andyg53

Member
First Name
Andy
Joined
Jul 5, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Location
33037
Vehicles
Bolt, Expedition, Corvette, Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Please forgive me if this was already mentioned but I did not read through 12 pages of comments. My Fordpass notification says that a power-up software update will be available later this year OR if you're impatient, you can get it done sooner at the dealer. MY PAAK is not perfect but it's not that bad that I need to waste time going to the dealer, unless there is some advantage to going to the service department. Is there?
Advertisement

 

zhackwyatt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
2,256
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Please forgive me if this was already mentioned but I did not read through 12 pages of comments. My Fordpass notification says that a power-up software update will be available later this year OR if you're impatient, you can get it done sooner at the dealer. MY PAAK is not perfect but it's not that bad that I need to waste time going to the dealer, unless there is some advantage to going to the service department. Is there?
The advantage is getting the update sooner rather than later. The disadvantage is spending some time dropping the car off at a dealer, etc.
 

ChasingCoral

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
8,939
Reaction score
17,817
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I got to the dealer at 8:30 am and left after 12 Noon. Unbelievable as I assumed it would 90 minutes at the most. Hope no one else encounters such delays. Service tech not the friendliest either even though I kept quiet for 2 hours with no information on the update.
8:30-12:00 seems like a pretty quick job based on the way most dealership service goes.
 

lwilliams0514

Well-Known Member
First Name
Lashawn
Joined
Sep 16, 2020
Messages
91
Reaction score
187
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Vehicles
2016 Ford CMAX Energi 2014 Ford Fusion SE
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Whelp we will see how paak improves. On my way to dealership now…. They just performed the recall this morning. Will put key in faraday bag and see if it works better :)
 

Mojuba

Active Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jan 28, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
29
Location
Huntington Beach
Vehicles
Reserved Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I just got the update and used PAAK as my primary key (while waiting on another repair). So far, with just one day of it, it appears to work well. The puddle lights appear as I approach the vehicle after a few tests, and this is something I hadn't seen before. While it's only a day worth of testing, with an iPhone 11, it appears to be a solid fix.
 

Ford Motor Company

Well-Known Member
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Joined
May 10, 2021
Messages
139
Reaction score
828
Location
Dearborn, MI
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Thank you, Mike! Just to clarify, when did you first start receiving the "walk away lock" notification and how many times (approximately) have you gotten this notification?
Drew
Ford Social Media Team
 

mrgoofy45

New Member
First Name
Wayne
Joined
Feb 27, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
6
Location
94509
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan Muano
Occupation
Healthcare Worker
Country flag
Well they broke your car so they should program it and fix your car
My wife's phone never worked, with paak, so I ordered an OEM key fob, from a reseller, for $98. There was no way that I was going to give Ford $500, for a 2nd keyfob, considering, until the Mach-E came along, you always got two fobs, and if you needed a replacement, they sure weren't $500! Anyway, I made an appointment, with Ford service, to get the keyfob programed, for $200. There was no pushback, from them, and it was finished, in less than an hour. However, I still feel we should have gotten two keyfobs for a $56,000 vehicle. I think they could have afforded to give us another.
 

dbsb3233

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Dec 30, 2019
Messages
6,592
Reaction score
7,282
Location
Colorado, USA
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE Red, 2013 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My wife's phone never worked, with paak, so I ordered an OEM key fob, from a reseller, for $98. There was no way that I was going to give Ford $500, for a 2nd keyfob, considering, until the Mach-E came along, you always got two fobs, and if you needed a replacement, they sure weren't $500! Anyway, I made an appointment, with Ford service, to get the keyfob programed, for $200. There was no pushback, from them, and it was finished, in less than an hour. However, I still feel we should have gotten two keyfobs for a $56,000 vehicle. I think they could have afforded to give us another.
I got a 2nd fob months ago. Payed about $85 for it, and the dealer charged $75 to program it. I wouldn't pay $500, but $160 was worth it.

Agree that Ford screwed up by not including 2 fobs, especially since it was unproven tech for them. First year should have been 2 fobs and be the proving year for PAAK. Then consider dropping to 1 fob in year 2 if it's proving to work well.
 

highland58

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
785
Reaction score
999
Location
Seattle area
Vehicles
2021 RR First Edition, 2016 Nissan LEAF, F250 Fx4
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I have my second fob now, it is very similar to the original but not exact. I'm not sure whether I should get it done at the dealer - $75 and a 40-50 minutes round trip twice since they want it for a half day - or a locksmith. There is a locksmith shop not far away - a mom and pop place that gets good reviews - $100 and an hour wait. I know I can have somebody come out but they probably charge more and operate out of their garage. The locksmith said if it does not work there is no refund, but I'm guessing that is the case anywhere since I bought it online.
 

