Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm not sure if there is already a thread on this, but I got the dealer to install the PAAK update yesterday. It took twice as long as quoted because it was their first time performing an update on the Mach E. However, they didn't brick the car, so that was success number 1. When I got the car back, only the FOB worked and reverted to the guest profile. Initially I was skeptical that anything had actually been fixed, but I removed the key from the phone and reinstalled, then linked to my profile (which was saved). Everything worked as expected after deleting the key and relinking.

So far, the PAAK has been great and reliable. I ran out the grocery store in the rain and did not have to wait at all to get in the car. First door button press unlocked the car. I'll continue to monitor and update, but thought that I'd share that complete relinking need to happen, as the dealer did not tell me this was the case.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I'm not sure if there is already a thread on this, but I got the dealer to install the PAAK update yesterday. It took twice as long as quoted because it was their first time performing an update on the Mach E. However, they didn't brick the car, so that was success number 1. When I got the car back, only the FOB worked and reverted to the guest profile. Initially I was skeptical that anything had actually been fixed, but I removed the key from the phone and reinstalled, then linked to my profile (which was saved). Everything worked as expected after deleting the key and relinking.

So far, the PAAK has been great and reliable. I ran out the grocery store in the rain and did not have to wait at all to get in the car. First door button press unlocked the car. I'll continue to monitor and update, but thought that I'd share that complete relinking need to happen, as the dealer did not tell me this was the case.
Can you share your phone model and OS version?
I have a feeling that PAAK success % is at least partially dependent on certain phones working better than others.

I primarily carry my FOB, but the times I've tried my iPhone 12 as the PAAK, it usually works. I keep the FordPass app open at all times, and have granted background location permissions to that app.

Have not gone to the dealer for the PAAK update since I don't use it that often and its working for me.

OP
OP
ManInBlack

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can you share your phone model and OS version?
I have a feeling that PAAK success % is at least partially dependent on certain phones working better than others.

I primarily carry my FOB, but the times I've tried my iPhone 12 as the PAAK, it usually works. I keep the FordPass app open at all times, and have granted background location permissions to that app.

Have not gone to the dealer for the PAAK update since I don't use it that often and its working for me.
I have an iPhone 12 mini. Latest iOS version (14.6).
Sponsored