PaaK made me look like an ass

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I don't anticipate getting my car until the Spring given the timing of my web reservation (still not yet an order...) but I don't foresee using PAAK when I get the car. Just too many things to learn about the car and I'm so used to grabbing a FOB as I walk out the door. In fact I'm still happy about keyless entry, so don't see much of an advantage to PAAK and at this point only see it as something that can go wrong and trip me up. The key FOB always works (until the battery goes) but PAAK strikes me as something that might work...until it doesn't. Not worth it.

Not sure where the notion of Mach E's being delivered with 2 FOBs comes from, other than perhaps some dealers agreeing to it. Mine didn't and I haven't heard that this is Ford policy (though agree it should be).
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Also not an apologist. Also don’t give two ?s about PAAK. I have a car. It’s fun to drive. It looks cool. I don’t have to buy gas. They gave me a fob. I can drive it. If I had paid extra for Phone-as-a-key, then I might give a darn. But I didn’t. It’s like the hotspot. I don’t care. My phone has a way better hotspot. It works without me doing anything.
If you paid for PAAK and it came with a free car, I guess I can see your perseveration. But anyone who has been here or on fb for more than a single day knows it’s garbage and anyone trying to use it exclusively is setting themselves up for failure / embarrassment. 50% of the people can get it to work all of the time. 25% of the people can get it to work 50% of the time. The other 25% of the people can’t get it to work. Add all that up and it works about 2/3 of the time.
This is the part that I find funny. If I told you eating at a certain restaurant would be totally safe 2/3 of the time, how many of you would go to that restaurant? And how many of you would be on a foodie forum saying “but they told me the food would be safe” while praying at the porcelain alter? I think the Ven diagram of those people versus the PAAK people is a circle.
Also, I bought a second fob for each car. Total uses of second fobs… ZERO. My wife and I share well.

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Also not an apologist. Also don’t give two ?s about PAAK. I have a car. It’s fun to drive. It looks cool. I don’t have to buy gas. They gave me a fob. I can drive it. If I had paid extra for Phone-as-a-key, then I might give a darn. But I didn’t. It’s like the hotspot. I don’t care. My phone has a way better hotspot. It works without me doing anything.
If you paid for PAAK and it came with a free car, I guess I can see your perseveration. But anyone who has been here or on fb for more than a single day knows it’s garbage and anyone trying to use it exclusively is setting themselves up for failure / embarrassment. 50% of the people can get it to work all of the time. 25% of the people can get it to work 50% of the time. The other 25% of the people can’t get it to work. Add all that up and it works about 2/3 of the time.
This is the part that I find funny. If I told you eating at a certain restaurant would be totally safe 2/3 of the time, how many of you would go to that restaurant? And how many of you would be on a foodie forum saying “but they told me the food would be safe” while praying at the porcelain alter? I think the Ven diagram of those people versus the PAAK people is a circle.
Also, I bought a second fob for each car. Total uses of second fobs… ZERO. My wife and I share well.
We all paid for PAAK. Whether or not you use it is a different story. If it is an advertised feature, it should work. Just because you don’t use the feature doesn’t mean others don’t have a valid complaint. If the stereo worked 2/3 of the time could you use the same excuse? What if the A/C only worked 2/3 of the time? PAAK is an advertised feature just like those.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
We all paid for PAAK. Whether or not you use it is a different story. If it is an advertised feature, it should work. Just because you don’t use the feature doesn’t mean others don’t have a valid complaint. If the stereo worked 2/3 of the time could you use the same excuse? What if the A/C only worked 2/3 of the time? PAAK is an advertised feature just like those.
It does work. Not well, but it works. Everything on my cars works. Some better than others.

Peugfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Linc MKX, 2021 MME Prem 4EX Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don't understand why when people buy a car expecting a feature to work, and it doesn't work, the first response is "well use the other method instead"

Like what? Way too many apologists on here.

Can't wait to get rid of my car to be frank. The community here loves to kiss Fords feet. I've never seen anything like it. It's on par with Teslas community.
PAAK works for me, not 100% but a few second delay a few times is not a big deal. I've not used a FOB since late April. I bought a 2nd FOB as insurance but have not had to use it. Sure Ford should have supplied a 2nd FOB, so since they did not just buy one and get over it. Not an apologist, just a realist.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
You have a fine way with the writeen word sir! Much more direct than I am.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I would be happy if so could have option deleted anything having to do with PaaK or even A/C for that matter. Less weight.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I’m of the same opinion as Scoopman. No PaaK activation for me whenever it is that my car arrives. I hate being chained my phone anyhow and prefer to not have it on me.
I actually recommend setting PaaK up, if ONLY to creat a backup start code. As it currently stands a backup code can only be created when setting up PaaK.

This way, even if you lose the fob while out. You can still turn on the car and drive it home or wherever you need to vs sitting and waiting there/going and getting the second fob so you can drive again.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I don't understand why when people buy a car expecting a feature to work, and it doesn't work, the first response is "well use the other method instead"
Agree. I expect the PAAK to work. Every time. And, guess what, in the 6 months that I've owned the car it does exactly that. It works as expected.

But, after reading all of the problems I have 3 fobs. One I programmed myself. Hopefully I'll never use them.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm not making excuses for PaaK. People have varying success with it, but I think everyone would agree that it doesn't work 100% every time. I agree that it should, but that's just not the current reality. Most people also seem to agree that it wouldn't be an issue if Ford provided two fobs. What amazes me is that people who spent $50k+ on a car are so against spending $200 for a second key fob because they "shouldn't have to". I agree that the car should have come with 2 fobs, but it didn't, so I bought another one. People can shake their fists and not buy another fob out of principle, but that's not hurting Ford or making PaaK work any better. It's just continuing to frustrate the driver needlessly.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
been my only issue with the mach e is the fact it doesn't come with a second fob (I think the gts are).. It's not a major deal tho as I can buy one for $80

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
I actually recommend setting PaaK up, if ONLY to creat a backup start code. As it currently stands a backup code can only be created when setting up PaaK.

This way, even if you lose the fob while out. You can still turn on the car and drive it home or wherever you need to vs sitting and waiting there/going and getting the second fob so you can drive again.
what happens if you have your phone and your fob as you approach the car. Does it prioritize the fob over the phone?

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
It does work. Not well, but it works. Everything on my cars works. Some better than others.
FordPass does not let me or my wife setup PAAK - says device not supported. We both have iPhone 13.
Sponsored