Status
Not open for further replies.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
The author is clearly bias, but isn't that the definition of an opinion piece? A bias article that reflects the view of the writer.

I find it funny that so many people on this forum are outrage over an opinion article that is clearly labeled as such.
Because the only opinion allowed is the accepted opinion. Anything to the contrary is misinformation paid for by big bad [fill in the blank] and should be banned.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
There is a whole range of opinion pieces.

You can look at a particular subject or topic, research, and then come to a conclusion.

Or you can go from the other direction, where you already have a conclusion, and then pick and chose details, exaggerate and use biased words and phrases to support your preconceived conclusion.

Guess which one sucks?
In this day and age of click bait titles, and social protest, I'm going to make an educated guess that the vast majority of peoples opinions are not well researched and fact based.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Personally, I think BEVs are better in every way except three:
1. Entry cost
2. Public refueling
3. Range

The second two are irrelevant if your use is local and you can plug in at night. In fact, the ability to refuel at home is one of the best things about a BEV.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
There is a whole range of opinion pieces.

You can look at a particular subject or topic, research, and then come to a conclusion.

Or you can go from the other direction, where you already have a conclusion, and then pick and chose details, exaggerate and use biased words and phrases to support your preconceived conclusion.

Guess which one sucks?
And people that write pro-EV opinions don't also do that? Completely glossing over negatives that really do exist. The difference is that the reader of the opinion they disagree with sees all the holes in the opinion while the reader of the opinion that agrees does not. It goes both ways on nearly every issue.

People having differing opinions is a good thing. Being exposed to things people don't agree with is a good thing. Shutting down anything one does not agree with and staying in a confirmation bubble is not a good thing.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Because the only opinion allowed is the accepted opinion. Anything to the contrary is misinformation paid for by big bad [fill in the blank] and should be banned.
Banning opinions is a bad idea.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Banning opinions is a bad idea.
I agree. I just wish this forum had a "political opinion" section. I like the banter and at the end of the day, it is basically one's opinion and I would like to see different views on them. People live in bubbles and I think the reason for the anti this and anti that is the preaching that comes from their "news source" and I feel that it would be good to engage in opposing views and let them defend their position rather than parroting them. 👍

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
One man's over the top anti EV propaganda is another man's frank assessment.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Personally, I think BEVs are better in every way except three:
1. Entry cost
2. Public refueling
3. Range

The second two are irrelevant if your use is local and you can plug in at night. In fact, the ability to refuel at home is one of the best things about a BEV.
I would also add that they are heavier, causing more road damage, and require more frequent tire replacement.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I agree. I just wish this forum had a "political opinion" section. I like the banter and at the end of the day, it is basically one's opinion and I would like to see different views on them. People live in bubbles and I think the reason for the anti this and anti that is the preaching that comes from their "news source" and I feel that it would be good to engage in opposing views and let them defend their position rather than parroting them. 👍
Unfortunately news channel, articles, etc. have figured out that the more outlandish their titles are, the more clicks they get. This goes for both sides. Balance reporting do not get the eyeballs. People want sources that confirm their beliefs, not information that will challenge their thinking.

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In this case, it was under the opinion section, and the writer is listed as an "opinion contributor." There was no attempt to pass it off as anything other than an opinion piece.
Usually the media source, in the interest of transparency, would identify the writer's employer or industry if the opinion was about or affected that industry.

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Star White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would also add that they are heavier, causing more road damage, and require more frequent tire replacement.
Not much heavier than the F-150 (gas), the best selling vehicle in the US. 4700 vs 4650-5020 depending on Mach-E model. A lot lighter than something like the Escalade at 5800. I'm of the opinion that it's not the weight that affects tire wear but our inability to keep our foot off the accelerator. Really hard not to use that torque.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.