Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Reading all the issues with PAAK, I'm a little for when my vehicle arrives next month. I have watched the attached video 3 times about PAAK, lots of steps. I'm wondering, is everyone going thru the proper steps? PAAK Video below

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...5DF0479B2F250B51246B5DF&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
I've had my car for almost a month. Have used PAAK since day one. I just set it up through the app as instructed. I never take the FOB. No issues. I don't know if it's my phone or what (Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Android 11). But mine works as intended. Don't worry about it. If it's not fixed by the time you take the car it will be in the not too distant future.
Sponsored

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
@kdryden99, I would say you only need to do that part once. That part of your user account doesn't appear to be affected by PAAK or wireless AA.
Based on my experience of all my PHONE shenanigans, I've never had to make any changes on the Ford website itself. Connected services and charging schedule have not been affected.

BTW, I've read Dryden's "The Game"...

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
My premium also will intermittently connect to android auto wirelessly, but seems to aways connect if corded. When it is wirelessly connected, the audio goes in and out and is unlistenable. Car just picked up April 30th, so all updates should be current. Phone is a Samsung s21 with most current android auto update. Not sure what to do. Not sure dealer service will be of any help. Is there a way to contact ford or Google about this?

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My premium also will intermittently connect to android auto wirelessly, but seems to aways connect if corded. When it is wirelessly connected, the audio goes in and out and is unlistenable. Car just picked up April 30th, so all updates should be current. Phone is a Samsung s21 with most current android auto update. Not sure what to do. Not sure dealer service will be of any help. Is there a way to contact ford or Google about this?
I am driving a demo right now and have the same issue. Weird thing is, at times, it will work perfectly, then it'll start cutting out. At one point it was cutting out every second. I'd like to blame Ford for this, but it's probably a Google issue. It gave me a bit of pause, since wireless AA is a very important part of what I want in a car.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
I am driving a demo right now and have the same issue. Weird thing is, at times, it will work perfectly, then it'll start cutting out. At one point it was cutting out every second. I'd like to blame Ford for this, but it's probably a Google issue. It gave me a bit of pause, since wireless AA is a very important part of what I want in a car.
The low-tech workaround is to bypass AA and Bluetooth completely by copying your music library to a USB drive and plugging that into an unused USB port (there's 4 to my knowledge in the Mach E)...

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The low-tech workaround is to bypass AA and Bluetooth completely by copying your music library to a USB drive and plugging that into an unused USB port (there's 4 to my knowledge in the Mach E)...
as long as you don't need to scroll while driving to find your songs

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oofah ... all my music is currently streaming :) Funny how not 10 years ago, that wouldn't be considered a low-tech solution.

Weird thing is, I just sat out in the driveway messing with the car while listening to YouTube music via wireless AA, and for that 15 minutes, not a single skip. But surely when I take it out for a drive, it'll skip.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
as long as you don't need to scroll while driving to find your songs
I'm with you on that -- that Ford restriction is annoying as all heck. Neither Audi or BMW had that limitation on their UI.
Here's how I deal:
Even with AA running, I can verbally access the USB drive using Ford Sync (a short tap [as opposed to Google Assistant's long-press] on the voice assistant steering wheel button) and say "Play the album The Joshua Tree" or "Play the song With or Without You".
What I cannot do is access the USB drive's directory tree or folders using Ford Sync voice commands, which is also absolutely annoying.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
The rear 2 are for power only, I believe.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I may have a found a (hopefully temporary) solution for the music dropouts when using wireless Android Auto, though I wish it was a better solution. I am not sure what streaming app you are using, but I use YouTube Music, and I went into the settings and changed the streaming quality from "Normal" to "Low" (the only other option below "Normal" for me) when using mobile data yesterday and it didn't drop out once. I don't really notice a difference in quality, if there was it was minimal, but you might if you drop your app streaming quality down.

I guess either Android Auto or the Mach-E software is choking on the high bitrate wirelessly when you have it set to Normal. It still beats having to plug in the phone.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Where the hell is this update it's almost June.

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
Exclusively use my paak (don't even carry the key fob). Works reliably. And my Apple phone (11) streams uninterrupted music via bluetooth. No plugging in my phone. Sounds like i am just lucky.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
After all the latest iOS and Ford app and Mach e ota updates, my iPhone, paak, and wireless CarPlay are working extremely well. Very reliable.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Exclusively use my paak (don't even carry the key fob). Works reliably. And my Apple phone (11) streams uninterrupted music via bluetooth. No plugging in my phone. Sounds like i am just lucky.
Same for me. Forums threads that have posts about how everything works just as it's supposed to would be really boring though.

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
glad it works for you, but not consistent with android auto for me. seems random!
Sponsored