PAAK (21B36) Recall to Chip Shortage Nightmare (**Help Please**)

JaysensHell

First Name
Jaysen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, First Edition
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
Well this is my first post here and I have been a silent lurker since March. My Carbon Grey FE is my favorite thing in the world even over my kids. JK.
Let me dumb this story down and hope that one of you can help me out some how. I had some time between jobs and decided to get my PAAK Recall (21B36) knocked out. Keep in mind my car was flawless and the PAAK issues only happened to me like 1 time out of 100 and I would just walk away and restart the app the make it connect again.
So I go in to my appointment at Pines Ford in Broward at 7am and say I would like the PAAK recall worked on and I'll stay on property till its fixed. 2 hours tops I figured looking at most of everyones experience. 4 hours later they are having issues with the download and decide to Uber me home. At the end of the day I'm like guys whats up. They are unsure and have to offer me a rental now. I don't want to get into my rental quality from Hertz but lets say it could of been a drug recall it was gross. The last five years with Lincoln and you get a Lincoln. Hard to fathom I know.
Another day or so goes by and I hear that the good old boys at Pines Ford blew up my :
Control Assembly - Audio/Visual Uni - Ford (LJ8Z-19H405-G)
Now we are having fun I say. I knew it was going to happen. I knew this going in for some reason.

So move on one month waiting for the part. Called the service guy, Brother whats up with the part?
Middle of October he says. Shut the Front Door.
I'm like someone better be paying my car payment.

I just can't believe this is happening. Its blows my mind that this part is MIA and can't be found.

I am humbly asking for any assistance for a fellow rider.

IMG_0112.jpg
Sponsored

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Well this is my first post here and I have been a silent lurker since March. My Carbon Grey FE is my favorite thing in the world even over my kids. JK.
Let me dumb this story down and hope that one of you can help me out some how. I had some time between jobs and decided to get my PAAK Recall (21B36) knocked out. Keep in mind my car was flawless and the PAAK issues only happened to me like 1 time out of 100 and I would just walk away and restart the app the make it connect again.
So I go in to my appointment at Pines Ford in Broward at 7am and say I would like the PAAK recall worked on and I'll stay on property till its fixed. 2 hours tops I figured looking at most of everyones experience. 4 hours later they are having issues with the download and decide to Uber me home. At the end of the day I'm like guys whats up. They are unsure and have to offer me a rental now. I don't want to get into my rental quality from Hertz but lets say it could of been a drug recall it was gross. The last five years with Lincoln and you get a Lincoln. Hard to fathom I know.
Another day or so goes by and I hear that the good old boys at Pines Ford blew up my :
Now we are having fun I say. I knew it was going to happen. I knew this going in for some reason.

So move on one month waiting for the part. Called the service guy, Brother whats up with the part?

I just can't believe this is happening. Its blows my mind that this part is MIA and can't be found.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK (21B36) Recall to Chip Shortage Nightmare (**Help Please**) IMG_0112
Have you sent a DM to @Ford Motor Company? They seem to have been helpful to some other users.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK (21B36) Recall to Chip Shortage Nightmare (**Help Please**) IMG_0112
I’m headed in for my 10k in a week and was wondering whether to get the paak update. Like you it mostly works. Grrrr. So sorry for your story.

OP
OP
JaysensHell

JaysensHell

First Name
Jaysen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
Have you sent a DM to @Ford Motor Company? They seem to have been helpful to some other users.
I'll try that now. Thank you .
I'm literally emailing Doug DeMuro for his part from his Mach E they took apart. Time to go viral im so annoyed.
Hahaha

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the mishap. Now I feel like I dodged a bullet.

I just had the PaaK update done on my car, along with the audio DSP and loud fan noise TSB applied. Brought it in 8am yesterday, got it back 12pm today. The service guy called me around 3 yesterday, saying they might not have it done the same day. Called again 8am this morning and confessed that something crashed during the update (not sure if it's their equipment or my car), that the car couldn't be started and it was a huge fiasco, then goes on to pat themselves on the back and said they forced the updates through and got the car started. He didn't mentioned which updates was screwed up but I suspect it's the one related to the loud fan during charging, which involves updating 5 or 6 major modules.

Thinking back, I did kind of hesitate asking them to perform the fan noise TSB, fearing something might get screwed up. It almost did.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag

I just had the PaaK update done on my car, along with the audio DSP and loud fan noise TSB applied. Brought it in 8am yesterday, got it back 12pm today. The service guy called me around 3 yesterday, saying they might not have it done the same day. Called again 8am this morning and confessed that something crashed during the update (not sure if it's their equipment or my car), that the car couldn't be started and it was a huge fiasco, then goes on to pat themselves on the back and said they forced the updates through and got the car started. He didn't mentioned which updates was screwed up but I suspect it's the one related to the loud fan during charging, which involves updating 5 or 6 major modules.

Thinking back, I did kind of hesitate asking them to perform the fan noise TSB, fearing something might get screwed up. It almost did.
Just had the fan noise updates done on my car. The dealer says everything went well. I'll find out firsthand when I pick it up Thursday. ??

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
No idea on the problem, but many years ago a Ford service department half-arsed a repair on my Mustang. They refused to give me a loaner even though they admitted they screwed up the repair and had tried to take a short cut on it.

I really wish this car was made by a different manufacturer.

OP
OP
JaysensHell

JaysensHell

First Name
Jaysen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
So I got some Hopium today. I have a case number and now its escalated heading up the ladder.
Great responses and help from @Ford Motor Company Social Media team.
Anyone else have a blown module and have any experiences with this?

Cheers.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I was just at my dealership picking up our Explorer from a service visit. I asked the guy if they'd done any of the Mach-E module updates yet. He was like "No, I don't think we have".

Since my issues are not majorly impacting the vehicle right now, I'm definitely going to wait until they've done a few before taking mine there. Or, just wait until more of them are pushed down via OTA. I seem to have gotten OTA 1.4 & 1.6 like most people have reported. I had a January build date.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

How's the sound with the audio dsp update?

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
My December build (recd much later in March!) FE is at the dealer today for 10k and paak field service update while I’m there. I made sure to ask if they’ve done any updates yet on Mach e’s, and they have done a few so far for a few modules. Wanted to make sure I’m not the first! I’ll let u know how it goes. ??
Sponsored