Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
I’ve been reading as much as I can about the MME since I ordered one in February. Mine will be here at the end of this month and I know I am thrilled they are providing 2 key fobs now. I won’t even set up PAAK as I have read so many issues with it.
Not to diminish other's issues with PAAK, there are many more of us who use it as our sole key and have no complaint. I had a few minor issues but now that I know to turn the Fordpass app on and put my phone in the cradle, it has been flawless. i don't get the hate.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Welcome to adopter/first year problems. They will both get better over time if you a patient.
Just digging a little deeper into this platitudes, how much more time would you say is reasonable?

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
My car ALWAYS honks twice a few seconds after I start the car with PaaK. Then says "no key detected". Unbelievably annoying.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Just digging a little deeper into this platitudes, how much more time would you say is reasonable?
This isn't new. They've had it on Lincolns for a minute.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Not to diminish other's issues with PAAK, there are many more of us who use it as our sole key and have no complaint. I had a few minor issues but now that I know to turn the Fordpass app on and put my phone in the cradle, it has been flawless. i don't get the hate.
So your phone needs to have the fordpass app actively running, that makes sense. Do you have to put the phone on the wireless charging spot for PaaK to work, or can I keep my phone in my pocket?

blink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME+
My car ALWAYS honks twice a few seconds after I start the car with PaaK. Then says "no key detected". Unbelievably annoying.
Twice I've gotten into the car with paak, but then it tells me no key detected and I'll get told if I press start I need the password. No honking, though. Odd.

Only experienced honking once. First time I was visiting someone with fob (no paak yet) and I was switching seat with a friend who wanted to test drive. Not sure why it honked then. Both front doors were open. I guess the car was on. Fob either in my pocket or in the car

Worth mentioning I only had the car since Monday and paak works fine as long as the fordpass app doesn't crash which it did a lot yesterday for some reason. I changed some battery saving settings and had no problem so far today

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Turn off audible confirmations. That will kill the honk.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For the 2021 MME 6 months to 8 months more and we should have pretty solid software.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I'm not making excuses for PaaK. People have varying success with it, but I think everyone would agree that it doesn't work 100% every time.
I won't agree to that. I use PAAK exclusively and have never been stranded since I got the car in April.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
It isn't just the cost of the fob. The service department has to have one or order one. You have to go back to the dealer. You have to sit there while it's being programmed. You have to pay whatever they say to pay for it.

But first you have to get the service department on the phone and get an informed answer.

This is not putting the customer first.
I got a second fob under my extended warranty. Included was a rental car while they programmed it. I didn't have to wait.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I won't agree to that. I use PAAK exclusively and have never been stranded since I got the car in April.
Not getting stranded and working 100% every single time are not the same. It works great for me too, but I can't say that I've never seen it say "no key detected" or have to hit the lock or start button more than once. That's never happened to you?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Not getting stranded and working 100% every single time are not the same. It works great for me too, but I can't say that I've never seen it say "no key detected" or have to hit the lock or start button more than once. That's never happened to you?
There was this one time. When I first got the car I didn't know all of the nuances of the PAAK. So, my wife and I got in the car and the alarm started going off. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off with the PAAK. So, like a good tech person, I rebooted my phone. We sat in the car with the horn honking until the phone rebooted and I got into the PAAK. Now, I know more of the nuances of the PAAK.

But, to answer your question: Does it work perfectly when I walk up to the car with my phone in my pocket? No. Sometimes I have to pull out the phone and start FordPass. Then it works. Most of the time I'm annoyed when I'm working in the garage and the car starts clicking at me when I walk near it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
But, to answer your question: Does it work perfectly when I walk up to the car with my phone in my pocket? No.
Okay. Then why do you disagree with my statement that it doesn't work 100% every time?