Beowoeulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hey Ford, you really ought to provide owners 2 key fobs until PaaK "just works". Make your engineers only use PaaK until that is the case.

This morning I was using PaaK when dropping my daughter off as school and sitting lin line. My phone was awake and sitting on the wireless charging pad with FordPass app open, but suddenly the car decided I didn't have a key and it quickly honked 2x! So I quickly picked my phone, dismissed the are you driving notification, and hit the unlock button.

I'm now the asshole in a Mustang who honks while waiting in line.
Sponsored

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I've had many embarrassing moments with Paak. Between not being able to get in the car, unable to start, or backup passcode screen not appearing I've given up on Paak. Even when the car is started and driving away it will say 'key not detected' . It does often honk as well when it loses touch with Paak. Very embarrassing and shame on Ford for not providing a second fob.

It appears new MME are coming with two fobs. I've gone round and round with Ford both corporate and two dealers will no luck getting a second fob. Its principal for me. I'm going to start bring my MME into the dealership now for Paak and other minor issues. I've got the time and they've got the money. I suggest others turn up the pressures on Ford and their incompetence.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I gave PaaK a chance. I set it up, walked away, got into the unlocked car and it failed to find the PaaK that had been set up 2 minutes earlier.

Fool me once......

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
At this time I have no intention of activating PAAK as I am not having any issues and I was blessed with two fobs.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I’ve been reading as much as I can about the MME since I ordered one in February. Mine will be here at the end of this month and I know I am thrilled they are providing 2 key fobs now. I won’t even set up PAAK as I have read so many issues with it.

OP
OP

Beowoeulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If you're concerned about safety, and it's too inconvenient to share the single key fob, just get another one. Seems like an easy workaround for now.
I could, but why should I spend more to fix something that shouldn't be broken, especially in a car that marketed as somewhat upscale?

It is a bad customer experience and I'll be more likely to look at Rivian or Tesla for my next vehicle if it isn't fixed soon with an over the air update, but those seem to be coming slowly.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I don't have my car yet but I've read enough at this point to not even bother setting up PAAK. I've also read that it appears that the GTs are shipping with two FOBs.

Seems like this is a feature Ford wanted to have to ensure it compared well on paper with the Model Y that was in no way ready for prime time.
Sponsored