Cirtap

First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach-e
Country flag
Is it just me who thinks it's odd ford is so far behind in updating both car and the app in Europe, it feels like you do not really care about Europe customers.
Sponsored

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Guess there are differences that have to be programmed in for different regions. UK has different legal requirements than the EU. Plus there is the translation (which is actually very easy to implement).
I suppose they are releasing the car in China (requires another app version).
Lastly, the software is similar but different in other models (lightning etc).
So all in all, this adds up to more programming than they can currently do quickly, I guess.

obotas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Guess there are differences that have to be programmed in for different regions. UK has different legal requirements than the EU. Plus there is the translation (which is actually very easy to implement).
I suppose they are releasing the car in China (requires another app version).
Lastly, the software is similar but different in other models (lightning etc).
So all in all, this adds up to more programming than they can currently do quickly, I guess.
If that would be the case, those updates would not be availble to install by dealers in Europe either, but they are available.
My guess is, that Ford doesn't have the capacity to release the OTAs in all the regions at the same time.
Has anybody received an OTA in Europe? I havn't yet. My MME was delivered in mid-August. And in the beginning of September all the available updates were installed by the dealer.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Iā€™ll tell you this, Iā€™m just outside of Washington DC. I ordered in early April and took delivery in mid-September, and I just got my first OTA update (1.7.1) yesterday, November 15th. I was starting to think my car would never get one. Itā€™s just a really, really slow rollout.

Draaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Trying to get an idea of OTA in Europe, will create a poll just to see if the OTA update are actually arriving to EU or not. Please leave your vote there as well :).

Ian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MUSTANG MACH E Extended Range RWD
Country flag
I got my MME RWD in july 2021 in France.
In my memory, my MME was delivered with FordPowerUp 1.4.0.
The OTA ran well in 2021, during the end of the year, I received OTA for 1.6.0 / 1.6.1 / 1.7.0.
After that, approximatively in october, my OTA update was stuck during a fail update to 1.7.1.
And today I am still stuck with 1.7.1, the issue is not solved.
The dealer said that the fix will come by Q2 2022 but I don't believe him.

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
I got my MME RWD in july 2021 in France.
In my memory, my MME was delivered with FordPowerUp 1.4.0.
The OTA ran well in 2021, during the end of the year, I received OTA for 1.6.0 / 1.6.1 / 1.7.0.
After that, approximatively in october, my OTA update was stuck during a fail update to 1.7.1.
And today I am still stuck with 1.7.1, the issue is not solved.
The dealer said that the fix will come by Q2 2022 but I don't believe him.
If the dealer says there is no fix for the stuck 1.7.1 they are lying or they are not actually checking. There is a detailed instruction which they will see if they log in and check for how to fix it with warranty claim.

Ian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MUSTANG MACH E Extended Range RWD
Country flag
If the dealer says there is no fix for the stuck 1.7.1 they are lying or they are not actually checking. There is a detailed instruction which they will see if they log in and check for how to fix it with warranty claim.
Yes, I know.
I printed myself the TSB 22-2117 and provided it to him directly.
But he said that he was unable to proceed the TSB, and he didn't told me why.
Seriously, I am very disappointed and frustrated.

And more of that, I can't understand why he updated to 1.7.1 and not directly to the latest version. The vehicule was stuck to the dealer, so during this manual update why do not update to the latest version ? It is not understandable....

Last edited:

dreKion

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER+
Occupation
IT
Country flag
In Spain some cars are updated to 2.3.0

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
When updating at the dealer it is no longer using those "version numbers", they are just updating modules separately. Some of them are mixed with multiple updates, but still they have no common version number. The version on the screen is not going to change after updating modules at the dealer, it still has to run the OTA updates, even if they do not do anything later to update the version numbers.

The "current" update is 2.3.0 is seems, which is the last one of a series of updates almost entirely for the SYNC screen module.

Then there is 2.4.2 which is the one they are installing manually in the 21P22 dealer update, which is totally separately from the 1.6=>2.3.0 updates, and an co-exist without any of the other updates. The 2.4.2 is ABS unit and charge controllers fixing the rear end handling issue, calibrating the ABS firmware for brake performance after they switched material on the brake pad (this update is also a requirement after replacing brake pads, separately from anything else)

2.4.3 and up is basically bluecruise, but seems to fix issues related to lane centering also. All the bluecruise-stuff is installable in europe but is disabled. The bug-fixes for the lane centering is still beneficial for us bluecruise is just lane centering with some additional features. and the bug fixes and improvements are still applied.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I still get failed 1.7.1 installs this week. By the looks of it 3 failed attempts.

Saltire

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So daft question but what OTA update should we be on in the UK?
I have an early RWD ER delivered in June 2021 and I'm still on 2.1.0 which according to the app I'm up to date!

Rob

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have an RWD ER, delivered in 7/21 in Germany and got several updates in the last 3 weeks in Germany. The last update came yesterday. It was 4.2.1.2.