PAAK (21B36) Recall to Chip Shortage Nightmare (**Help Please**)

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
My December build (recd much later in March!) FE is at the dealer today for 10k and paak field service update while I’m there. I made sure to ask if they’ve done any updates yet on Mach e’s, and they have done a few so far for a few modules. Wanted to make sure I’m not the first! I’ll let u know how it goes. ??
Picked up. All good! Paak is better for sure the once i used it. Faster and not picky about phone location for start and earlier recognition when walking up. 10k essentially rotated tires. Not sure they even inspected anything though they said they did. They actually updated software overnight and Ford pass registered 2 alerts overnight - drivetrain power and accessory power faults.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JaysensHell

JaysensHell

First Name
Jaysen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, First Edition
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
So I finally have my baby back. I dropped it off August 27th and Got it back today. Thats a lot of separation. I'm going to baby her all day tomorrow.. LOL.
So this chip shortage is no joke. My only advise to everyone is if you don't have to leave it there have them confirm they have the part first. I did get a loaner for over a month and they are offering to pay a months car payment so thats cool.

Cheers to everyone!

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So I finally have my baby back. I dropped it off August 27th and Got it back today. Thats a lot of separation. I'm going to baby her all day tomorrow.. LOL.
So this chip shortage is no joke. My only advise to everyone is if you don't have to leave it there have them confirm they have the part first. I did get a loaner for over a month and they are offering to pay a months car payment so thats cool.

Cheers to everyone!
Would be nice if they had any parts, but there are no spares in the wild. Everything is ordered as per what needs to be replaced on the MME. Glad you got it back and Ford MCO helped out.

There really is no way you can ask them to have a part ready or expect what will go wrong ahead of time.

OP
OP
JaysensHell

JaysensHell

First Name
Jaysen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
Who is they? Ford or the dealer?
I went through ford corporate and got a case number. She was cool and helpful. I sent off my car stub and should be good. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
JaysensHell

JaysensHell

First Name
Jaysen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
I'd go for that! My first and only payment was for $51,000.
Yeah I put down 35k but figured cash on hand sometimes is better. Future these days are uncertain. Never know.

Cheers!!
Sponsored