breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
As many of you know this CSP was released recently. Here is the full info released to dealers. I started a new thread so this info wouldn’t get buried.

962D480B-19A0-4319-869B-57EA52DC6B41.jpeg

CEC4EB6B-3841-46D6-9569-BC6ED323229C.jpeg

My PAAK works 95% of the time, then the other 5% it just doesn’t work at all. I’ve made the appointment so hopefully this solves those issues.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
As many of you know this CSP was released recently. Here is the full info released to dealers. I started a new thread so this info wouldn’t get buried.

962D480B-19A0-4319-869B-57EA52DC6B41.jpeg

CEC4EB6B-3841-46D6-9569-BC6ED323229C.jpeg

My PAAK works 95% of the time, then the other 5% it just doesn’t work at all. I’ve made the appointment so hopefully this solves those issues.
Do you know if this is a replacement for the 2 different SSMs associated with Paak or should we ask that this and the SSMs be done?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Do you know if this is a replacement for the 2 different SSMs associated with Paak or should we ask that this and the SSMs be done?
Most likely this superceeds them. If you are reprogramming a module with newer software than the SSM, then they don’t apply anymore

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Why no OTA for this?
My guess would be due to the nature of the involved software...you know, the bits that tell your car what is and isn't a valid key. I could definitely be wrong, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the notice in FordPass to bring it in.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Interesting step requiring hooking up 12v charger first. I wonder if this is SOP for all updates. Perhaps a precaution on losing charge or maybe required for the update to process?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Interesting step requiring hooking up 12v charger first. I wonder if this is SOP for all updates. Perhaps a precaution on losing charge or maybe required for the update to process?
It's common for most of the updates. I think it's just a precaution to make sure the car doesn't go to sleep in the middle of an update.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
It's because the 12v batteries fail so often! I'm going to go into hiding now.... Sorry, had to.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
It's common for most of the updates. I think it's just a precaution to make sure the car doesn't go to sleep in the middle of an update.
The flashes typically take a long time, and the tech might not normally check 12v battery health, and you likely will brick the module if you have a low voltage/no voltage event during the flash.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Why no OTA for this?
Ford just isn’t comfortable doing OTAs for all modules yet. I don’t think they have the GWM software right to flash modules. This time next year I think we’ll see 99% of the updates OTA.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
My PAAK was around 90% success early on, often it was fine and then get funky for short spurts. However, after about two months its about 40% success, and never works on first try. 40% only includes opening the Ford APP and waiting. The other 60% failures are when even that wont work.

I'll be scheduling for this update.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The flashes typically take a long time, and the tech might not normally check 12v battery health, and you likely will brick the module if you have a low voltage/no voltage event during the flash.
What about flashing modules while plugged into a L1/L2 EVSE? The car can condition the 12V battery during a charge session. And this is a more typical scenario for eventual OTA updates.

Maybe that's an unsafe approach for dealer service techs since they may be doing other work on the vehicle and needing to disconnect the HV battery? But most of the time they're doing one thing at a time (or at least, they are billing customers or Ford as though they only do one thing at a time).

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Scheduled!! But so far not really having issues.
Sponsored