PAAK fans, time to dispose of your FOB

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I would still want the key fob for car washes and the valet. Also can’t imagine not having a key fob would go over well if ever selling the car in the future.

OP
OP
shutterbug

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I would still want the key fob for car washes and the valet. Also can’t imagine not having a key fob would go over well if ever selling the car in the future.
What if you had 2 or 3 FOBs?

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I am not a techno geek, but have adjusted to just using my PAAK and not carrying the FOB. It is clearly not perfect as I sometimes have to wait a few seconds for it to connect to the car through Bluetooth. I'm sure Ford will eventually get this to work seamlessly.

I have had to use the backup code to start the car once. But between the starting backup code and the door pillar code to get into the car, I am not worried about getting "stranded." Even if I am in an area with no cell service, I will be able to make it work.

I agree with ARK that I would carry the FOB for valets or car washes as I think the Valet mode is too complicated and until this is more commonplace, I don't want to have issues with needing others to drive the car.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I am not a techno geek, but have adjusted to just using my PAAK and not carrying the FOB. It is clearly not perfect as I sometimes have to wait a few seconds for it to connect to the car through Bluetooth. I'm sure Ford will eventually get this to work seamlessly.

I have had to use the backup code to start the car once. But between the starting backup code and the door pillar code to get into the car, I am not worried about getting "stranded." Even if I am in an area with no cell service, I will be able to make it work.

I agree with ARK that I would carry the FOB for valets or car washes as I think the Valet mode is too complicated and until this is more commonplace, I don't want to have issues with needing others to drive the car.
I echo that, but maybe used the fob once that is all. Been 3500+ miles, don't plan on using fob.
I've paired my partners phone also with a key, so as I walk out for something, she can stay in the car without the alarm going off.

Reactions: abr

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
What if you had 2 or 3 FOBs?
That would certainly be different, alas Ford didn’t put us in a position of having two or three key fobs.

I’ve been using PaaK pretty much exclusively except for trips to the car wash. Between Paak and the back up code, I have extremely high confidence of not needing a fob.

Oddly enough, the thing I like most about PaaK isn’t that it lets me avoid carrying keys (I always like to have my house keys on me), but it lets me carry my other car’s keys (a Mustang coupe) and the key fob on my Mustang coupe isn’t nearly as bulky, so I see this as a win-win that lets me always have my two car keys (and house keys) on me while only carrying one set of keys.

Jarvis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance Edition Star White
Occupation
Ford Salesman
Country flag
Why do you need the fob for a car Wash? I use Auto Wash, a drive thru wash. Are you talking about something different?

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
So now neither my fob or app will open car automatically. I have to click to open. Not sure what changed? Anyone else experience this?

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Well I did BUY my second FOB from CAR and TRUCK REMOTES for around $55 with a 10 percent discount code! I am glad I did because now they apparently have become a hot item selling for $130.
Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK fans, time to dispose of your FOB 1618781349427

Last edited:

05reinvent

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Kraft
Bought remote but how did you program it? Complicated? Where is the Program, procedure?

05reinvent

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Kraft
Bought remote but how did you program it? Complicated? Where is the Program, procedure?

05reinvent
You have to go to the dealer to get it programmed. Depending on their cost, if you have enough FordPass rewards, it should cover it.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
So I got this email from Car and Truck Remotes

Exit question: are any PAAK enthusiasts confident enough in their phones to get rid of their FOBs?

To your exit question.......I never carry the FOB, it hangs on a hook by the front door. PAAK has worked fine for both of us since we got the car. I verified that the backup start code would work. Have not had to use it in the wild

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
My Wife is having too many problems with her PAAK! Our dealer has promised to provide us with an extra FOB at NO extra charge! This has not happened yet but I will keep after them until they cough one up!! Lol

J&S K

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e
Country flag
So I got this email from Car and Truck Remotes

Exit question: are any PAAK enthusiasts confident enough in their phones to get rid of their FOBs?
Fyi,
After a software update I started having problems with PAAK on my 2021 Mach-e. The dealer told me they were having a number of issues with PAAK and Ford's solution was to issue an additional FOB. So the good thing I now have an extra FOB, free. Bad news is really liked PAAK.
Hopefully, Ford can fix the PAAK software compatibility issue and I can go back to using PAAK. I am waiting for a few updates, and then will try resetting PAAK and try to use PAAK again.