TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You think it is just cabin conditioning and nothing related to the BMS is going on?
No, that isn't what I meant. I was simply telling him the difference between what PAAK does and what the FP app buttons do. He seemed to be confusing them by thinking PAAK was semi-working because the app unlock button worked, but I don't think that's PAAK.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, that isn't what I meant. I was simply telling him the difference between what PAAK does and what the FP app buttons do. He seemed to be confusing them by thinking PAAK was semi-working because the app unlock button worked, but I don't think that's PAAK.
The way I understand it is Paak is phone as a key and is basically what your fob does with a few extras (windows and remote start). Some can get the word processor and the OS mixed up and it is difficult for them to distinguish the difference. FP can be installed and paak not. The functionality you get after paak is successfully installed into FP is paak. I did catch that is what you were explaining but that was not my question.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The way I understand it is Paak is phone as a key and is basically what your fob does with a few extras (windows and remote start). Some can get the word processor and the OS mixed up and it is difficult for them to distinguish the difference. FP can be installed and paak not. The functionality you get after paak is successfully installed into FP is paak. I did catch that is what you were explaining but that was not my question.
As I understand it, the main difference is FP uses cell data (so it can work from any distance), and PAAK uses bluetooth (thus short proximity).

As to the cause of the PAAK issues occurring, I have no idea.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You think it is just cabin conditioning and nothing related to the BMS is going on?

Yes no way of turning it off that I can see. I think just alert has gotten rid of the shaky front end for me. When I test drove it I thought something was wrong with the front end of the car till I realized it did not like my test driving style. Off would be good but limited seems to work also. It kicks back in when cruise lane centering is on. If you try to merge back in after a passing lane on a two way highway without your signal light first you get the shaky front end.
Use the steering wheel button to turn lane keeping on or off. The button is just to the left of the horn.

While in cruise control, the same button turns lane centering on and off (if you've enabled lane centering in settings).

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Took my car to the dealer yesterday to get the Paak software updated. I started to regret it after seeing so many issues in this thread, but luckily the update went through without any issues. Took a little over an hour.

SoCalPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Country flag
Haven't been around much lately, too busy working unfortunately. Insideevs had a link to these YouTubers who are claiming the dealer said that fixing PaaK would brick the car? I thought the SW update for this was pretty simple. I'll have to go back and check the last few pages. They also said the charge port door was randomly opening and closing, and also Carplay issues. So it does all sound like just software problems.

SCPony

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Haven't been around much lately, too busy working unfortunately. Insideevs had a link to these YouTubers who are claiming the dealer said that fixing PaaK would brick the car? I thought the SW update for this was pretty simple. I'll have to go back and check the last few pages. They also said the charge port door was randomly opening and closing, and also Carplay issues. So it does all sound like just software problems.

SCPony
Except the charge port door. I don't think there's any electronic release for it (beyond a manual push). Only an electronic status detection.

Seems like just a too-weak latch on some of them, that wind/air pressure might pop open. I've never had it happen, but there are quite a few reports of people experiencing it.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have my second fob now, it is very similar to the original but not exact. I'm not sure whether I should get it done at the dealer - $75 and a 40-50 minutes round trip twice since they want it for a half day - or a locksmith. There is a locksmith shop not far away - a mom and pop place that gets good reviews - $100 and an hour wait. I know I can have somebody come out but they probably charge more and operate out of their garage. The locksmith said if it does not work there is no refund, but I'm guessing that is the case anywhere since I bought it online.
As has been posted before, locksmith should know better. Our local top rated locksmith said that for the MME, only the Dealers have the proper equipment and software from Ford - and some even know how to use them.

SMDJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Linclon, VW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Trying to get resolved on my wife's car, but dealer has only one service tech and apparently he is busy till Aug. 2, 2021. At least they can get to it this year! Also has a problem with being locked out. with the key in the car, so PAAK is really needed.
Sponsored