Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Our video is finally released with lots more focus on the Mach-E!

Last edited:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Our video is finally released with lots more focus on the Mach-E!
thanks for taking the time to film and edit these videos! It’s a real hoot to watch.

It seems like the Mach-E’s big battery and initial big range compared to the Taycan and Ioniq 5 are good advantages to have out of the gate and keeps the 4X competitive into the third charging stop.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
They are fun to put together but they just take a long time. This one was a bit harder because we had lots of extra footage that we provided to Out of Spec for their video. We're still planning on having Part 2 out tomorrow and Liv is working on the return trip video for later in the week.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Part 2 debuting right now:

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for posting your own two part video.

It seems like someone who has driven an EV on the route several times has an advantage. An east coast route new to all would be an interesting challenge.

ABRP should improve as they get telemetry feedback from Mach-E owners. I find the reference numbers for the Mach-E are too low. I tend to use 3.5 or 3.7 for my RWD ER. It would be interesting to see the difference between AWD and RWD on the route.

I do think my trip odometers are broken it seems I always get 3.7 miles per kW displayed on Trip 1 and Trip 2.

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
And finally, here is our return trip from Vegas to Denver!
The race turned out to be a fantastic learning experience and we really put it to good use on the return, while still doing our typical chill, road trip style.
We had a fantastic time meeting up with a bunch of other Mach-E owners in Vegas too!

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
The last video is more like a typical road trip video. Some great comments and observations about the trip, the car, and the charging. I also like the cross-traffic alert. The 360 degree view is neat. I mainly used adaptive cruise on my last road trip. I have BlueCruise, but it does not like the sunglasses I use for driving.

I had a guy in a Kia Niro EV ask at a charging stop if the 350kW charger is better. Since I borrowed a Kia Niro EV before buying a MME, I said no. The Niro EV will not even break 90kW when charging.

Reactions: Liv

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Good stuff guys! FWIW I sometimes watch some of the Korean YouTube channels (I may or may not have a crush on Mari Cho...don't tell Julie) and they already have the GV70 electric and have done reviews...I'm surprised the one you saw was in camouflage as well?

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Metallic Premium Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
Thanks for posting your own two part video.

It seems like someone who has driven an EV on the route several times has an advantage. An east coast route new to all would be an interesting challenge.

ABRP should improve as they get telemetry feedback from Mach-E owners. I find the reference numbers for the Mach-E are too low. I tend to use 3.5 or 3.7 for my RWD ER. It would be interesting to see the difference between AWD and RWD on the route.

I do think my trip odometers are broken it seems I always get 3.7 miles per kW displayed on Trip 1 and Trip 2.
Your trip 1 and Trip 2 are generally longer trips so it takes more to move them. If you look at your
present trip, it is only the miles you are presently driving, so more movement. If you don't reset your
Trip 1 / Trip 2, then they are hundreds or thousands of miles. Same as on an ICE. You might always
reset trip 1, but seldom Trip 2. You are getting 35 mpg on Trip 1 and 33 on trip 2. Someone pulls up
next to you and you race. Trip 1 drops down to 22 mpg while trip 2 doesn't move at all. My Trip 1
has close to 12,000 miles, never reset since picking up the car. Trip 2 has a few less, but has never
been reset since the trip home to Vegas from Austin. The Lifetime is 5.6 M/KW. My usual driving
runs between 5.2 and 7.8 for a trip. I hypermile everywhere and seldom use freeway or climate
control. Summer coming in Vegas, so climate control will probably change.

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
The last video is more like a typical road trip video. Some great comments and observations about the trip, the car, and the charging. I also like the cross-traffic alert. The 360 degree view is neat. I mainly used adaptive cruise on my last road trip. I have BlueCruise, but it does not like the sunglasses I use for driving.

I had a guy in a Kia Niro EV ask at a charging stop if the 350kW charger is better. Since I borrowed a Kia Niro EV before buying a MME, I said no. The Niro EV will not even break 90kW when charging.
Would you mind sharing what kind of sunglasses you wear? I'm super intrigued now!

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
Good stuff guys! FWIW I sometimes watch some of the Korean YouTube channels (I may or may not have a crush on Mari Cho...don't tell Julie) and they already have the GV70 electric and have done reviews...I'm surprised the one you saw was in camouflage as well?
Ya Patrick mentioned that too! It's odd. Maybe they were just too lazy to unwrap it hahah