Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
They are prescription and I went with the dark grey polarized lenses.
I think I have a similar pair somewhere! I'm going to have to test that out!
Sponsored

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I think I have a similar pair somewhere! I'm going to have to test that out!
I think the color is black even through you can still see through them. I am getting a new prescription soon, so I may go with a lighter grey polarized prescription. I would be interested if anyone has problems with dark sunglasses and BlueCruise.

Reactions: Liv

andyrross

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD
Country flag
And finally, here is our return trip from Vegas to Denver!
The race turned out to be a fantastic learning experience and we really put it to good use on the return, while still doing our typical chill, road trip style.
We had a fantastic time meeting up with a bunch of other Mach-E owners in Vegas too!
I really enjoyed this group of videos. I'm still waiting for my Mach-E so I have to live virtually thru everyone else's experiences. I wasn't sold on the benefits of Blue Cruise, but after listening to Patrick, my mind is changing and looking forward to trying it myself.
I also liked showing the cross traffic alert working. My wife's Audi has that and it has saved my tail a few times.
I enjoyed hearing the charging strategies on your trip back to Denver.
Thanks for the videos and keep them up

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I really enjoyed this group of videos. I'm still waiting for my Mach-E so I have to live virtually thru everyone else's experiences. I wasn't sold on the benefits of Blue Cruise, but after listening to Patrick, my mind is changing and looking forward to trying it myself.
I also liked showing the cross traffic alert working. My wife's Audi has that and it has saved my tail a few times.
I enjoyed hearing the charging strategies on your trip back to Denver.
Thanks for the videos and keep them up
i thought BlueCruise was just a gimmick and not find it useful. I’ve completely changed my mind and now find it annoying whenever I have to use regular copilot 360.

I make fun of my Tesla buddies because they have to torque their steering wheels even if they paid thousands for FSD while I’m already living the dream of handsfree driving.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
I think the color is black even through you can still see through them. I am getting a new prescription soon, so I may go with a lighter grey polarized prescription. I would be interested if anyone has problems with dark sunglasses and BlueCruise.
I have black polarized prescription sunglasses and don't have any problems.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
@Mach-E VLOG @Liv after I watched your recent video on the road trip back from Vegas, it seemed like it may have been faster than the trip to Vegas due to better route optimization, charging, etc.

Did you capture stats on timing for the route back to compare with the trip to Vegas?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Our time on the way back was only slightly shorter, but our drive was about 80 miles shorter since we didn't go back to Ft. Collins but instead went home to Denver.

On the way to Vegas, we had a couple of minor hiccups activating charging and got distracted a couple of times.

On the way home, we were hindered by quite heavy traffic for the first couple hundred miles and then twice we went a few percentage above 80% (slower charging). I also drove at 80 instead of 85 for most of the way on I-70 in Utah on the way home. And we didn't start in Vegas with a full charge. I only counted the time from when we left the charger in Vegas, but we left at 80% instead of 100% like we did in Ft. Collins.

To Vegas:
803 miles in 14 hrs & 11 min.

To Denver:
717 miles in 14 hrs & 4 min.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
On the way home I tried BlueCruise again using my regular glasses. I tried a similar technique as @Mach-E VLOG of resting one hand on the steering wheel, but letting the car do the steering. This is better than keeping my hands in my lap. I watched the road, but still got the warning popup once, and later on the two warning popups together that looked more serious. I suspect I was getting the warnings due to how I was sitting. I adjusted the seat and made it more straight. This seemed to help. I wonder if the frames were messing things up.

On another stretch of road for about the same distance, I tried BlueCruise with my dark sunglasses and it also worked! No warnings, although it had me take over briefly on a curve. Having my hand resting on the wheel allowed me to take over quickly.

I will try BlueCruise again on my next long road trip, but I like it better already. Thanks again for the videos and comments.
Sponsored