what a terrible experience, sorry that you went through that. Thank you for posting about this though. I have been debating on if I'll go to Sheehy in Springfield where I bought from, or Ted Britt in Ffx. Stories like this and many others here have me hesitant about going in for any TSBs, recalls, service. Might just wait till something is truly broken and can't live with.

I called nine more times through out today. Alternating between calling the Service department and the service rep. I got sent to voice mail ALL NINE TIMES.
This is horrible of them. I was just thinking as I read through that I hope he didn't end up having to physically go in. Sure enough. Then.... shocked ?

davepdc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2021 Premium AWD
Country flag
I cannot believe how terribly the Ourisman Ford's Service Department screwed up. They obviously don't care any more, or have too much people to service. Well if that is true, then I will help them out by no longer going there for service and for sales. I think you should do the same.
Hey Josh! I know this is an old thread but did you ever find a dealership you'd recommend for service? I want to eventually take care of these recalls but really haven't found any dealerships in NoVA with particularly good reviews, so looking for any suggestions. Appreciate it!

OP
OP
jeng

jeng

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I was able to settle with Sheehy Ford in Springfield. The staff there is more friendly and responsive. They also have a system where all of the service communication is done through texting after the car is dropped off. It is also a larger dealership than Ourisman. So if you’re dropping off a car with a second following to bring you back home. There are plenty of empty parking spaces for that second car to park and wait for you.

I have found scheduling the recall repair to reseal the front windshield and glass roof more difficult than usual. Since the work needs to be contracted out to a auto glass company. Basically the dealership needs to call the glass company get their availability for that week, then call you back to finalize the scheduling. This is further complicated by the fact that both Sheehy and Ourisman have centralized call centers to handle their usual appointments for service, and the call to the auto glass company is usually skipped. So you will show up to just be told that they need to setup an appointment with an auto glass company, even though you have mentioned that very fact when you first scheduled the appointment. Even when the dealership gets an appointment scheduled with the auto glass company, there was at least two times where I had showed up just to learn that the auto glass company had canceled at the last minute.

So to successfully schedule this glass repair, I had to call the service department directly, and skipping the option to schedule a service appointment. Once connected with someone at the Service department, then let them know that you are calling to schedule an appointment for that glass recall repair. They will take down your contact information, and call you back once they have contacted the auto glass company. When I did this with Sheehy, they were able to text me back once they were ready to schedule the appointment. Then before you depart to drop off the car, call the Service department once again to confirm that the auto glass company hasn’t canceled at the last minute. It took about two days until Sheehy texted me that the repairs were done. I have found that the repair work was flawless. So none of the horror stories that I have seen in this forum, if you ignore the difficult process in scheduling the work.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
+1 for Sheehy Springfield. They successfully applied the TSB to fix my stuck 1.7.1 OTA, brought me up to 2.3.0, and in doing so all remaining modules from 21P22 were also updated. They had my car all week, but got it done - and I got daily afternoon updates from my advisor. I may go back there for other items, and the axle noise which remains unresolved by another dealer (see below).

-100 for Ted Britt in Fairfax. Horrible communication. No response to Voicemail, text, or emails. It once took three days and multiple attempts for response. No acknowledgement. Was told at least a few times, OH that text never popped up on my computer for some reason. Car not fixed. At one point they had my car for a month. Was told it was ready and fixed now, came to pick it up... NOPE. Wasted so much of my life at that place. Been two months now, waiting on a back ordered half shaft still. Not a single peep from them. Emailed them twice to check in too. Will start over at Sheehy for this issue.

I have heard decent thinks about Koons in Falls Church, but the jury is still out. Need to check in with @dml105 on that.
Sponsored