PaaK made me look like an ass

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
It works mostly fine for me as well, only issue is when my wife has her phone as key in car at same time, it’s like it briefly decides which one to use for a few seconds at startup then it’s fine again.
You are really brave having 2 PAAK’s activated!! Lol
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yes, you need to leave FordPass running in the background.
I have noticed that PAAK works much better when FP is open on my phone. It’s not supposed to require that, but it is a pretty good workaround.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Hey Ford, you really ought to provide owners 2 key fobs until PaaK "just works". Make your engineers only use PaaK until that is the case.

This morning I was using PaaK when dropping my daughter off as school and sitting lin line. My phone was awake and sitting on the wireless charging pad with FordPass app open, but suddenly the car decided I didn't have a key and it quickly honked 2x! So I quickly picked my phone, dismissed the are you driving notification, and hit the unlock button.

I'm now the asshole in a Mustang who honks while waiting in line.
I took my wife’s Premium AWD ER
to show the guys at work how nice it is. PaaK failed and I couldn’t start the car. I also looked like an ass and had to call my wife to rescue me with the keyfob. Now I know the importance of having a door code and backup key code.

OP
OP

Beowoeulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I took my wife’s Premium AWD ER
to show the guys at work how nice it is. PaaK failed and I couldn’t start the car. I also looked like an ass and had to call my wife to rescue me with the keyfob. Now I know the importance of having a door code and backup key code.
So sorry. I haven't taken it without the Fob since.

Ford hasn't rolled 1.7.1 to mine yet, maybe that will improve it, but imo PaaK isn't worth trying again until I get an update.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
So sorry. I haven't taken it without the Fob since.

Ford hasn't rolled 1.7.1 to mine yet, maybe that will improve it, but imo PaaK isn't worth trying again until I get an update.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but 1.7.1 doesn't have anything to do with PaaK per the release notes. It's purely Sync related.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PaaK made me look like an ass 1636130646139

rnswa

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Prem Mach-e -2016 Lex RX350 - 2004 Avalanche
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Sorry to burst your bubble, but 1.7.1 doesn't have anything to do with PaaK per the release notes. It's purely Sync related.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PaaK made me look like an ass 1636130646139

When I first got my Mache the PAAK worked well. Then they did a software update a few months a go and slowly PAAK stopped working consistently. It even got to the point that if I had the key fob on me it still wouldn't recognize it and I had to push the unlock button on the key fob to get to unlock. Last week I took it to the dealer and they installed software update 21B36. Since then PAAK has worked everytime. I will still get an occasional key not detected when I drive off but it quickly goes away. It is nice to have it working again.

PNW_Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2017 Tacoma TRD
Country flag
Each Android phone manufacturer customizes / tweaks the Android OS somewhat. I was using a OnePlus 7 when I purchased our Mach-E, which uses the "Oxygen" flavor of Android. I could get one OnePlus working but not the other. Wiped the phone and still no joy. Contacted Ford, they ended up escalating it to their Engineering Team. This was not a major phone, so Ford had not been testing it. Never heard a word back for over a month. We had asked for another key from our Dealer but that was no joy as well. Ended up buying an iPhone which has worked "most" of the time for PaaK. Still a bit sour over the 1 key issue. Ford contacted me a couple of weeks after I purchased a new phone saying the issue was to mitigated and to test it, but the phone was gone by then. My primary concern with a single key is loosing it (we have done that before), it can be quite expensive replacing a key without a working one. . Now on my 3rd and 4th recall, with the Sync not updating. At least we have a Mach-E, Sigh....

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I had this exact issue this morning, down to the detail of it being my kids’ school! At their elementary, there are different drop off lanes based on grades and the parents aren’t supposed to get out. The principal personally helps out in the K and 1st grade lane, since those kids are often still in car seats and need assistance getting unbuckled and their (relatively massive) backpacks on. She was at the car right in front of us. So it looked like I was honking at the principal! Lol. I might switch back to my fob.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
FWIW, our $60,000 Audi we got last month only came with one key fob due to “chip shortage”. They also didn’t install the wireless phone charger. We were told we would get a second fob for free eventually….but I’m not holding my breath.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I’ve been reading as much as I can about the MME since I ordered one in February. Mine will be here at the end of this month and I know I am thrilled they are providing 2 key fobs now. I won’t even set up PAAK as I have read so many issues with it.
Hmm. I hope you try it for yourself. It’s not perfect but it works. Keep in mind that there are ~60k MMEs in the wild. I never carry the fob.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Door, and start code (if the prompt will show up ….which it may not do….. randomly).
Never had any problems with PAAK beyond it occasionally not being fast enough for my impatient self. The start code prompt has never failed to come up either when I’ve tested it.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I like the convenience of not carrying a fob - just grab my phone and go. But I’m not a fan of my car honking because it can’t detect the key - when it’s my phone sitting right on the charging spot with ford pass open.
Sponsored