Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
You're seriously doing this over a holiday weekend when people are away from their home and rely on their vehicle???? You're joking right? Have you really thought about how ridiculous this sounds? What if there is an issue on your end and delays occur or something doesn't come back up properly?
It sounds like this will only affect NEW setup and config requiring communication to Ford Server.....

The way I read it, it *should not* affect existing PAAK configurations since the 'key info' resides in the MME, not in the cloud.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up.
Does this mean that PaaK does NOT have to “phone home” to work? How about the car password to start and operate the car? Does it have to “phone home” to work?
My understanding is that the MME does NOT 'phone home' for PAAK to work. virtual 'key' information is downloaded and stored on phones, and in the MME, during the initial configuration process.... Once set up, PAAK and BackupStartCode works fine in places with no cell and no wifi.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
You're seriously doing this over a holiday weekend when people are away from their home and rely on their vehicle???? You're joking right? Have you really thought about how ridiculous this sounds? What if there is an issue on your end and delays occur or something doesn't come back up properly?
Use. The. Regular. Key. Whiner…

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company should continue to use this forum to provide updates like this. An excellent update would be to explain exactly what the customer satisfaction update that just came out will improve/enhance.
I appreciate the heads up also, and it is definitely a step in the right direction. But there are plenty of other more direct avenues to reach their customers, as @DevSecOps points out. In addition to FP notifications Ford could maybe use the email addresses of Mach E customers as well?

I would agree that if it were me doing this I wouldn't have planned it over one of the busiest travel holidays in the entire year as a "just in case" scenario.

I would also think that this would best be pushed to FP via a notification or in car. There's thousands upon thousands of people who don't visit this forum who own MME's.

I do however appreciate the heads-up.
You guys just might be starting to learn the PaaK lesson Ford keeps trying to teach you.

It sounds like this will only affect NEW setup and config requiring communication to Ford Server.....

The way I read it, it *should not* affect existing PAAK configurations since the 'key info' resides in the MME, not in the cloud.
Uh-huh. And 3.35.0 wasn't supposed to break Paak either.

Look, I absolutely love my Mach E and it has never once let me down. I always carry a fob. Coincidence?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
First, thank you for the update and early notice.

Second, I have had an unplanned PaaK outage for the last two weeks after having it fixed back in August via a dealer update. I think it had something to do with an unsuccessful OTA update to 1.7.1. Sigh, and I was just getting comfortable with PaaK, too.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I know not to trust PAAK, never have and never will. Give me a 2nd key fob and I'll go away.

And I'm not whining...I'm being realistic. Admit your product is faulty and provide a reliable alternative.

LeonM

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach e (Delivered 11/8), 20 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Contracting Officer
Country flag
Thanks for the Heads-up!

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
We all know there are software gremlins in our vehicles. It should be reassuring when they announce they are working on things. Announcing things like this is what we need to hear. Being kept in the dark (mushroom management) leads some to think nobody cares if we think it's glitchy.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Bahaha well there goes Ford ever making an announcement ahead of time. Non-stop "don't do it during that time" even though you can now plan and carry a key if you're that worried and a bunch of other people saying mine hasn't worked, fix it, blah blah.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
My understanding is that the MME does NOT 'phone home' for PAAK to work. virtual 'key' information is downloaded and stored on phones, and in the MME, during the initial configuration process.... Once set up, PAAK and BackupStartCode works fine in places with no cell and no wifi.
Yes that’s correct but where is the conspiracy theory in that ?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Thank you for the update Ford. We love information like this. Please, continue to keep us in the loop.

I understand the way cloud based software works. This is nothing new for the technology. I'm glad they're working on it - we are all early adopters of a new-to-Ford tech and I'm ok with glitches as long as they improve over time.

And yeah, the 3.35 update definitely broke PaaK for me, which was working fine beforehand. I'm using the Fob for the first time ever since bringing it home in March.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thank you for the heads up....as I read it, seems that NEW PAAK set-ups won't be able to be done at this time (not a bid deal to existing PAAK users).

The bigger item for noticed might be the Plug and Share availability....so appreciate the update. Would be good to send a notice out through FordPass.
I've got an information in ford pass app yesterday