Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Okay. Then why do you disagree with my statement that it doesn't work 100% every time?
Because 100% of the time I do not need a fob. So, the PAAK works 100% of the time or I couldn't drive the car.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
But how often does it work flawlessly?
I'm not sure what flawlessly means. Do you mean that I never need a fob? In that case 100% of the time. If you mean I have to take it out of my pocket and start the app? I'd say about 15% of the time I have to pull my phone out of my pocket.

Nobody every mentions how huge the friggin' fob is. I simply don't want that bugger in my pocket.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I'm not sure what flawlessly means. Do you mean that I never need a fob? In that case 100% of the time. If you mean I have to take it out of my pocket and start the app? I'd say about 15% of the time I have to pull my phone out of my pocket.

Nobody every mentions how huge the friggin' fob is. I simply don't want that bugger in my pocket.
To each his own, but my Iphone is bigger than the Fob! 100% Fob for me! Lol

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Because 100% of the time I do not need a fob. So, the PAAK works 100% of the time or I couldn't drive the car.
Flawless or 100% means that it works as well as the fob every time. If you have to take it out of your pocket or sometimes get ā€œkey not detectedā€, itā€™s not 100%. Iā€™m with you that it works pretty well, and itā€™s good enough for me. But it doesnā€™t work as well as the fob 100% of the time. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Flawless or 100% means that it works as well as the fob every time. If you have to take it out of your pocket or sometimes get ā€œkey not detectedā€, itā€™s not 100%. Iā€™m with you that it works pretty well, and itā€™s good enough for me. But it doesnā€™t work as well as the fob 100% of the time. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying.
You define it how you want, I'll define it how I want. To me flawless is when I don't have to have a fob.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I agree the Fob is big. Paak often does not work for me so I have no choice to use the one and only fob.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
P
I could, but why should I spend more to fix something that shouldn't be broken, especially in a car that marketed as somewhat upscale?

It is a bad customer experience and I'll be more likely to look at Rivian or Tesla for my next vehicle if it isn't fixed soon with an over the air update, but those seem to be coming slowly.
Much cheaper to dump the car than get a second fob.

Are you saying the car turned off (and beeped thehorn) or just beeped the horn twice when it lost connection with your phone?

OP
OP

Beowoeulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
P

Much cheaper to dump the car than get a second fob.

Are you saying the car turned off (and beeped the horn) or just beeped the horn twice when it lost connection with your phone?
It lost connection and beeped 2x even though the phone was awake, on the wireless charger and the FordPass app was open (and has been granted all requested permissions), and wireless Android Auto continued to work.

Dealer explicitly told me it came with one FOB because of PaaK, so PaaK should work as consistently as a FOB and if it doesn't Ford should remedy the problem. This isn't early software anymore, the first ones were delivered 10 months ago, PaaK should work by now.

I've built and delivered software solutions for 25+ years, if anything my teams built only worked 75% of the time there'd be hell to pay.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag

This is exactly why I use paak; even in the earlier months of the year when it wasn't nearly as good as it is now (imo). I can't stand having keys on me, especially not things that are as thick as the fob. Yes you've got to have your phone on you and it is huge (not thick though) but I would have to have that on me anyway. Who gets the luxury of leaving the house without their cell and going off the grid? Haha.

Some folks get a second fob and keep it in their car in a faraday bag and lock it in there. That way you've got a backup if the paak refuses to work while also not having to worry about carrying a fob everywhere. Now how good is this for security? Hmm well if they knew where to find it in the car after breaking a window then it wouldn't be great I guess. Hide it well I suppose?

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
You define it how you want, I'll define it how I want. To me flawless is when I don't have to have a fob.
Naw man - if you have to regularly push the door button five or six times before it will open, have to enter the passcode several times a week, and get a lot of key not detected messages even while the car is running, those are flaws. That isnā€™t ā€œflawlessā€ by any reasonable definition. Thatā€™s ā€œI can live with itā€ which to each his own, but letā€™s call it like it is.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Naw man - if you have to regularly push the door button five or six times before it will open, have to enter the passcode several times a week, and get a lot of key not detected messages even while the car is running, those are flaws. That isnā€™t ā€œflawlessā€ by any reasonable definition. Thatā€™s ā€œI can live with itā€ which to each his own, but letā€™s call it like it is.
I don't have those issues. It would appear that different phone models may be a culprit.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I don't have those issues. It would appear that different phone models may be a culprit.
Thatā€™s surprising to me. Iā€™ve got a iPhone 11. It is about as mainstream as you can get. And it never seems to have issues with anything except PAAK.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Just curious cause I've been doing some investigating, how many of those who are having PAAK issues are on iPhones with Apple Watch and/or AirPods? I think there's some bluetooth connection issues in the way the iPhone handles connections that aren't first-party like apple accessories.
Sponsored