Illinibird

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
1,085
Location
Frankfort Illinois
Vehicles
2015 Acura MDX; 2016 Fusion Hybrid; 2021 MME
Occupation
retired Endodontist (root canal specialist) and Clinical Assistant Professor
Country flag
My wife's phone never worked, with paak, so I ordered an OEM key fob, from a reseller, for $98. There was no way that I was going to give Ford $500, for a 2nd keyfob, considering, until the Mach-E came along, you always got two fobs, and if you needed a replacement, they sure weren't $500! Anyway, I made an appointment, with Ford service, to get the keyfob programed, for $200. There was no pushback, from them, and it was finished, in less than an hour. However, I still feel we should have gotten two keyfobs for a $56,000 vehicle. I think they could have afforded to give us another.
I got my second key FOB for around $92 from Keys and Remotes or something like that if I'm remembering correctly (they raised their prices after I ordered.. There was a Veterans discount so it could have been in the $80's. The dealer charged me $75 to program it.
 

dbsb3233

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Dec 30, 2019
Messages
6,592
Reaction score
7,282
Location
Colorado, USA
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE Red, 2013 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have my second fob now, it is very similar to the original but not exact. I'm not sure whether I should get it done at the dealer - $75 and a 40-50 minutes round trip twice since they want it for a half day - or a locksmith. There is a locksmith shop not far away - a mom and pop place that gets good reviews - $100 and an hour wait. I know I can have somebody come out but they probably charge more and operate out of their garage. The locksmith said if it does not work there is no refund, but I'm guessing that is the case anywhere since I bought it online.
I'd go dealer. There were some reports of people trying locksmiths, only to find they didn't have the right equipment to program the Mach-E fob.
 

ERIC8585

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Jun 9, 2021
Messages
155
Reaction score
81
Location
CA
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
My wife's phone never worked, with paak, so I ordered an OEM key fob, from a reseller, for $98. There was no way that I was going to give Ford $500, for a 2nd keyfob, considering, until the Mach-E came along, you always got two fobs, and if you needed a replacement, they sure weren't $500! Anyway, I made an appointment, with Ford service, to get the keyfob programed, for $200. There was no pushback, from them, and it was finished, in less than an hour. However, I still feel we should have gotten two keyfobs for a $56,000 vehicle. I think they could have afforded to give us another.
$200 to program? Jesus. Looks like you're In the bay area so figures. I might cancel the f150 lightning because of this crap
 

HI Yo Silver

Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
9
Location
Kailua, Hawaii
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E RWD Premium
Country flag
As many of you know this CSP was released recently. Here is the full info released to dealers. I started a new thread so this info wouldn’t get buried.


962D480B-19A0-4319-869B-57EA52DC6B41.jpeg

CEC4EB6B-3841-46D6-9569-BC6ED323229C.jpeg


My PAAK works 95% of the time, then the other 5% it just doesn’t work at all. I’ve made the appointment so hopefully this solves those issues.
As many of you know this CSP was released recently. Here is the full info released to dealers. I started a new thread so this info wouldn’t get buried.


962D480B-19A0-4319-869B-57EA52DC6B41.jpeg

CEC4EB6B-3841-46D6-9569-BC6ED323229C.jpeg


My PAAK works 95% of the time, then the other 5% it just doesn’t work at all. I’ve made the appointment so hopefully this solves those issues.
 

HI Yo Silver

Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
9
Location
Kailua, Hawaii
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E RWD Premium
Country flag
As many of you know this CSP was released recently. Here is the full info released to dealers. I started a new thread so this info wouldn’t get buried.


962D480B-19A0-4319-869B-57EA52DC6B41.jpeg

CEC4EB6B-3841-46D6-9569-BC6ED323229C.jpeg


My PAAK works 95% of the time, then the other 5% it just doesn’t work at all. I’ve made the appointment so hopefully this solves those issues.

Just had the update done for the PAAK issue at my local dealer yesterday. Took about an hour and fixed the sporadic and sometimes frustrating PAAK issues I was having.

Previously was having issues with PAAK just about every day to some extent.
Delayed unlock, no unlock, no key detected- no start, no key detected -while driving, rear lift gate kick to open sporadically working…

All the above issues seem to have been resolved after the update.
 

Fusionblu

Member
Joined
May 25, 2021
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Location
USA
Vehicles
Ford Mach~E, Kia Telluride, BMW 335i
Occupation
IT fiddler
Country flag
Update -
My PAAK update was done last week and it didn't work as expected.
Rebooted, reinstalled the keys after deleting them couple of times. Everything works now as its supposed it. No issues.
The only thing I observed is that the Lane Keep assist steering vibration does not work at all. Not sure if this is related to any other update or it was never working.
PAAK issue sorted out though.
 
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Top