ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
Thank you all. I feel better now. My advice for anyone who has not gotten the update is, “Don’t do it!” It can wait—better to wait with your MME than without it! ?
Yeah I don't want them ripping apart the panels to get at the battery either. Whoever worked on my Honda didn't put half the clips back on.
Sponsored

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
Thanks! 1985.5
1623949024227.png
Wow, she's in excellent condition! We had a few Thunderbird Turbo Coupes when I was a lad. Also several 5.0Ls, 2 in '86. A GT convertible and an LX coupe. My dad had a red 89 LX 5.0L when I was 16, when I got my license he replaced it with a Mercury Tracer wagon...

JBB_JD

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 22 Escape Hy, 20 Fusion Hy, 20 Escape
Country flag
Just dropped Venom off for this update. The service department said there 10 'updates' so all day. I had problems with PaaK until the app update earlier this week. I will see if performance stays good after this service visit.
Took 1.5 hours over lunch so not a huge time hole.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you all. I feel better now. My advice for anyone who has not gotten the update is, “Don’t do it!” It can wait—better to wait with your MME than without it! ?
I'll be waiting for the OTA. I don't use PAAK anyway. Bought a 2nd fob instead.

There's enough quirks on this car as it is. I don't need to add another to deal with by activating PAAK when I'm fine carrying a trusty fob like always.

No matter how good the Ford bluetooth/PAAK may be, it's still only as good as the cell phone bluetooth. And cell phone bluetooth is notoriously inconsistent from phone to phone.

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had made an appointment with my Dealer Service Department for tomorrow. Now that I've seen the 3 very bad results reports, and no good results reports, I called them to ask some questions.

My Service person said that she has not seen any other vehicle come in for this service. We talked about the relative newness of this situation, and their lack of experience to tell me about how well or poorly this might go. Finally, due to the fact that I have never activated or attempted to use PAAK, and since I've been lucky so far with no problems to speak of with my MME, I cancelled the appointment. Since I'm not using PAAK, why take a risk that the software update will cause me problems that the Dealer may not know how to fix?

I may just be a scaredy-pants, but like I said, I've had no real problems at all so far, so why take the risk?

smp

Last edited:

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
Wow, she's in excellent condition! We had a few Thunderbird Turbo Coupes when I was a lad. Also several 5.0Ls, 2 in '86. A GT convertible and an LX coupe. My dad had a red 89 LX 5.0L when I was 16, when I got my license he replaced it with a Mercury Tracer wagon...
Awesome. My father retired from Lorain Assembly where they made the TurboCoupe. He had several Fox Bodies growing up. I have 2 Fox Bodies now, but want more lol

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
Awesome. My father retired from Lorain Assembly where they made the TurboCoupe. He had several Fox Bodies growing up. I have 2 Fox Bodies now, but want more lol
My dad was an engine engineer at the Triple E building, he was the 5.0/5.8 division manager during the mid-80s. Before that he was part of the team that developed EEC-IV. He used to drive home some of the coolest prototypes, including the 25th Anniversary Mustang that never went to production. 5.7L twin turbo! It was a one-off built by Roush.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
With the official Ford post about this update being push via OTA I might hold off on this as well. I don't like people messing with my car in general, and it will save me the hassle. PaaK has worked perfect since the update this week (minus the battery drain issue with the app).

@Ford Motor Company thanks for your response on this matter.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
With the official Ford post about this update being push via OTA I might hold off on this as well. I don't like people messing with my car in general, and it will save me the hassle. PaaK has worked perfect since the update this week (minus the battery drain issue with the app).

@Ford Motor Company thanks for your response on this matter.
Same here, and I don't like them removing body panels, etc. if they don't have to.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Darn! Just make an appointment with the tech for Saturday for this. Is there a way to get just the SSM, my PaaK is functional but I'm hoping this will fix the phone battery drain.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Update from ford, they must be listening.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK Software Update for Phone-As-Key Bluetooth Connectivity Issue (CSP 21B36) 1623961916457

Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK Software Update for Phone-As-Key Bluetooth Connectivity Issue (CSP 21B36) 1623961949666

I've allowed FordPass to drain my battery, background refresh, location services, IT engineer and the sucker still doesn't work.

Great they'll be offering alternative ways to get it updated later this year.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK Software Update for Phone-As-Key Bluetooth Connectivity Issue (CSP 21B36) 1623961975087

soundlike it will eventually be an OTA for that.But I’m mostly interested in the mobile repair technician option. I did not know Ford had that option.

Last edited:

IndyMache

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Country flag
Interesting. Just got this alert/clarification via the App:

“Regarding the Field Service Action alert (21B36) that resolves potential Bluetooth disconnection when you are using Phone As A Key to unlock or start your vehicle.

A Ford Power-Up Software Update will be available later this year (2021) to resolve this issue.

If you prefer to receive the new software sooner, Ford has authorized dealers to perform this update free of charge. You can elect to:
  • Have a Mobile Repair technician come to the vehicle location
  • Utilize our vehicle Pickup & Delivery service where available
  • Drop your vehicle off at the dealership”
So, it can be done via OTA, eventually?

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Update from ford, they must be listening.

I've allowed FordPass to drain my battery, background refresh, location services, IT engineer and the sucker still doesn't work.

Great they'll be offering alternative ways to get it updated later this year.
I just received that notification myself. If it can be updated via OTA later on, I'd rather wait it out since PaaK is working well enough for me.

If I'm not mistaken, to connect a backup battery source to the 12V (per the Ford instruction the dealer is supposed to when performing the update), they have to take apart the front truck correct? Yeah I'd rather not have them rip things apart.

Oh wow FoMoCo itself is in the house!
Sponsored