Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Whoo Hoo!

?‍♀ ?‍♀?‍♂??????
Whoo Hoo!

?‍♀ ?‍♀?‍♂??????
Yeah. Limited sample but I just made a trip to the store and back, and it's the first time in my 1st 3.5 weeks of my MME and PaaK that my phone never left my pocket for that same trip!

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
I just downloaded the new version of Ford Pass for Android and I am amazed how much better PAAK is working.
Pardon my cynicism but do you mean that its working correctly or just much better than the previous abysmal performance?

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Pardon my cynicism but do you mean that it's working correctly or just much better than the previous abysmal performance?
I have only had to take one trip today, but for the first time it worked as I would expect. The door opened the instant I touched the button both times. That never happened before.

Until now there was always at least a three to ten second delay before the door would open and at least one time out of ten I needed to take the phone out, open the ap and explicitly unlock the doors.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
One thing that has never worked for me was the phone notification when you you enable walk away lock. The way I understood it was I would get a push notification when the car locked after I walked away. Maybe I misunderstood the feature all together.

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
I have only had to take one trip today, but for the first time it worked as I would expect. The door opened the instant I touched the button both times. That never happened before.

Until now there was always at least a three to ten second delay before the door would open and at least one time out of ten I needed to take the phone out, open the ap and explicitly unlock the doors.
Eric, thanks for taking time to add info. Did you have FSA 21b36 (that many of us are now seeing in the Ford Pass app) performed by the dealer? What version of Android are you using?

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag

Same. I'm on Apple, and walk-away lock (w/ confirmation chirp) was not 100%. Or I'd walk up and need to remove phone from my pocket, or need to lock/unlock w/o PaaK. I park in a garage 1-level down and have wondered if the app had an issue as a walked down a stairs a few flights, etc. I had been closing the app and restarting on occasion. Fingers crossed that's not needed much anymore.

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Eric, thanks for taking time to add info. Did you have FSA 21b36 (that many of us are now seeing in the Ford Pass app) performed by the dealer? What version of Android are you using?
I have never had to bring it to the dealer so if there was an update it was OTA. I have a Note 20 with Android 11.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
One thing that has never worked for me was the phone notification when you you enable walk away lock. The way I understood it was I would get a push notification when the car locked after I walked away. Maybe I misunderstood the feature all together.
AFAIK the "notification" is the honk

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
The push notification to the Ford Pass App began with the prior app update - .23? Works every time for me . . . . actually, kind of annoying as I prefer the "honk" notification. That being said, I like any notification that confirms the car locked - now I have both.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I see recall notice on my Ford pass app to book appointment to update paak software.

Anyone else see it?
Yep, I just updated and I see the same recall. Will check with dealer tomorrow. Luckily I'm not using paak yet

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
On Android here is the notification setting for Walk Away Lock. It never worked for me in the past. I haven't used PaaK for about a month now so I'm hoping it starts working.

Screenshot_20210614-221059.png
Sponsored