gpete

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition RR
Country flag
Ok, so I am setup in Ford Pass App, but apparently there is another step I need to do to get PAAK setup? There's a line in Ford Pass that says Phone as a Key, but all it says is Setup Required. When I press on that, I get a screen that says no phones setup and then a popup list that says the request failed.
Any idea what steps I missed and how I can make it work?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ok, so I am setup in Ford Pass App, but apparently there is another step I need to do to get PAAK setup? There's a line in Ford Pass that says Phone as a Key, but all it says is Setup Required. When I press on that, I get a screen that says no phones setup and then a popup list that says the request failed.
Pull up the car manual section on setting up PAAK. If you follow the steps and they fail, try deleting and reinstalling the app on your phone and starting again.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I have the same issue as you. I don't have this circled option to even set up Phone as a Key. It's as if it thinks I'm outside of the US???
Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK  setup 1613314576812

OP
OP

gpete

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition RR
Country flag
I tried uninstall/reinstall app, but that did not help. Only other option I can see is to delete and re-add the vehicle.

OP
OP

gpete

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition RR
Country flag
Pull up the car manual section on setting up PAAK. If you follow the steps and they fail, try deleting and reinstalling the app on your phone and starting again.
The manual is no help. It just says to follow prompts on app.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did a master reset twice in the car and still nothing.

OP
OP

gpete

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition RR
Country flag
Dave, Glad yours is sorted. I have the feeling that I am not "fully" activated somehow. I have notifications in the app (in order from oldest to newest) - 1. Vehicle Authorization complete. 2. Your connected built-in navigation is active. 3. We noticed you haven't linked your vehicle.

On the home page, my app shows a "remote vehicle setup" card at the bottom, where your screen cap above showed "Welcome" and "Smart Tip" cards.

Curious if you tried to delete and re-add your Mach E to your account?
No idea if it matters, but if I go to owner.ford.com - I have no vehicles. (I didn't order the car but was lucky enough to snag a dealer stock order.)

I'm not pulling the car back out of the garage to retry the activation until it warms up. :)

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I removed the vehicle and added back several times. Did a few master resets. Uninstalled the app. Tried on another phone. Logged off.

Nothing worked until I had an iPhone user as my vehicle. It's like it "Unstuck" something.

Also, I bought from dealer stock so the Mach-e tied to my Ford reservations is no longer mine. Dealer will get it.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I have heard this as a solution for few fordpass issues - does uninstalling the app require you to go through the fordpass sync with the car again? Also - I downloaded the fordpass app last year, well before my car was built - so I can understand if I need to address the app - but my wife installed the app the day we picked up the car, and she didn't receive a PaaK set-up link either??? Also, in my fordpass, I can't control windows/lights/horn - only start and lock/unlock - so ??

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I have heard this as a solution for few fordpass issues - does uninstalling the app require you to go through the fordpass sync with the car again?
Short answer is yes but it takes just a couple of minutes. Delete and reinstall the app. Sign into your Ford account using your email and password. Now go to (I think it is in the manual you can access in the car) Settings/General/Reset. Reset the PAAKs, which will delete both.

Now enable PAAK from FordPass. You will have to reset the entry code and the backup start code, though you can use the existing backup code, which would be my suggestion.

If your wife signed up under her own account she would need a separate email and password. The process would be the same for her as for you EXCEPT that you should be asked for permission to add her. Once added she can add others.

Again this sounds a lot worse than it is. For sure takes less than five minutes assuming you don't get lost in the menus trying to find Reset. ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have heard this as a solution for few fordpass issues - does uninstalling the app require you to go through the fordpass sync with the car again?
yes

Also - I downloaded the fordpass app last year, well before my car was built - so I can understand if I need to address the app - but my wife installed the app the day we picked up the car, and she didn't receive a PaaK set-up link either???
It’s a screen in the app.

Also, in my fordpass, I can't control windows/lights/horn - only start and lock/unlock - so ??
Neither did mine until the app was finally set up properly. Now it does.

OP
OP

gpete

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition RR
Country flag
So, how could I have set up the app wrong? I created an account. Added the vehicle via VIN barcode on sticker, waited for the acitvation code on the car display. Got confirmation in the app. There are no prompts to follow to setup PAAK.

Uninstalling the app does not remove your login or the vehicle. When you reinstall the app and login, the vehicle will still be there because it is stored on the ford site.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK  setup Screenshot_20210215-180452_FordPass
Sponsored