PAAK Bricked my phone???

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I have a 30 month old iphone and an 18 month old MME. About 2 weeks ago, my iphone started freezing every few hours. Now it freezes every few minutes. I am going to get a new one, but backing up non icloud data has been cumbersome, especially with a 5-10 minute window before it re-crashes. I have no way of knowing which app if any is causing this, but am wary of the FordPass always being on and refreshing in the background. Weird thing is, the period between crashes lengthen when i close FordPass. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe after a recent FP update?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I highly doubt that FordPass is what's doing that to your phone. But if you want to see for sure, uninstall FordPass and see if it fixes the issue.

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
iPhone 14 Pro user. No issue like this with PAAK. Doubt this is the FP app. Something else is going on. Have an Apple tech take a look at it or uninstall the FP app to see if the issue gets resolved.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I upgraded from an old iPhone X to a 13 Pro over the summer. No issues with either phone regarding FordPass. The iPhone X did have a velocity/ancceleration issue with a wall, however. 🤪🐩

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I have a 30 month old iphone and an 18 month old MME. About 2 weeks ago, my iphone started freezing every few hours. Now it freezes every few minutes. I am going to get a new one, but backing up non icloud data has been cumbersome, especially with a 5-10 minute window before it re-crashes. I have no way of knowing which app if any is causing this, but am wary of the FordPass always being on and refreshing in the background. Weird thing is, the period between crashes lengthen when i close FordPass. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe after a recent FP update?
One possible explanation to the phone repeatedly crashing is if its overheating. Find a way to keep it cool temporarily and that may let you stay on long enough to finish a complete backup.

OP
OP

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
thank you for the replies. Didn't think it was likely FP related, but thought I might see if anyone else was experiencing this here. Seems like a hardware issue as the phone does get extremely warm before crashing.
Sponsored