Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Makes me wish Ford had chosen to torture Lincoln owners for a year before rolling out Paak on the MachE.
Sponsored

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I wouldn't mind as much if the FOB wasn't as big and heavy as a real brick. It's easily the largest and bulkiest FOB I have ever seen.

BK2EV

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MachE AWD Premium ER, 2015 Challenger Hellcat
Country flag
PaaK is definitely available in the 2020 Lincoln Navigator. Not sure about other models

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If the Car Alarm on the Mach-E goes off - how do you silent the alarm using your phone?

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Open a door. That’s all I did when I left the dog inside today.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My alarm went off today for the first time. I was sitting in the car for awhile and when I opened the door the alarm went off. Later I was washing my windows and when I opened the door from the outside the alarm went off. Both times I used my Key Fob to silent the alarm. How do I silent it using my phone app?

StrWhtMME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Electric Focus. 21 MME Prm SR, 23 Maverick
Country flag
Well it's not working. First time trying to use the car with just the iphone, I approved the car with only the phone, opened the door with the button, fine, and the car alarm went off when I got in. Asking for the FOB. The alarm wound not shut off until I went and got the FOB in the house and pushed the alarm button on that. So total failure. Imagine if this happened out somewhere when the FOB is at home. Not good.

They should just entirely disable this PAAK feature until thgey can get it fool proof. For now this is useless and unsafe!
Reading all the issues with PAAK, I'm a little for when my vehicle arrives next month. I have watched the attached video 3 times about PAAK, lots of steps. I'm wondering, is everyone going thru the proper steps? PAAK Video below

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...5DF0479B2F250B51246B5DF&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
My alarm went off today for the first time. I was sitting in the car for awhile and when I opened the door the alarm went off. Later I was washing my windows and when I opened the door from the outside the alarm went off. Both times I used my Key Fob to silent the alarm. How do I silent it using my phone app?
I have to open the app and unlock the car.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I got my car mid-Feb and setting up Paak wasnt even an option in my Ford Pass...took about three weeks for them to push some sort of fix to my account and all of a sudden, PaaK set up appeared!

Easy to set up on my iphone and now it works great - 100% of the time it unlocks the doors when I approach - then its 50% of the time the car is able to start with PaaK - half the time after I unlock with PaaK, the dash says key not present...so I start the car with the backup code - which works great by the way...so I would say it is buggy...I think the first OTA will be a major bug fix vs. new features for sure!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I got my car mid-Feb and setting up Paak wasnt even an option in my Ford Pass...took about three weeks for them to push some sort of fix to my account and all of a sudden, PaaK set up appeared!

Easy to set up on my iphone and now it works great - 100% of the time it unlocks the doors when I approach - then its 50% of the time the car is able to start with PaaK - half the time after I unlock with PaaK, the dash says key not present...so I start the car with the backup code - which works great by the way...so I would say it is buggy...I think the first OTA will be a major bug fix vs. new features for sure!
I've found that you need to place the phone on the wireless mat to ensure it's detected reliably.

that said, when I enter with my phone and I get the message, I'm never prompted for the backup passcode (though I have one set). Do you get prompted immediately to enter it ?

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Does anyone else get a long delay sometimes when pressing the lock button under the drivers door code numbers. My rear door lock symbol works instantly, but the drivers door one has a delay. I know it gets the touches because once it does work, if you keep touching it it flashes each time.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I set off the alarm by reaching into through an open window.

To stop the honking, I just entered my pin code on the b-pillar and it stopped.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
I was told by my dealer that PAAK is now on hold till April? The car won't allow me to set it up. Fails each time. Anyone know of this? I had not heard anything else about this.
I honeslty think the dealer and ford help lines don't know enough about this to help. For the last few days my PAAk would not work. Deleted the key and tried to recreate it and it would not work. Tried it a number of times, even drove away from the house so wifi does not interfere no luck. I finally ended up calling the number on the app when it fails to download the key. THey were of no help and said to call another number but during the week. Then I looked up ho to reset the PAAK. You have to click on the car icon, click settings, click general, select reset, click reset all PAAK. After I did that succesfully I was able to recreate everything and now it works like a charm (I use an iphone12pro). I was reading in the forums that people are deletign and reinstallign the app etc... all you have to do is reset the PAAK and it clears everything out. Hope this helps someone

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
So I flash ROMs (that's what they're called, they're actually customized operating systems based on Android's latest monthly release for a given phone) for fun. From a couple a day to several times a month, this means I will therefore have to set up PAAK and wireless AA anew repeatedly (by choice -- yeah, it's a sickness!). Maybe this information might be useful for someone who's never successfully done so before.

So here's what I do for my OnePlus phone on Android 10/11, the steps are done in order:
After ROM flash, to PAAK and AA:
- Delete all previous PAAK
- Uninstall FordPass on phone
- Disable or uninstall AA (Settings>Apps>Android Auto>Disable)
- get in car, start it
- pair BT with car first
- turn off car, get out
- Install FordPass app on phone
- start PAAK setup within FordPass app
- when prompted, get into car with fob, but don't start car
- continue PAAK setup, click "pair & connect" phone notifications, enter temporary passcode. Finish up within app
- start car, click on the car display notification to continue PAAK and enter backup start car password. When finished, turn off the car
- enable or install AA on phone (Settings>Apps>Android Auto>Enable)
- tap version repeatedly in AA settings to unlock developer settings
- enter developer settings and tick on wireless AA in dev settings, also ensure it's checked on AA regular settings
- turn on the car, connect AA on car screen and follow setup prompts. Had to click allow permissions on phone screen and then AA could start on the car display ...

Good luck!

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
So I flash ROMs (that's what they're called, they're actually customized operating systems based on Android's latest monthly release for a given phone) for fun. From a couple a day to several times a month, this means I will therefore have to set up PAAK and wireless AA anew repeatedly (by choice -- yeah, it's a sickness!). Maybe this information might be useful for someone who's never successfully done so before.

So here's what I do for my OnePlus phone on Android 10/11, the steps are done in order:
After ROM flash, to PAAK and AA:
- Delete all previous PAAK
- Uninstall FordPass on phone
- Disable or uninstall AA (Settings>Apps>Android Auto>Disable)
- get in car, start it
- pair BT with car first
- turn off car, get out
- Install FordPass app on phone
- start PAAK setup within FordPass app
- when prompted, get into car with fob, but don't start car
- continue PAAK setup, click "pair & connect" phone notifications, enter temporary passcode. Finish up within app
- start car, click on the car display notification to continue PAAK and enter backup start car password. When finished, turn off the car
- enable or install AA on phone (Settings>Apps>Android Auto>Enable)
- tap version repeatedly in AA settings to unlock developer settings
- enter developer settings and tick on wireless AA in dev settings, also ensure it's checked on AA regular settings
- turn on the car, connect AA on car screen and follow setup prompts. Had to click allow permissions on phone screen and then AA could start on the car display ...

Good luck!
This is precisely what I was looking for in my other thread. After this when do we enable comnected services on the ford site and add the home for the charging schedule.
Sponsored