PAAK again!

Strabismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Update: Took car in to have the PaaK issue checked. Apparently, after the update and the connection issues, service determined that my PaaK module had a short and there were 25 errors in the system. Dealer told me they order a new PaaK module, but according to the dealer Ford isn’t making them yet. Don’t know if I believe the last part. Also, there wasn’t any major PaaK issues when I took it in. We will see.

My dealer performed the 21B36 update on Monday, I know my first mistake. When the vehicle was returned to me I could not get the app to connect to bluetooth. I have done a complete reset, removed everything and started from scratch. I can use carplay and connect to the bluetooth, but every time I try to set up my Paak it shows an error that it can't connect to the bluetooth. I tried to use several phones. After I get the message and retry it fails as it can't download the key and I do another reset. I guess my question is does the car have a separate Paak bluetooth module and has anyone ran into this particular issue? Thanks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK again! mach
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The car makes two Bluetooth connections, one for PAAK and one for Sync 4A.

I'd argue that the message you're seeing does NOT show you not connecting to the car, it shows you not connecting to Ford. Given the FordPass issues being experiencing by many, I'd say it's just as likely a FordPass issue.

I can't update my charging from 95% to 90. I can't update my vehicle's charging status from 12 hours ago, which isn't really 12 hours ago, more like 18.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

I'd argue that the message you're seeing does NOT show you not connecting to the car, it shows you not connecting to Ford. Given the FordPass issues being experiencing by many, I'd say it's just as likely a FordPass issue.

I can't update my charging from 95% to 90. I can't update my vehicle's charging status from 12 hours ago, which isn't really 12 hours ago, more like 18.
My FP was crashing. Had to reboot my telephone.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Yes, I had to do a reset all because it was grayed out when I received back from the dealer and has been with every reset.
Just my 2 cents, but at this point PAAK has been more trouble than it’s worth. My Wife prefers the FOB! We decided NOT to reenable it in Fordpass!

OP
OP
Strabismo

Strabismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I can post another pic later, but it pops up and says there is an issue connecting to bluetooth.

OP
OP
Strabismo

Strabismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
My dealer performed the 21B36 update on Monday, I know my first mistake. When the vehicle was returned to me I could not get the app to connect to bluetooth. I have done a complete reset, removed everything and started from scratch. I can use carplay and connect to the bluetooth, but every time I try to set up my Paak it shows an error that it can't connect to the bluetooth. I tried to use several phones. After I get the message and retry it fails as it can't download the key and I do another reset. I guess my question is does the car have a separate Paak bluetooth module and has anyone ran into this particular issue? Thanks.

mache.jpeg

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had to go to a location with out WiFi but with good cell service to get mine to work.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I had to go into the car and toggle its conductivity off and back on to get FP charging control back.

rsviking1001

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach - E
Occupation
IT/Managed services
Country flag
With the Over The Air updates why can they not fix this PaaK, as it is software, via Remote?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
With the Over The Air updates why can they not fix this PaaK, as it is software, via Remote?
That functionality isn't ready yet. Anyone with issues right now should be going to the dealer to fix them, period. Best to assume OTA updates are long in the future until we actually see functional updates happening.

rsviking1001

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach - E
Occupation
IT/Managed services
Country flag
I have had 2 updates since my purchase in May.
No idea what was in them.
Sponsored