Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This didn't address the original loaner question.. You should also look into why the vehicle does not require the Key FOB to set up PaaK the second time. New keys can be added with just the Ford account user/pass.
Or to pay for all of the cars because obviously this car still in beta
Sponsored

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Ok just tested Iphone. Exact same issue.

So it is not the device. It is the car itself.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is so bad FORD you should be ashamed of your team working on this car.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I did, and I got lock unlock to work but not to start the car or reenter the backup code.
I did not have to reset or reinstall anything after update.... and PAAK actually is working far better than before.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Ok just tested Iphone. Exact same issue.

So it is not the device. It is the car itself.

bring your Keyfob, and primary phone into the Dealership, and plan on staying until they get PAAK working, and you have your BackupStartCode working, AND test...

test PAAK by leaving your key inside the dealership more than 100' away

test door code and BackupStartCode by leaving both KeyFob and phone in dealership and open door with pillar code, and turn on MME with backupStartCode.

THEN worry about adding additional phones....

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Unfortunately its going to be 2 more weeks before I find a hole in my schedule to go park myself at the dealer ship for another 4 hours. Honestly I don't think they have a clue on how to fix this. The fix has to come from the mothership.

I'm going to talk to them to see if they can reset the update back or at least do a clean reupdate.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Unfortunately its going to be 2 more weeks before I find a hole in my schedule to go park myself at the dealer ship for another 4 hours. Honestly I don't think they have a clue on how to fix this. The fix has to come from the mothership.

I'm going to talk to them to see if they can reset the update back or at least do a clean reupdate.

my update took a little less than 1 hour, and did not require re-installing or re-loading anything at my end. I was pleasantly surprised. There WAS a Ford 'field engineer' present to train the service dept on proper procedure since mine was the first one the Dealership was doing..... You might suggest STRONGLY that your dealership service dept have a Ford field engr present to walk them thru the update and how to re-set whatever has happened to your PAAK configuration and BackupStartCode.

If your BackupStartCode is fubar, then you'll need to:
- delete FordPass from phone
- delete all phones from Sync
- update
- reload everything as if you just picked up the car.....
- configure PAAK
- set BackupStartCode

and don't leave until you test both PAAK, and BackupStartCode.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Proximity does not work.
But if I hold the button down on the app the doors unlock.
But start does not work. Says no key detected.
Yet my Phone says PaaK is set up but I guess it is not working at all.
Tried 2 android phones both say the same thing.
I'm testing an iphone now.
So it's sounding like the app buttons are working, and not PAAK. They're separate things. Your PAAK is not working at all.

If the app Lock and Unlock buttons work, I'm guessing the remote Start button does too. Remote Start is not actually Starting the car to drive it (you still need a fob or PAAK for that). Remote start simply turns the climate control on (and heated seats/steering wheel on if needed) to precondition the cabin. It's a bit of a misnomer to actually call it "Start".

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Hold off, in no hurry to have Unintentional Consequences before the next update .

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Proximity does not work.
But if I hold the button down on the app the doors unlock.
But start does not work. Says no key detected.
Yet my Phone says PaaK is set up but I guess it is not working at all.
Tried 2 android phones both say the same thing.
I'm testing an iphone now.
If you’re happy using the Fob, wait until the car needs to go to the dealer, then have the PAAK updates done. If you want it to work now., call them up and get it in. If you’ve had the PAAK work done (I can’t recall at this point), then the car needs to go back in as something is still not right.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So I had this update applied this morning. After a brief moment of panic when the overconfident dealer technician, (I warned him to talk to factory first) success fully bricked the car, flashing lights, horns beeping and 4 folks running around and all, they managed to get the software loaded in there, at least that's his claim.

Unfortunately, I can also confirm my PaaK is completely broken now. After re-setting up the PaaK on my phone, the back up start code will not activate. The doors will not lock unlock and the start does not work at all now. It says there are errors. Both on car and in phone.

So I'm down to one key. Which is super inconvenient as I have been selling off my cars. Lots of key juggling ongoing, with unhappy wife.

This one is a disastrous sequence folks, stay away.... ☠☠
Good reason to make sure your regional Field Service Engineer is involved from the start.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I'm one of those with the lingering question of "i already did the SSM. So I need to do this as well?"

I already had the notification for walk away lock once I did the SSM

Hopefully someone who knows can confirm this, but I suspect that when they do these updates they're not told specifically what software version to install. I'm guessing that whatever the newest version available on the Ford servers that day is that gets installed. Kind of like an app store update. You just get whatever the newest is

So my guess is some of us already had this update via the SSM?
Hello there! Would you please send us a private message with your VIN? We would like to look further into your Mach E's SSM situation on our end.

REB

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I got to the dealer at 8:30 am and left after 12 Noon. Unbelievable as I assumed it would 90 minutes at the most. Hope no one else encounters such delays. Service tech not the friendliest either even though I kept quiet for 2 hours with no information on the update.