PaaK Beginning to Misbehave again? iPhone 13? iOS 15.0.1? Ghosts in the Machine? Elon Musk Hacking my Phone?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I had the PaaK SSM applied at my dealership a while back and after that, PaaK worked pretty well. Approach lighting worked, I could almost always just hop in the car, start, and drive away, even with my phone in my pocket, instead of on the charge pad with the FordPass app open. Life was good.
Things have gotten worse recently (well, deteriorated to the way they were before). More and more, my car isn’t recognizing me (particularly first thing in the morning), even if I have the app open. (It’s not connecting to XXXX MACH E in Bluetooth). Then, when the car finally decides to open (or I give up and use the door code), it won’t start until the phone is on the charge pad with the FordPass app open. Oddly, when I press the start button, sometimes the sync screen will start and the radio will play even though the instrument panel will display “No Key Detected”. It will start after a few presses of the start button.
After the morning crankiness, it will usually begin doing approach lighting, but most of the time it will still want the phone on the charging pad with the app open to start.
This seemed to begin happening either around the time of iOS 15.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Did you ensure your Mach-E has had its morning coffee?
Coffee goes in that tube with the blue cap on it, in the frunk, yes?

I've been pouring coffee in there each morning but PaaK reliability remains about the same.

Where do you pour your coffee? Note: I have a rear wheel drive configuration if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hmmm. I prefer a grande iced mocha. With almond milk. I wonder if it’s the almond milk? Nah.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Coffee goes in that tube with the blue cap on it, in the frunk, yes?

I've been pouring coffee in there each morning but PaaK reliability remains about the same.
I've been doing that too, but haven't noticed any changes with PaaK. I have noticed that my windshield seems to be getting brown stains all over it though. I'm sure it's not related.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've been doing that too, but haven't noticed any changes with PaaK. I have noticed that my windshield seems to be getting brown stains all over it though. I'm sure it's not related.
Out here, that's what rain does. So I wouldn't notice any difference.

Hmmm. I prefer a grande iced mocha. With almond milk. I wonder if it’s the almond milk? Nah.
I just use hi-test unleaded black coffee. No ice, no milk, no fake milk, etc. Going for efficiency, but like I said PaaK is about the same as before so maybe it's how the beans were roasted. ?‍♂

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I’ve heard that coffee can cause brown stains, but I’ve never heard of them on the windshield? ?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Don't be silly, I open the hood and pour it in the mouth. Clearly that's how the Mach-E eats, as Ford showed us that's where the food goes
5793224005001_6129080274001_6129079266001-vs.jpg
Oh that does seem easier. (I've been spilling some coffee.) And I guess it makes some sense?? I was thinking the blue straw was for liquids and the big mouth area for solids. But yeah now I can see how Ford multi-purposed the mouth area for liquids and solids. Smart design.

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m am so happy this PAAK thread ended up being fun instead of the usual outrage and we all realize the privilege we have to complain about using our phone as a key in our awesomely cool MMEs. I actually smiled reading this one, so thanks everyone. Cheers.
PS - my MME prefers New Orleans style iced coffee with chicory root in with the coffee beans ;-)

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
The OP Is exactly what I’ve experience. Recently had the dealership update of all the modules. Seems like PAAK was working fairly well. Then got the iPhone 13 Pro, with the iOS 15. Now I’m using the FordPass app to unlock my car and code to start the car at least 50% of the time. I miss the good all days when my phone worked 90% of the time.
Sponsored