Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
After a few days using PaaK and walking away from my car at the store, at daycare, and at the office, I had a paranoid moment and wanted to confirm it was locking the doors. I just left my phone on my desk and walked to the car to try it—and it was fully unlocked! When I was using the fob, it was locking automatically for sure without touching the button because the horn beeped when I walked away (I had to turn THAT off).

Should PaaK lock automatically too, or is there a setting I need to enable? I don’t really want to fish for my phone, navigate to the app, and then click the lock button every time. Holding the bottom two numbers on the keypad works too, but that ignores my “no fold” setting and folds the mirrors every time.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Every once in a while, the walk away lock feature will not detect the PAAK or fob moving away and the car will just go to sleep. I always check to see if the mirrors fold before getting too far away. I also live in an area where having an unlocked car at home is the norm, so it’s not really a problem at home.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
The best thing I can tell you is to go to the dealer and have them install the software update SSM for Paak. It's not available via OTA and it made A HUGE difference for me.

Now Paak works every time. A little slow sometimes but it went from unusable to useable. Plus after the update my phone now gives me walk away lock notifications so I can be sure it locked

OP
OP
Colorider

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
The best thing I can tell you is to go to the dealer and have them install the software update SSM for Paak. It's not available via OTA and it made A HUGE difference for me.

Now Paak works every time. A little slow sometimes but it went from unusable to useable. Plus after the update my phone now gives me walk away lock notifications so I can be sure it locked
Thanks for the tip! I will do that ASAP. PaaK has been extremely frustrating for me — the one big blemish on myexperience so far!

update: the service department has never heard of an SSM update and they see my car as “up to date” which it SHOULD be—I have only had it for a week. I made an appointment for next week to have them try to improve things.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thanks for the tip! I will do that ASAP. PaaK has been extremely frustrating for me — the one big blemish on myexperience so far!

update: the service department has never heard of an SSM update and they see my car as “up to date” which it SHOULD be—I have only had it for a week. I made an appointment for next week to have them try to improve things.
Here's the ssm:

SSM 49730 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - April 9, 2021 - Phone As A Key Concerns Of Bluetooth Disconnected, UnableTo Start, Backup Code Needed And/Or Key Not Detected

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit phone as a key concerns of Bluetooth disconnected, unable to start, backup code needed and/or key not detected. This may be due to the software configuration in the remote function actuator module (RFA). To correct the condition, reprogram the RFA module using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 14G617 and M-time.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag

Yeah the dead giveaway is the notification for walk away lock. If you don't get that your car isn't up to date

OP
OP
Colorider

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
Thank you both! Having that number will be a big help! I will post back next week after I get this applied!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
After a few days using PaaK and walking away from my car at the store, at daycare, and at the office, I had a paranoid moment and wanted to confirm it was locking the doors. I just left my phone on my desk and walked to the car to try it—and it was fully unlocked! When I was using the fob, it was locking automatically for sure without touching the button because the horn beeped when I walked away (I had to turn THAT off).

Should PaaK lock automatically too, or is there a setting I need to enable? I don’t really want to fish for my phone, navigate to the app, and then click the lock button every time. Holding the bottom two numbers on the keypad works too, but that ignores my “no fold” setting and folds the mirrors every time.

Thanks!
Yes. If the vehicle locks when you walk away with the fob then it should do the same with PaaK.

However, the vehicle is supposed to unlock and start with PaaK and that doesn't really work all that well either. PaaK hasn't worked reliably for me either way. Lock, unlock or starting the car. I have to use the fob exclusively.
Sponsored