Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don't have my car yet but I've read enough at this point to not even bother setting up PAAK. I've also read that it appears that the GTs are shipping with two FOBs.

Seems like this is a feature Ford wanted to have to ensure it compared well on paper with the Model Y that was in no way ready for prime time.
I’m of the same opinion as Scoopman. No PaaK activation for me whenever it is that my car arrives. I hate being chained my phone anyhow and prefer to not have it on me.
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I’m of the same opinion as Scoopman. No PaaK activation for me whenever it is that my car arrives. I hate being chained my phone anyhow and prefer to not have it on me.
Oh I'm chained to my phone ? just think it's important to be able to reliably get in my car and to drive it.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Does your single key fob not work?
I don't understand why when people buy a car expecting a feature to work, and it doesn't work, the first response is "well use the other method instead"

Like what? Way too many apologists on here.

Can't wait to get rid of my car to be frank. The community here loves to kiss Fords feet. I've never seen anything like it. It's on par with Teslas community.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’ve been in a one car household for 5 years and only ever had one key. Just leave the key at home unless you are taking the car.

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
I wish my 22 came with two key fobs but the description says one. I thought about getting one on line and getting it programed but may just order the fob from the dealership.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don't understand why when people buy a car expecting a feature to work, and it doesn't work, the first response is "well use the other method instead"
What's the other option?

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Can't wait to get rid of my car to be frank. The community here loves to kiss Fords feet. I've never seen anything like it. It's on par with Teslas community.
To be fair, it is just turning into any other car forum :) That said, I have also noticed that folks get defensive over things they are not personally responsible for: if someone directly involved in the implementation of PaaK argued it doesn't deserve all the bashing it has received, I would understand that; if a Ford employee argued they are powerless in dealing with the build/shipping delays - my order has been "almost" built for 12 straight weeks and counting - I could agree to disagree, but it is odd for third parties to jump in.

Receiving a single key fob is not a deal breaker to me, as we hardly ever used the second one for the previous cars in our household. But as you said, when people buy a car expecting an advertised feature to work and it doesn't, it is a valid concern. Just because something doesn't affect me personally doesn't mean it is not a problem. Soon after buying my minivan, I saw complaints about the infotainment system freezing up, one of the common triggers appeared to be using the camera in the cabin (for checking on kids in 2nd and 3rd rows) for long periods of time. It never impacted me, either because it was a hardware issue that I lucked out of, or because I never used that camera frequently or for periods long enough. Some argued it was a gimmicky feature anyway so one should just forget about it. Four years later, Honda settled a class action suit over the freezing infotainment system and dealers' failure to fix it over multiple visits.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Why Ford won't bury this issue by giving out a second fob to previous owners is insane. Especially since it appears all new MMEs are getting two now.
They have our addresses and fob codes.

....easy fix.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don’t think I’m a Ford apologist. I’m probably not buying another Ford due to the build scheduling fiasco (how the heck are they prioritizing non-reservations over reservations?).

That said, I believe the people who have suggested using the key (or fob) instead of PaaK are simply leaving out the phrase “until PaaK gets fixed.”

After reading of all of the PaaK issues, coupled with the fact that I hate being tethered to my phone, I will not be relying on it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I suppose it depends on the feature.
Some features were included by default even though we may not care about them or ever plan on using it. For me some of those on the list include PaaK, self parking, rear wiper, WiFi Hotspot etc. They might work but I wouldn't know because I never use them except maybe by accident if I accidentally bump the switch or something.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I don’t think I’m a Ford apologist. I’m probably not buying another Ford due to the build scheduling fiasco (how the heck are they prioritizing non-reservations over reservations?).

That said, I believe the people who have suggested using the key (or fob) instead of PaaK are simply leaving out the phrase “until PaaK gets fixed.”

After reading of all of the PaaK issues, coupled with the fact that I hate being tethered to my phone, I will not be relying on it.
You are absolutely correct. I am not a Ford apologist and I agree that advertised festures should work. But as an early adopter there may be features we have to wait on. I am certainly not going utilize a troublesome feature when it is not necessary.

I also believe that this and other forums should serve to discuss the good as well as the bad. I have written this here before; I am a glass half full person. Life is much more enjoyable focusing on what is good. There are many great features that i am enjoying. My wife says I always have a smile on my face when driving. If and when it turns to a frown I will move on!

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why Ford won't bury this issue by giving out a second fob to previous owners is insane. Especially since it appears all new MMEs are getting two now.
All they would need to do is send via email a voucher for a free key fob we take to the dealer to get it and program it. Ford can provide the key fob to the dealer for free and pay a minimal fee for programming. With all the complainants it seems like a easy way to make current owners happy and remove all this negative feedback they been getting since the car came out with one fob. I could see their point if PAAK worked but it mostly doesn't or it does for a bit then stops working correctly for the amount of cost to them of a fob and programming to remove all this negative feedback it seems like a smart move. Cutting back one or two commercials would likely pay for it.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag

To be clear, PAAK isn’t a feature I care about and I wouldn’t use it even if it worked perfectly. I do think features should work as advertised For those that want to use PAAK. I’ve also never owned a Ford so I am hoping the vehicle quality is on par with the price. A lot of people seem to be happy. Why would you like to get rid of your car?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
All they would need to do is send via email a voucher for a free key fob we take to the dealer to get it and program it. Ford can provide the key fob to the dealer for free and pay a minimal fee for programming. With all the complainants it seems like a easy way to make current owners happy and remove all this negative feedback they been getting since the car came out with one fob. I could see their point if PAAK worked but it mostly doesn't or it does for a bit then stops working correctly for the amount of cost to them of a fob and programming to remove all this negative feedback it seems like a smart move. Cutting back one or two commercials would likely pay for it.
Oh yeah. I agree that @Ford Motor Company should be comping a key and programming to everyone who only got one.
Sponsored